Online ADR booking

Walter Yensid

I just utilized it to book at Kona Cafe for July 3rd. It went smoothly. I was a bit surprised that no credit card guarantee was necessary. I didn't even have to login. All it wanted was my name, email and "phone number while on vacation" entered.

I'm sure this will change once they notice the likely increase in no-shows.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised at this considering it had mentioned a credit card was required in the actual restaurant info. Believe me, I was not complaining, but surprised.

From what I have read, I guess Disney has a very low 'no-show' (or at least below average for the restaurant industry anyway) for their reservations, so I guess they know what they are doing. But, I have to imagine that credit cards will become required at some point.

bayoutinkbelle

I used it today to book a spot at Chef Mickey, which I had been trying to get into for weeks via telephone with no luck. The process was extremely smooth, no troubles at all. I'm willing to believe that I got a spot - albeit a late one - because someone canceled closer to their date, but who knows? I can see myself utilizing this system for all my ADRs.

Ghall

Just made my first ADR online, it's so much better than holding on the phone from Ireland for over an hour to make a reservation!

njm

Does anyone know how to put a reservation in made from the UK. It keeps saying my phone number is invalid? Help would be appreciated.

Ghall

Does anyone know how to put a reservation in made from the UK. It keeps saying my phone number is invalid? Help would be appreciated.

I got the same when I tried to put in my Irish mobile number, it said it was invalid. It says it needs a contact number while you are on holidays and as we are staying at the Beach Club Resort I just put that phone number in (as it only seems to accept American phone numbers) and it took that. It then confirmed my ADR.

njm

Sorry should have been more clear. I'm wanting to call up my hotel reservation made with the UK WDTC so I can book for 90 days +10. Maybe this won't be possible until this is available on the UK site.

Ghall

Sorry should have been more clear. I'm wanting to call up my hotel reservation made with the UK WDTC so I can book for 90 days +10. Maybe this won't be possible until this is available on the UK site.

Yes it is possible, we made our hotel reservation with the UK WDTC and had no problem making ADR's on the phone. They just asked where we were staying, dates, names and they were able to find us in their system. The UK reservation number was no good to them so they just searched by name and resort. I made most of my ADR's by phone for 90 days + 10. But be prepared to be on the phone from the UK for sometime!!! Maybe now that people can book ADR's online it may not be as bad!

marypoppins68

This is GREAT! I just got a reservation for Le Cellier on July 12. For lunch.:sohappy: So much easier than calling and going through the phone tree and then waiting on hold. I love it!

DisneyMusician2

Wow, I hope they put in more safeguards to prevent abuse of the system, but EXTREMELY overdue! I wonder if this means Disney will be laying off phone operators...

Momtocnc

I still have almost two months before I can book, but I was wondering if anyone knows what time online reservations will roll over to allow for the next day. For example, I can book on August 24. Will it still be at 7 AM or possible midnight?

Thanks!!!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I still have almost two months before I can book, but I was wondering if anyone knows what time online reservations will roll over to allow for the next day. For example, I can book on August 24. Will it still be at 7 AM or possible midnight?

Thanks!!!
Rollover should still be at 7:00 AM.

KingStefan

This will be a great system for me to make routine reservations, but totally useless for me for last-minute reservations or hard-to-get restaurants, because I usually tell the CM to search for any time on any day during my stay. With no time window in the system, you have to jump through hoops to cover all the possiblities. The five-day window (instead of seven or 10 or even 14) also makes that difficult.

Regarding the discussion about double booking: while I agree it should not be done, there are several instances I can see that prohibiting it automatically would be difficult.

I've had several instances where we booked a "late lunch" during the dinner hour, say like 4 PM, and a late-night dinner at say 10 PM. So you couldn't filter on just "dinner" - there would have to be a time between reservations as well. And who is to say that people won't want to eat three hours apart? What about two hours? You can see it gets difficult.

Already mentioned has been some people in one party at one restaurant, and others at a different restaurant. So the party size has to be considered as well. And what if the times are slightly offset, and one adult is going to hop over to the other restaurant for light fare? Then you would be exceeding the total number in party.

And what if I keep going back and looking for a cancellation at Le Cellier or someplace, and one comes up but I'm already booked somewhere else at that time? I should be allowed to jump on the new one and then go cancel the other one later.

MissM

Interesting!

I'm curious about this though:
Update Your Profile

Are you an Annual Passholder and/or Florida Resident? If so, please add this information to your account profile so we can tailor your dining search.

I clicked the link and it brought me to the "profile" page - but all I could do was change name and address. There was no place to indicate about being a Passholder. Anyone seeing anything different?

GothMickey

Interesting!

I'm curious about this though:
Update Your Profile

Are you an Annual Passholder and/or Florida Resident? If so, please add this information to your account profile so we can tailor your dining search.

I clicked the link and it brought me to the "profile" page - but all I could do was change name and address. There was no place to indicate about being a Passholder. Anyone seeing anything different?

Scroll down about midpage. Under where you update your address there is a box to click stating you are an annual passholder. When you click that, the option to add in your ID number comes up.

DisneyJoe

This will be a great system for me to make routine reservations, but totally useless for me for last-minute reservations or hard-to-get restaurants, because I usually tell the CM to search for any time on any day during my stay. With no time window in the system, you have to jump through hoops to cover all the possiblities. The five-day window (instead of seven or 10 or even 14) also makes that difficult.

The dining CM's are now using this system, so they are going to have the same difficulty.

MissM

Scroll down about midpage. Under where you update your address there is a box to click stating you are an annual passholder. When you click that, the option to add in your ID number comes up.
Ah, that wasn't there before. But GRR. It won't work. It keeps telling me my month is invalid. How is "05" which is what is printed on the pass invalid?? :brick:

Oookay then. Even though what's on my ticket is 05/10/09 it wouldn't accept it that way. I had to change it to 05/10/2009

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom