One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

DisneyFan18

LUIGI’S SPOOKTACULAR ADVENTURE

647A8CCB-29C4-49CE-847D-31C891113B0A.jpeg

You’ve been invited to a very exclusive party at the mansion of the most acclaimed director that no one has ever heard about, Notaghost McBoo, where he’ll be celebrating the premiere of his upcoming movie: The Luigi Trap.

Join Luigi in an adventure like no other as you help him escape out of King Boo’s newest machination: a movie that sucks you in, where you’ll travel through different scenes in order to find The Moonlight Key that unlocks a way out, however the ghosts that star in the film will give you a hard time, you must hurry or you might not make the final cut of the movie; with the help of projection mapping and other revolutionary technology, elements of the set will appear and disappear at any given moment (some might even come to life), and at times, it might even feel like the room is moving or spinning.

Luigi’s Spooktacular Adventure will be taking over Transformers: The Ride 3D and Stage 31, this revolutionary thrilling family friendly attraction will use a trackless LPS ride system.​

Sharon&Susan

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #4: UNIVERSAL STUDIOS HOLLYWOOD
Untitled-design-24-800x400.png

Welcome to Universal Studios Hollywood! As construction on Super Nintendo World is underway, and videos have been released from Universal Studios in Japan of what is to come, our task will be differentiating USH in some fashion.

-Challenge-
Create a new attraction for Super Nintendo World at Universal Studios Hollywood

-Rules-

- You may set this attraction as an expansion to the existing land, or create a hypothetical new land for your attraction to be placed in.
- You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, April 11th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
FORTRESS ESCAPE
1618023758060.png

Replacing the food court that has a Panda Express, Fortress Escape has guests "kidnapped" by Bowser inside a fortress owned by the underling Boom-Boom, thankfully Mario comes to our aid and lends us a giant Propeller Block to escape! Guests board inside the block, for a drop tower adventure of a life time that involves avoiding the rising lava, being crushed by giant stone blocks, and a boss fight against Boom-Boom who requires three ground pounds until he's down!

The USH version of this attraction will be completely indoors with no points to look outdoors and scream, due to the possibility of disrupting active filming.

Suchomimus

Wario and Waluigi's Gold Rush
d244kee-d8eb5620-6561-4b21-8c90-df596aefe7f4.gif
Wario's Gold Mine has tapped its biggest gold vein yet and Wario has enlisted the help of his lanky brother to help oversee the extraction of gold, which is done with the help of suckers guests. Guests board a train of 4 minecarts bound the mine's depths to where the gold deposit is, along with its guardian Gold Draggadon! This indoor coaster incorporates swaying coaster cars that not only have special lights that sparkle like gold when it reaches the gold loading scene, but also separates in half down different tracks for either Wario or Waluigi, jump over obstacles like the upcoming DK attraction, and reconnect at the ride's climax.

Last edited:

Suchomimus

Your knowledge of DisneySky's details might even exceed my own! I love souvenirs which are specific to their land and attractions, which you've absolutely done here with a product line covering the entirety of Cosmic Crater. It's clear how much thought went into this.
Thanks for the kind words, Doug. Tbh, when I first began my initial idea was for steampunk figures of the Pleistocene fauna and the Northern Giant. But I couldn’t find a decent image of what I was looking for and the more I thought about it, the more I realized this might not be the best drive, both in terms of maintainability and cost friendliness. And there was no way I just going to make a plushy series or animal figurines out of them. Even without this prompt, those would already be standards for theme park merchandise. I wanted to create something unique but also fun and enjoyable. And then I had a coming to Jesus moment, when I thought of Meteorite Mart and its vintage wind up toy props, and I thought to myself “Why not create a real line up out of these? Albeit with tie ins to Luna Diesel and the Boneyard.” I also thought the Fab Five would fit right in in their vintage appearances and alliterated to fit the Space Age getup. What did you think of that idea and the two examples I gave?

D Hulk

Thanks for the kind words, Doug. Tbh, when I first began my initial idea was for steampunk figures of the Pleistocene fauna and the Northern Giant. But I couldn’t find a decent image of what I was looking for and the more I thought about it, the more I realized this might not be the best drive, both in terms of maintainability and cost friendliness. And there was no way I just going to make a plushy series or animal figurines out of them. Even without this prompt, those would already be standards for theme park merchandise. I wanted to create something unique but also fun and enjoyable. And then I had a coming to Jesus moment, when I thought of Meteorite Mart and its vintage wind up toy props, and I thought to myself “Why not create a real line up out of these? Albeit with tie ins to Luna Diesel and the Boneyard.” I also thought the Fab Five would fit right in in their vintage appearances and alliterated to fit the Space Age getup. What did you think of that idea and the two examples I gave?
I think you made the right choice going with Meteorite Mart. What you presented fit the vintage Atom Age tin toy aesthetic very well, and the Diesel tie-ins did not go unnoticed. The steampunk critter idea sounds less fully resized and less accessible. (LAX Theme Building avatar now, eh?)

Brer Panther

Pokemon Photo Safari
1618059094735.png
Based on the ever-popular Pokemon franchise, this new dark ride sends guests on a "photo safari" to snap pictures of all eight-hundred-and-ninety-eight different Pokemon (or at least the majority of them). Filled with sight gags, special effects, and lifelike animatronics, this should be very popular with guests of all ages.

Ludpat Mike

In the Parks
No

Pokemon: Moon Stone Adventure

main.png

There's a place, Pokemon Oasis, where Pokemon of every kind can live in the wild without worrying about being caught with a pokeball. A place you'll want to visit in a special jeep, but Team Rocket is on its way to steal the biggest (and most valuable) Moon Stone ever found - which is hidden in the Oasis - along with some rare (and, again, valuable) creatures.
Of course the Pokemon will engage fight with the baddies and you'll be right there seeking for a shelter with the help of Pikachu( or another starter Pokemon), in a dark ride adventure filled with practical effects and screens which will take you to the different environments of the Oasis

Evilgidgit

Pokemon Photo Safari
View attachment 547151
Based on the ever-popular Pokemon franchise, this new dark ride sends guests on a "photo safari" to snap pictures of all eight-hundred-and-ninety-eight different Pokemon (or at least the majority of them). Filled with sight gags, special effects, and lifelike animatronics, this should be very popular with guests of all ages.
We'll get to do this for real on April 30th when the new Pokemon Snap game comes out!

Last edited:

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
82777918-B7BC-4264-BD2C-D0C03B8257EB.jpeg

SPLATOON: INKOPOLIS TAKEOVER
In this exciting attraction, guests board Inkopolis city tour buses and soon find themselves in the middle of an intense turf war battle as inklings and octolings fight on all sides.

The bus-like simulator ride pods allow guests to experience immersive, surrounding visuals seen from every window and exhilarating, synced motion base movement as their unassuming tour of Inkopolis quickly goes awry.

Splatoon: Inkopolis Takeover brings a much-needed level of thrill to Super Nintendo World.​

Evilgidgit

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE PUZZLE TEMPLE
robert-raeder-the-great-deku-tree.jpg
Within the heart of the Kokiri Forest in Hyrule lies a forgotten temple, where potential heroes can able to harness the three pieces of the Triforce by undergoing three different challenges. The Puzzle Temple is an interactive, escape room-esque attraction where guests can choose between three challenges (or do all of them) where they must find clues and solve varying puzzles, based on the traits of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, in an experience that can be done in a co-operative or independent many of play. Attached to the temple is the Rupee Dungeon, a Zelda-themed gift shop, based within one of the infamous dungeons.

Solaris Knight

MARIO'S AIRSHIP TOURS

1618086184436.png

Serving as a sky-themed companion to Bowser's Challenge, this motion simulator attraction has guests tour the Mario universe guided by Captain Mario and First Mate Cappy, from Sarasaland to Lake Lapcat, no two tours have the same destinations. Of course, Bowser and his air fleet plan to keep Mario grounded, permanently, leading to attacks by lesser-known villains like Tatanga the alien and Cackletta the witch! Guests exit into the CRAZY CAP store from Odyssey, selling apparel, hats, and toys based on the Odyssey airship, as well as collectibles based on locations in the Mario world.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom