One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

Sam Magic

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP
With special guest host @D Hulk

STOP #3: DISNEYSKY
enhance

Welcome to the Disneyland Resort! Our third stop is at the fictitious, but hyperrealistic, DisneySky Park, designed by @D Hulk and published in the fall of 2020. This aviation themed park is the 3rd offering of the Disneyland Resort, and while it has a rich history for all to explore, there are more subtle enhancements that the park is in need of

-Challenge-
Create a new merchandise item for DisneySky

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Friday, April 9th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
Long_and_Feng.png

Coming this summer to DisneySKY are the newest in-park Disney mascots and plushes. Like Duffy the Disney Bear, located at Tokyo DisneySEA, Long and Feng the Disney Dragon and Phoenix, will be available to DisneySKY guests starting in April when Disneyland Resort reopens. Inspired by the Beastly Kites attraction in Mythic Realm, Long and Feng are friendly and fierce, possessed with water and fire gifts; the dragon and phoenix duo will inspire and excite DisneySKY guests to reach new heights.

Orange Cat

I just had a really dumb idea for this so wait until the literal last minute for it!
OR WAIT UNTIL RIGHT NOW!
BOTTLED SKY
C813CD83-3244-4C9E-BDC1-F3625C0667B1.png

Often when in the hot California sun you end up craving a nice cool beverage, & since Disney is all about making sure that guests are comfortable they‘ll now offer up a delicious & refreshing drink in DisneySky known as Bottled Sky! Which will come in Midday Blueberry, Sunset Mango, Twilight Cherry, & Midnight Blackberry flavors!

NateD1226

Redwing

1618013591866.png

Coming to Damage Control Storehouse in Avengers Airspace is Falcon's drone Redwing where guests can buy their own remote control Redwing to fly around back at their homes. This Redwing product is just like Falcon's drone as it has foam darts that can be shot out during flying, a camera that will be able to record the flight, and a new feature that allows the drone to spit out a parachute just in case of a crash landing!

D Hulk

REVIEWS

Is this the first time that a fictional, fan-made park has featured in competition? Whether or not, I'm honored and humbled by these submissions. which fit DisneySky very well and make it all the richer. Well done, everyone!
Discovery Drones
View attachment 546305
Invented by SKY member Luna Diesel, fly through the skies* and discover what's out there! There's options for Disney Princess, Mickey Mouse, Avengers, Star Wars, Muppet, and more themed Discovery Drones to satisfy anyone's style!

*Outside of any Disney SKY or any Disney affiliated parks. Thank you.
Drone ties in perfectly with DisneySky's themes of flight & aviation. Sure to be a top dollar item. I love the in-depth tie-in to Luna Diesel. Good note that the drones won't be used within the park.​

REMOTE CONTROL FANTASTICAR

View attachment 546321
Take control of the Fantasticar and help the Fantastic Four save the world from the maniacal Doctor Doom! These RC flying vehicles are charged by USB for 22 minutes of continuous flight time per charge. Fantastic Four action figures sold separately!
Another good use of the aviation theme tied into a specific park area (Avengers Airspace). Fantastic Four aren't in the park yet, but they're a major part of the expansion plans.​

MARVEL AVIATORS

View attachment 546333

DisneySky is celebrating Black Widow dropping on theaters and Disney+ with Premier Access (additional fee required) on July 9th with a new collection inspired by your favorite Avengers. For a limited time (the demand was so high that they became permanent additions), you’ll be able to collect aviator themed Avengers action figures, there will be one per land and they’ll be themed accordingly; for example, S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Black Widow will be available at Avengers Airspace. Get them as soon as you can, because Pioneer Fields’ Rustic Iron Man and Discovery Glaclier’s Popsicle Captain America (get it? Because he was frozen *Ba Dum Tss*) promise to be fan favorites.​
Nice tie-in with Black Widow...it took 'em long enough! I especially like how this is a collectible series, spanning the entire park and every land.​

Le Baggy
Don't just hurl it, le baggy it!

BN-MU993_BARFBA_P_20160228204409.jpg

No airplane flight would be complete without your own personal Le Baggy, and now guests can purchase Le Baggy for all their nauseous needs at DisneySky. Le Baggy is all about elegance and subtlety, and as such comes in plenty of elegant designs with Disney flourishes to make your very own Le Baggy into a fashion forward accessory!​
High-end barf bags is certainly a clever idea, I can't fault you for that, but I can't say that I appreciate them. They'd probably tick around as long as those poop-themed foodstuffs at Animal Kingdom. We'll be selling the overstock to Six Flags.
EDIBLE SKY™

View attachment 546337

The official Cotton Candy of DisneySky, found at snack carts throughout the park. Themed to the clouds above.​
This is a truly fantastic idea...it tows the line of merchandise vs. food, but I'll allow it. The custom artwork (complete with park logo) really drives home the believability.
View attachment 546342
Paper Fans can easily fulfill multiple purposes of being functional on hot days, aesthetically pleasing and easy to store and carry, and they can activate wind powered contraptions and thus serve as interactive toys. There can even be different styles, from beautiful traditional paper fans in Mystic Realms to red white and blue Cap fans that are more sturdy and plastic but still eyecatching.
Here's another merchandise concept which neatly works throughout the park. I greatly appreciate how useful these would be in the summer...definitely the sort of souvenir I'd buy in the heat of the moment. Far more practical than, e.g., the drones.
The Rocket Pack

rocket1.jpg

Feel like the Rocketeer when you purchase this exclusive backpack modeled after the iconic rocket pack, with plenty of storage space in its main container and special sound triggers that allow it to roar like it's firing up for a test flight!​
This is a clever Rocketeer product. I like the amount of specificity here: a backpack connected to a single attraction. Not as attention-grabbing as other ideas, but extremely fitting.
Aviation Helmets
View attachment 546372
As a counterpart to Disneyland's iconic mouse ear hats, various shops at DisneySky have a selection of aviators' helmets with the usual goggles and a pair of mouse ears sticking out of it. Like with the mouse ear hats, you can get it personalized as well!
An aviation variation on the classic mouse ears, that is actually the very first merch item I'd ever conceived for DisneySky. It's so classically "Disney." Good fleshing out too with the personalization.
I wasn't planning on submitting anything, but @Outbound's submission gave me a really stupid idea:

Crystalia Oxygen Bar
View attachment 546381
Coming soon to Avenger's Airfield is Crystalia Oxygen Bar - join very well known and famous former Avenger Crystal as she helps refill your tired lungs with the very thing that makes DisneySky possible: oxygen. $10.00 gets you 10 full minutes of your choice of four scented oxygen directly to your lungs through an oxygen mask. If that's not enough, harness the power of air in your own hands and purchase a Tornado in a Jar - delight your friends and frighten your enemies with the power of air currents.​
An oxygen bar is a very unexpected idea, but it fits the park. Think you've strayed a bit beyond the definition of a "souvenir," since guests don't take the oxygen with them in any meaningful way.
View attachment 546426
ZEPHYR AIRSHIP MODEL
Model builders, Disney merchandise collectors, and Discovery Bay lovers alike will enjoy this highly detailed model of a Zephyr airship, as seen in the Flight to the Top of the World attraction.

Guests who purchase this model building kit get to construct the iconic ship themselves from over 100 individual pieces, including a small light to illuminate the cabin and a rotating propeller mechanism.

Released for DisneySky’s first anniversary in the fall of 2021, this model is a fantastic reminder of the magic of DisneySky, even when you can’t be there in person.​
A classy high-end souvenir connected to a specific attraction. Love it! You were always extremely engaged throughout the DisneySky project, which shows with your park lore knowledge.

Ratigan's Blimp Popcorn Bucket

View attachment 546429

Are you a fan of lesser known Disney Classics? Well, this limited edition Popcorn bucket (to be sold exclusively during a Disney Villains Halloween event held at the sky-themed park) is right for you!
It comes with two (fixed) figures of Professor Ratigan and his right-hand man Fidget and the big yellow circles on each side of the blimp can be opened to give you easy access to the popcorn inside.

[I'm sorry if I'm late for the party, but I haven't been much on this forum lately. Am I too late, or can I join?]
Welcome back to the forums! And nicely done, considering the overall obscurity of this DisneySky challenge. Popcorn buckets are always welcome, especially buckets featuring one of my favorite Disney baddies.
DREAMFLIGHTS
eJnK08MHSU5MXmTvvS0To0piMub.jpg
DisneySky embodies the desire to reach for the skies, believe the impossible can be achieved, and good old fashioned human innovation, and though we cannot build and fly actual aircraft, we can have fun and build models of them.

Every store in DisneySky offers the Dreamflights collection, made up of at least 50 different models to buy and build, based on iconic vehicles from Disney's past from bi-planes to spaceships, but also the creative choice to mix-and-match with many original fixtures and designs, allowing modellers and collectors to build their own unique aircraft.
Aircraft models really are a perfect fit! I love the collection's breadth & variety, its homage name, and more. This collectible product line could stretch out for years.

I'm starting to wonder why DisneySea never sold ship models.
Aviators Showcase

Our version of Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, customise your aviator getup.
Not a bad idea. Would very much like a little fleshing out. Like, would guests' aviator costumes be original, or inspired by Disney characters?
“Design Your Own Airport Funbook”

Designed by Disney and civil engineers, this Funbook walks aspiring airport designers age 12+ through the decisions that go into designing an airport: runway directions (based on wind data for a given city that can be accessed through a website link), runway orientations (e.g. parallel), runway length (based on factors such as aircraft types), number of gates, number of ticket counters, and more. Professor Ludwig Von Drake (with assistance from Goofy) walks the designers through the various exercises, which are designed to get young people interested in civil engineering careers. The Funbook will be located in several retail shops in Disney Sky, including Avionics Emporium.
View attachment 546574
If anything could possible make civil engineering and airport design fun for families, it's this! This is an ideal product for the Avionics Emporium. Really well integrated to the park's overall mission statement.
It might be too late to the first two but that won't stop me from doing the third.
41qFMrT9ykL._AC_UL600_SR372,600_.jpg

Mr. Maté's Mechanical Monstrosities and Machineries
The Space Age is alive in Cosmic Crater and Meteorite Mart is the get-go for finding vintage sci-fi toys and memorabilia with Mr. Maté's Mechanical Monstrosities and Machineries coming in hotter than the Asteroid Damocles. This custom toy line ties in with the land's E-Ticket attractions, with Dr. Diesel's rockets and satellite pods (the latter is a reference to In An Ocean of Stars) representing IMPACT! The Asteroid from Outer Space and taking the aliens, UFOs, monsters, and robot monsters from Atomic Boneyard and turning them into neat wind action figures and models. On top of Cosmic Crater's aliens, monsters, and machines, there is also the Fab Five (in their vintage forms) filtered through an Atompunk lens (marvel at Moon-Mouse Mickey or gaggle at Gremlin Goofy in his gashed up and grubby Grumman F6F).
Your knowledge of DisneySky's details might even exceed my own! I love souvenirs which are specific to their land and attractions, which you've absolutely done here with a product line covering the entirety of Cosmic Crater. It's clear how much thought went into this.
The art of cool theme park t-shirts is a lost art but time to bring it back!!!!

I recommend a shirt, similar to the one posted below,
that displays the planes, spaceships, and other air travel vehicles from all of Disney and Disney Acquired IP'S throughout the years from movies to ride attractions such as: The Millenium Falcon, Baloo's ship from Taleship, the Rescue Ranger's ship, The classic Rockets from the Rocket Jets ride in Tomorrowland, The Rocket Rod vehicles, Flight to the moon ride vehicles, Star Speeder from Star Tours etc. all displayed above the name of the land DISNEYSKY in blue lettering on a gray t-shirt or blue on white t-shirt for the reasonable price of $39.95 available at all gift shops this fall!!!
View attachment 546681
Kudos to you for nailing this prompt despite your unfamiliarity with DisneySky. This T-shirt line combines flight with vintage Disney park homages, which makes it a perfect fit.
View attachment 546692

Coming this summer to DisneySKY are the newest in-park Disney mascots and plushes. Like Duffy the Disney Bear, located at Tokyo DisneySEA, Long and Feng the Disney Dragon and Phoenix, will be available to DisneySKY guests starting in April when Disneyland Resort reopens. Inspired by the Beastly Kites attraction in Mythic Realm, Long and Feng are friendly and fierce, possessed with water and fire gifts; the dragon and phoenix duo will inspire and excite DisneySKY guests to reach new heights.
Going the Duffy route with new park mascots is admirably ambitious. I love how this ties in with an existing attraction, while also subtly drawing influence from Raya the Last Dragon. (I also love how these proposals act like DisneySky is already an established part of the Disneyland Resort!)
OR WAIT UNTIL RIGHT NOW!
BOTTLED SKY
View attachment 546981
Often when in the hot California sun you end up craving a nice cool beverage, & since Disney is all about making sure that guests are comfortable they‘ll now offer up a delicious & refreshing drink in DisneySky known as Bottled Sky! Which will come in Midday Blueberry, Sunset Mango, Twilight Cherry, & Midnight Blackberry flavors!
From the name, I was expecting another oxygen bar. Rather it's a park-wide drink brand, which is practical and fun and on-theme, albeit slightly more of a food item than a souvenir.
Redwing

View attachment 547016

Coming to Damage Control Storehouse in Avengers Airspace is Falcon's drone Redwing where guests can buy their own remote control Redwing to fly around back at their homes. This Redwing product is just like Falcon's drone as it has foam darts that can be shot out during flying, a camera that will be able to record the flight, and a new feature that allows the drone to spit out a parachute just in case of a crash landing!
This is an especially good product idea right now with The Falcon and the Winter Soldier getting so much attention (for dance GIFs). Redwing sounds rather complicated; it would be amazing to see at full capacity.​

D Hulk

Results!
Like @spacemt354, there’s no way I can narrow this down to just one player per award. As it is, I’m leaving out a ton of wonderful proposals which I’d be proud to include in DisneySky!

Ps5WGu1.png

@Outbound
Since it’s a snack, it’s slightly outside of the souvenir parameter, but it’s a wonderful snack.

L30Y5yp.png

@Brer Panther & @1HAPPYGHOSTHOST
These proposals are perhaps the simplest Disney souvenir ideas (shirts & hats), but they show the strength in simplicity.

zihTg3C.png

@MickeyWaffleCo. & @Suchomimus

Both proposals showed exceptional understanding of my fan-made project (which wasn’t expected of players, but naturally I appreciate it), and both used that knowledge well.

DrRz15D.png

@Solaris Knight & @ThemeParkPriest & @Sam4D23
In different ways I feel these three – yes, three! – proposals add the most to DisneySky, from the pure practicality of the paper fans, to the mission statement perfection of the airport design book, to the mascots which deepen the park’s lore.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #4: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
Untitled-design-24-800x400.png

Welcome to Universal Studios Hollywood! As construction on Super Nintendo World is underway, and videos have been released from Universal Studios in Japan of what is to come, our task will be differentiating USH in some fashion.

-Challenge-
Create a new attraction for Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood

-Rules-

- You may set this attraction as an expansion to the existing land, or create a hypothetical new land for your attraction to be placed in.
- You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, April 11th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #4: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
Untitled-design-24-800x400.png

Welcome to Universal Studios Hollywood! As construction on Super Nintendo World is underway, and videos have been released from Universal Studios in Japan of what is to come, our task will be differentiating USH in some fashion.

-Challenge-
Create a new attraction for Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood

-Rules-

- You may set this attraction as an expansion to the existing land, or create a hypothetical new land for your attraction to be placed in.
- You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, April 11th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?

OH REALLY?!
8A9AABD5-F656-417D-A81E-D59E92F0804A.jpeg

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
I totally toned this down to better fit the “family friendly” environment of SNW. And also took MASSIVE creative liberties as far as what events happen when, but whatevs it’s a theme park ride.

METROID: ESCAPE FROM ZEBUS

581E0141-C96C-43B9-94C7-2E8807C95C67.jpeg

Guests join the greatest hero in the galaxy, Samus Aran, for a thrilling mission into the ruins of planet Zebus to save The Last Metroid.

Taking inspiration from games like Zero Mission, Samus Returns, and Metroid Fusion, this fast paced dark ride will transport guests into iconic locations based on on the caverns of Brinstar, superheated tunnels of Norfair, the dangerous Space Pirate Mother Ship, and right into the heart of a Metroid nest, all the time avoiding an assortment of deadly enemies and traps!

Finally on the brink of escape, guests are confronted by Samus’s nemesis Ridley, but hope is not lost, as help comes in the form of a new ally; the hatchling we came to rescue!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom