Oops!

CuriousDeGeo

Original Poster
I'm sorry if somebody has already posted something similar to this but I'm curious. How many of you have lost something on a ride in WDW? I'm curious because during my last trip in May/June '07 I was sitting on in the back of the boat on the Jungle Cruise and lifted my arms up so I could stretch them out on the edge of the boat on either side of me, and I had to lift my left arm over my cousin's head and as I did so I knocked off her sunglasses she had sitting on her head and they bounced once on the back of the boat and into the water(near the hippos if I remember correctly). I had a look of shock on my face for a few seconds and after realizing my cousin wasn't upset and that she was actually laughing we both laughed ourself to tears.:ROFLOL: I have to say it's a Disney memory I will never forget. So has anyone else accidentally donated something to Disney World?

aeillill

Well my mother donated her watch to Kali River Rapids about 10 years ago, unfortunately she wasn't very happy about this and hasn't gone on the ride since :(

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
DS left his cell phone in the pouch on Expedition Everest, but we got it back... The woman at the Lost & Found asked him to tell her what it looked like and his brilliant reply: "It looks like a cell phone" :lol:

I phoned his number and told her it was the phone that was ringing... :D

dandaman

Only time I've lost anything on a ride was my Yankees hat in 2004. My friend's grandma had got it from New York. I'm not even a Yankees fan let alone baseball, but hey, the hat was nice. A fateful gust of wind on Splash Mountain, and I could see it helplessly tumbling down the chute. :eek:

Though I think the two most depressing things in the world to a kid are dropping your ice cream and watching your Mickey balloon float hopelessly away. :lol:

Fun2BFree

Just call us the Hat Losers. In 2001, we went down the penultimate drop in Splash Mountain to find Mum's hat floating in the water at the Laughing Place. In 2007, I lost a hat on the flight from Belfast, Norn Iron, to Manchester. I nearly left one on BTMRR, but then left another on Soarin'. Needless to say, we're bringing the super-glue next trip. :lookaroun

disney21

Unfortunately, as a kid I lost a hat on TTA. (Right at the part when the cars speed up.) We watched it fly away for a little bit, but we soon lost site of it.

tcwickings

My 6 year old (at that time) lost a disney hat she just got that day. We went up to a cm and told her , she took her to a near by store and gave her a new one.

doop

My mom left her sunglasses in one of the pouches on EE. My mom ended up going to guest relations at the end of the day, and they were there.

bennyw01

my brother lost his sunglasses on everest, he didnt tell me till like a few days after, so five days after this eventi went to the animal kingdom and asked about, they told me to goto central lost and found at magic kingdom. verywell.

so i went there and they have boxes full of sunglasses found in each areas of each park and there literally FULL! and i looked through them for ages and i found them luckly as they were about to be melted or something. he said it was very rare you can acttually find your glasses and that he cant say there not our glasses cause we couldnt prove it. so if you want free designer sunglasses go down to central lost and found at the dog kennel at ttc. :drevil:

nicnic

My 4yo DD lost 1 croc last october in the parking lot of MK. She was asleep and as we put her into the car her croc must have fallen off and we did not realise untill we were on our way to our room.
My daughter was very upset as it had loads of charms on and she loved those shoes, we were only a few days into our stay aswell! I wasnt too bothered about the shoe more so the charms, I think they cost more than the shoe!!
We tried lost and found at MK but no one had handed it in, I think if I could of even had the croc back without the charms she would have been happy.

kstella

My DM had her cell phone drop out of her pocket just after loading on RNR. She felt it hit her foot as they were taking off then couldn't feel it anymore. Thinking for sure it was gone, she checked at the end of the ride and there it was, still in the bottom of the car. Can anyone say centrifical force? I can say it but I'm sure I can spell it!:lol:

btk2333

Last time at Disney, I saw a man lose his show while trying to get off IASW. It was funny for the rest of us as he was really confused and I'm not sure if he got it back or not...

maryszhi

i always wonder if they ever find stuff when they drain the water for rehabs: all the drivers license, waltets, credit cards, exc. also what do they do with the change people loose???

Here is a funny one: when i went to the lost and found to see if anybody found my mickey ears, which i left at the store i bought it at lol, but they had it, in the bag, with the reciept. i knew it was mine bc it had mary catherine on them

i laughed, though, about two people who asked:
A. if anybody found his drivers license
B. a teen ager asked if they found her FENDI sunglasses.
both were found
but seriously: who brings desginer sunglasses on a ride. i always give my stuff to whomever in our party isnt riding the ride

Tiggerfanatic

DS left his cell phone in the pouch on Expedition Everest, but we got it back... The woman at the Lost & Found asked him to tell her what it looked like and his brilliant reply: "It looks like a cell phone" :lol:
Just a little off topic, but one of the kids in our youth group was interviewed for the local news about the project they were working on.

Reporter: What's your name?
Answer: D.J. Smith
Reporter: How do you spell that?
Answer: D - J
Reporter: Uh, no, how do you spell your last name....

You know he'll never live that down!!

maryszhi

or here is one, on summit plummet, one of my fav. rides, my bikini top got unhooked. all of the sudden, when i got down, there it was floating by...i was sooo embarassed,i just grabbed it ...put in on...and walked the walk of shame.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom