O'Sentinel - NextGen - 1/17/10

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
:lol: Exactly. I'm your hight, so yeah, it's VERY tight in there.

:ROFLOL:

I went on SGE?:shrug::lookaroun

The next feat will be in June...E:E time.

Too bad you're heading there 20 days after me. I'd love to see those poor CMs try to maneuver two 6'3" guys onto E:E.....:ROFLOL:

fosse76

You are correct. Disney has been patenting nearly every idea (even if nothing comes of it) ever since the loss of Oswald the Lucky Rabbit. They definately know the price of forgetting that step. :animwink:

Ideas cannot be patented. There must be a working model for a patent to be approved. And Oswald would be a copyright/trademark issue.

fyn

Just to make a quick point, because this has been brought up a few times. The fear that this system is going to make cashless transactions trivial and thus guests will spend far more money doesn't seem valid. Credit Cards have had RFID chips in them for years now, allowing consumers to simply wave their wallets (or butts!) in front of a scanner to purchase items. The reason this hasn't become ubiquitous is because pulling a credit card out to pay for things is already trivial, and the returns for installing RFID enabling POS systems is greatly diminished over cheap-as-dirt credit card readers.

I don't see how this would be any different than charging items to your room bill.

EPCOT Explorer

Just to make a quick point, because this has been brought up a few times. The fear that this system is going to make cashless transactions trivial and thus guests will spend far more money doesn't seem valid. Credit Cards have had RFID chips in them for years now, allowing consumers to simply wave their wallets (or butts!) in front of a scanner to purchase items. The reason this hasn't become ubiquitous is because pulling a credit card out to pay for things is already trivial, and the returns for installing RFID enabling POS systems is greatly diminished over cheap-as-dirt credit card readers.

I don't see how this would be any different than charging items to your room bill.

Good point. I know some people fear the ever evil corporation, but I have yet to see a valid reason for disliking this.

Someone...Enlighten me.

Next Big Thing

That wouldn't be the reason why though. It has to do with not having to pull your wallet out to get that credit card and the RFID paying system will be so easy to do, it will in turn possibly have an effect on guest spending.

jt04

:brick:

Trust me, Big Brother could care less about almost all the multitudes that are so worried about him. They're just not all that important.

Exactly, "they are just not all that important". Neither then is your comment. Unless it's needed at a later date.:drevil:

jt04

Wiki? Really?

And yeah, what I bolded....What's the deal if someone knows I'm a Wishes Fan Boy and that I buy Retro EPCOT Center Stuff? :lol:

Someday you will care about being turned into a data point. It's happened before you know?

Sometimes people are naive. Until it's too late.

I thought you knew history. :shrug:

EPCOT Explorer

Someday you will care about being turned into a data point. It's happened before you know?

Sometimes people are naive. Until it's too late.

I thought you knew history. :shrug:

Look, everyone, there it is! Look! It's the jt04 patented Low Blow! :sohappy: It only comes out when he tries to toy with you and troll your emotions! WOW! :rolleyes:

I most certainly know the implications of this, and I know exactly what you are alluding to. This isn't 1984, jt. It's WDW. I see no reason to worry. Chill.

jt04

Look, everyone, there it is! Look! It's the jt04 patented Low Blow! :sohappy: It only comes out when he tries to toy with you and troll your emotions! WOW! :rolleyes:

I most certainly know the implications of this, and I know exactly what you are alluding to. This isn't 1984, jt. It's WDW. I see no reason to worry. Chill.

Please read post 248 again. :brick:

It was only 5 posts ago.

And try to keep up. :lookaroun

PS-- you "know the implications" and you tell me to "chill". Really?

EPCOT Explorer

Please read post 248 again. :brick:

It was only 5 posts ago.

And try to keep up. :lookaroun

PS-- you "know the implications" and you tell me to "chill". Really?

Yeah, really. I know what can happen with this. IF Disney does not guard it, which I think they would.

Here's your tin foil cap, jt. Goes well with the straight jacket. :lol:

jt04

Yeah, really. I know what can happen with this. IF Disney does not guard it, which I think they would.

Here's your tin foil cap, jt. Goes well with the straight jacket. :lol:

We have already been told by some "in the know" folks that Disney is spending 1.5 BILLION because they are developing patents they can then license.

Using snide comments won't shut me up. In fact it has the opposite effect on me because they only happen when exposing that which people are determined to hide or defend. This is dangerous technology. Disney knows it and THAT is the reason for the complete secrecy.

Stockholders will demand answers as to why Disney sees the need for such secrecy. Smells of massive Beta testing. :eek:

EPCOT Explorer

We have already been told by some "in the know" folks that Disney is spending 1.5 BILLION because they are developing patents they can then license.

Using snide comments won't shut me up. In fact it has the opposite effect on me because they only happen when exposing that which people are determined to hide or defend. This is dangerous technology. Disney knows it and THAT is the reason for the complete secrecy.

Stockholders will demand answers as to why Disney sees the need for such secrecy. Smells of massive Beta testing. :eek:

Yep, Mickey is evil. He wants your mind. I'm really buying into that.

Snide remarks? Fighting fire with fire. You've already attempted to insult me.

The politics in your post are tiresome, and not allowed. :wave:

jt04

Yep, Mickey is evil. He wants your mind. I'm really buying into that.

Snide remarks? Fighting fire with fire. You've already attempted to insult me.

The politics in your post are tiresome, and not allowed. :wave:

I never insulted you. I'm like 74, it'd be clear if I was insulting. I'm trying to educate those who don't see the dangers. It's not about you.

I got my eye on the mouse house. And I'm not alone. :wave:

EPCOT Explorer

I never insulted you. I'm like 74, it'd be clear if I was insulting. I'm trying to educate those who don't see the dangers. It's not about you.

I got my eye on the mouse house. And I'm not alone. :wave:
Oh, the whole History comment was just for giggles, huh?

Predictable, jt. There's your patented "Allusion To Another WDWMagic Member With An Opinion."

Do you have a formula for all this?

If you have your eye on the Mouse House, it certainly explains a few things. Are you a sheriff of sorts?

jt04

Oh, the whole History comment was just for giggles, huh?

Predictable, jt. There's your patented "Allusion To Another WDWMagic Member With An Opinion."

Do you have a formula for all this?

If you have your eye on the Mouse House, it certainly explains a few things. Are you a sheriff of sorts?

It was sarcasm. Sorry I didn't use one of these :)rolleyes:)

Of course you never use sarcasm :rolleyes:. I'm just being sarcastic about your sarcasm. :lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom