Oops!

Ilovewishes

I haven't even finished reading the first page of posts on this thread, and already I have one burning question that has to be asked.

Why on earth didn't you take your hats off when you're on a ride???? It's obvious that it's going to fly off!! That's why they tell you to secure all loose articles, e.g. HATS!!!!!!!:brick:

sweetpee_1993

I'm sure my cousin & his wife will read this and get a good laugh. How can I not post on this thread???

My DH has a bad habit of getting distracted. Our Jan/Feb trip 2007 he left our camera in the pouch on the Dinosaur ride. ((This is how we met Dream Squad's Steve.)) We checked and rechecked at the ride, AK Guest Relations, and Central Lost & Found at least twice a day for weeks. Our camera was never seen again. I really could care less about the stinkin' camera, that could be replaced. It was the pics of my sons on the guided fishing excursion from that morning that I wanted so badly. Same day after the camera was gone DH left his ballcap with Oakley sunglasses folded up inside in the ride pouch of EE. It was at the very end of the night so we started riding it over and over in the same lanes. DS found dad's stuff on the last train to go out for the night. LOL! On our most recent trip we had dinner at LeCellier. Afterward we hopped a boat from the International Gateway over to DHS to see the Osborne Lights. We walked thru the gate of DHS & hubby realizes he doesn't have the brand new $1700 video camera. He started to fuss at DS11 about it because he thought he was the one who was carrying it. I whipped out my digital camera and looked back at the pics we took just before walking into LeCellier. You could see the straps of the camera bag in DH's hand. He remembered setting it down at the table in the restaurant. DH turned around and sprinted back to LeCellier...no boat...he ran. Our waitress (I won't give her name) had been so amazing we left her a huuuge tip on top of the 18% she got from the DDP. She saw my DH walk thru the door and knew what he was after. She had the camera put in the back with her personal stuff. She said she was supposed to turn it in but she was afraid with it being so nice we'd never get it back. She had already contacted our resort and had intended to deliver it personally to our resort after her shift. She hugged DH's neck and thanked him again for the generous tip. Thank God we got that camera back. At the time of the vacation we hadn't even finished paying for it. LOL!

So now we rib DH whenever we got off rides or go to leave a restaurant...Do you have your hat??? Sunglasses??? Where's the camera??? Is your behind still attached??? You didn't forget it, did you???
:lol:

Oh! And DS10 left his racoon skin hat on EE on our most recent trip but we got him another one. Poor kid. You woulda thought someone peed in his cheerios over it. LOL!

Little sister Alyssa was 5 and had a denim (oh, it was all the rage my friends!) Minnie Mouse hat that matched her whole outfit. (Mom was really into matching...anyone remember Zoodles?) It flew off on Goofy's Barnstormer, and my mother was having a conniption, so Dad (who's 6'4 and could be seen by a blind nun) thinks no one will notice if he hops over the que rails and into the track area to grab her hat.

A CM starts yelling at him that he needs to get OUT of the area ASAP (duh, Dad), but he knew we'd never see the hat again as we were heading out that afternoon. I'm going to guess if Dad stopped to listen, he might've been asked to leave the park, but he ignored the CM and just kept walking after re-vaulting over the rails. I think to him, a mad Mom would've been worse than a mad CM :ROFLOL:

imamouse

I lost a ponytail scrunchie on Space Mtn years ago (I doubt I was the only one).

In 2006 after transferring from Pop to POR, I realized I had left some lingerie in the bath room at Pop. I called Pop's lost and found several times, but my items never turned up :lookaroun .

montyz81

Only time I've lost anything on a ride was my Yankees hat in 2004. My friend's grandma had got it from New York. I'm not even a Yankees fan let alone baseball, but hey, the hat was nice. A fateful gust of wind on Splash Mountain, and I could see it helplessly tumbling down the chute. :eek:

Though I think the two most depressing things in the world to a kid are dropping your ice cream and watching your Mickey balloon float hopelessly away. :lol:

Thanks! Now we know why the Yankees had their worst year in baseball. Go Sox!

phichi17

I didn' t really loose it, but I cracked my iPhone screen really good getting off the tram at MK. I would call that a big OOPS! Apple only wants $250 to repair.....:cry:

lilclerk

My boyfriend lost his cell phone somewhere in Epcot last year. It was tragic and is going to leave his in the room this year.

JDM

Near Miss!

On our last trip, my daughter brought her sacred "Doll" with her, which is like a security blanket to her. We had all agreed that she couldn't take it into the parks for fear of losing it, so no problem there.

We hadn't been at POR for much more than an hour, when we went to look around the gift shop. As we weren't going to the parks that day, she was still carrying Doll and also looking at all the neat little toys and stuffed animals they have and was playing with some of them. We walked around for 10 or 15 more minutes and were about to leave when we walked past the original shelf where she had been playng earlier--and saw DOLL LYING THERE!!! She had put it down to play with something, got distracted and left it there!!

I shudder to think what would have happened to the rest of the trip if we hadn't walked past that shelf on the way out....

:eek:

~Tinkerbell~

At the end of our trip in 2005, my little sister left a bag on a Disney bus, which contained hers and my brother's autograph books (which were pretty full!), a few pens and a couple of other souvenirs everyone had bought. No one realised that she didn't have the bag until we were back in our room! My mum went to report the missing bag and left details, but we didn't really think we'd get the bag back - it was our last day after all. However, a few weeks after our holiday, we were sent the bag! :D We couldn't believe it - they had sent the bag from Florida to our home in England! Truly magical. :)

sweetpee_1993

Whenever I spot pacifiers at WDW on the ground that have lost their children I always think of the poor little one who's missing it and the parents who are beside themselves wishing they had it. I remember those pacifier days. I hope the parents thought to bring back-ups like I always did. LOL!

KingStefan

... Our waitress (I won't give her name) had been so amazing we left her a huuuge tip on top of the 18% she got from the DDP. She saw my DH walk thru the door and knew what he was after. She had the camera put in the back with her personal stuff...

Definitely karma! The kindness you do to others comes back to you ten fold! (and watch out - same for the bad stuff!)

DD then 9 left a water bottle that she was really fond of somewhere in AK. She thought that she had left it in ITTBAB. We went to the ITTBAB exit and told the CM there, and she directed us up to the CM-only area near the exit doors to the theater. They looked around backstage, and it wasn't there. We waited until the end of the next show, and the CM let us in, and we looked around quickly and couldn't find it.

Then after all that, DD remembers that she left it in the gift shop over by the cut-over to Dinorama! I just rolled my eyes! How could I be mad? It's WDW, after all. She must have said "I'm sorry daddy" a hundred times on the way over to the gift shop!:lol:

Lucky

My son dropped his sword from CRT in the PotC canal. Never saw it again.

My wife left her pack with wallet on EvExp. We got that back in about 10 minutes.

Disneykidder

Not a Disney ride but Disney/thread related....

Was in Hershey Park on Wednesday and left my fleece Tigger/Pooh DL hat on the Chocolate World ride. As I stepped off, a sweet staff member handed it to me...Whew...love that hat!!:)

hpyhnt 1000

Ah...good memories of my mom losing her hat on Splash Mountain as we slid our way down Slippin' Falls. The people in the log behind us had a good laugh about the whole affair (we did too, only not right away). :lol:

GoofyMom2

Dh lost his cane on Buzz....slipped right through an opening....a CM went on it with one of those grabbers and found it....whew! That would have been a rough trip for him without it!

A few years ago DS left his refillable mug somewhere in the cafe in ASMovies....we realized rather quickly but we couldn't find it. A very kind CM named Tony went and grabbed him a new one....he saved the day and made a very sad little boy happy again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom