One Sentence Competition Season 6, Episode 3 - California Adventure

Suchomimus

Wario and Waluigi's Gold Rush
d244kee-d8eb5620-6561-4b21-8c90-df596aefe7f4.gif
Wario's Gold Mine has tapped its biggest gold vein yet and Wario has enlisted the help of his lanky brother to help oversee the extraction of gold, which is done with the help of suckers guests. Guests board a train of 4 minecarts bound the mine's depths, where the gold deposit is, along with its guardian Gold Draggadon. This indoor coaster incorporates swinging coaster cars that can separate in half, jump tracks like the upcoming DK attraction, and reconnect at the ride's climax.
My submission has been updated now, with the artwork seen in coming from here: https://www.deviantart.com/eccentric-servbot/art/Wario-s-Super-Crazy-Mine-Cart-127863878

D Hulk

1Npn.gif

SUPER SMASH BROS SUPER SHOW!

See a stunt show spectacular sans superior, where all of your favorite Nintendo characters appear live (in state-of-the-art “suitmation” stunt costumes) to duel for video game supremacy upon a kinetic, vertically-oriented battle arena stage. Using top-of-the-line effects like preprogrammed character voices, hidden wires, projection effects to simulate Bob-Ombs and other power ups, plus performers culled from Hollywood’s vibrant stuntman community, Super Smash Bros Super Show is sure to smash expectations. Best of all, it’s never the same show twice, since randomized victories and guest-determined matchups (done prior to every showtime with Player Select voting kiosks) make this the most interactive & engaging live show in Universal Studios history!​

ThemeParkPriest

Kirby’s Dreamland Spinner

The world’s most beloved cream puff Kirby gets his own spinner ride in this expansion to Super Nintendo World. One or two guests board their own Kirby and control the up-and-down to avoid getting hit by the apples that nemesis Whispy Woods is throwing at them (shown through red LED lights on the spinner arm) while the “boss music” is playing. Guests can spew their own apples (via a button) at Whispy Woods’ face at different moments during the ride with the hope of racking up the most points (the results are displayed while the “victory music” plays).

1618181574212.png

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member

The world’s most beloved cream puff Kirby gets his own spinner ride in this expansion to Super Nintendo World. One or two guests board their own Kirby and control the up-and-down to avoid getting hit by the apples that nemesis Whispy Woods is throwing at them (shown through red LED lights on the spinner arm) while the “boss music” is playing. Guests can spew their own apples (via a button) at Whispy Woods’ face at different moments during the ride with the hope of racking up the most points (the results are displayed while the “victory music” plays).

View attachment 547624
I appreciate the love for Kirby!!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Review Time!
I totally toned this down to better fit the “family friendly” environment of SNW. And also took MASSIVE creative liberties as far as what events happen when, but whatevs it’s a theme park ride.

METROID: ESCAPE FROM ZEBUS

View attachment 547058

Guests join the greatest hero in the galaxy, Samus Aran, for a thrilling mission into the ruins of planet Zebus to save The Last Metroid.

Taking inspiration from games like Zero Mission, Samus Returns, and Metroid Fusion, this fast paced dark ride will transport guests into iconic locations based on on the caverns of Brinstar, superheated tunnels of Norfair, the dangerous Space Pirate Mother Ship, and right into the heart of a Metroid nest, all the time avoiding an assortment of deadly enemies and traps!

Finally on the brink of escape, guests are confronted by Samus’s nemesis Ridley, but hope is not lost, as help comes in the form of a new ally; the hatchling we came to rescue!
This is always a passion project for you and it shows! I'd really like to see something like this come to life (mainly so you can go ride it lol)
WarioWare FunHou$e

3DS_WarioWareGold_illustration_01.jpg

Wario's getting in on that sweet theme park cash with a madcap funhouse built by him and his motley crew, so step inside and come face to face with their insane creations like Jimmy T.'s trick-filled disco floor and Ashley's disorienting ghost house!​
This is a neat idea mixing the funhouse with these assortment of characters. The disorienting ghost house is something that would intrigue me!
LUIGI’S GHOST HUNT
View attachment 547086
Join Luigi as he fends off against ghosts in “his” mansion in this shooter dark ride that has guests board Poltergust inspired ride vehicles which have 4 vacuums attached to each of them that suck up ghosts.
This would fit perfectly as a *spooky* option in Super Nintendo World.
LUIGI’S SPOOKTACULAR ADVENTURE

View attachment 547087

You’ve been invited to a very exclusive party at the mansion of the most acclaimed director that no one has ever heard about, Notaghost McBoo, where he’ll be celebrating the premiere of his upcoming movie: The Luigi Trap.

Join Luigi in an adventure like no other as you help him escape out of King Boo’s newest machination: a movie that sucks you in, where you’ll travel through different scenes in order to find The Moonlight Key that unlocks a way out, however the ghosts that star in the film will give you a hard time, you must hurry or you might not make the final cut of the movie; with the help of projection mapping and other revolutionary technology, elements of the set will appear and disappear at any given moment (some might even come to life), and at times, it might even feel like the room is moving or spinning.

Luigi’s Spooktacular Adventure will be taking over Transformers: The Ride 3D and Stage 31, this revolutionary thrilling family friendly attraction will use a trackless LPS ride system.​
Oh and here's a project that elaborates on why it's a good concept! I like how you added the details of the upcoming movie and where the attraction will be - it's definitely a fun idea for the whole family.

FORTRESS ESCAPE
View attachment 547093
Replacing the food court that has a Panda Express, Fortress Escape has guests "kidnapped" by Bowser inside a fortress owned by the underling Boom-Boom, thankfully Mario comes to our aid and lends us a giant Propeller Block to escape! Guests board inside the block, for a drop tower adventure of a life time that involves avoiding the rising lava, being crushed by giant stone blocks, and a boss fight against Boom-Boom who requires three ground pounds until he's down!

The USH version of this attraction will be completely indoors with no points to look outdoors and scream, due to the possibility of disrupting active filming.
Not the Panda Express! Okay, fair enough, this is probably a much better utilization of the space. I also really appreciate the last detail about active filming!

Wario and Waluigi's Gold Rush
d244kee-d8eb5620-6561-4b21-8c90-df596aefe7f4.gif
Wario's Gold Mine has tapped its biggest gold vein yet and Wario has enlisted the help of his lanky brother to help oversee the extraction of gold, which is done with the help of suckers guests. Guests board a train of 4 minecarts bound the mine's depths to where the gold deposit is, along with its guardian Gold Draggadon! This indoor coaster incorporates swaying coaster cars that not only have special lights that sparkle like gold when it reaches the gold loading scene, but also separates in half down different tracks for either Wario or Waluigi, jump over obstacles like the upcoming DK attraction, and reconnect at the ride's climax.
The visual is such a unique visual - I think it really adds to your proposal. Not only that, a minetrain would be something unique to USH and one I would really love to ride!

Pokemon Photo Safari
View attachment 547151
Based on the ever-popular Pokemon franchise, this new dark ride sends guests on a "photo safari" to snap pictures of all eight-hundred-and-ninety-eight different Pokemon (or at least the majority of them). Filled with sight gags, special effects, and lifelike animatronics, this should be very popular with guests of all ages.
This would be pretty fun and educational for folks who might not know Pokemon as well as others! A very creative concept!

Pokemon: Moon Stone Adventure

View attachment 547155
There's a place, Pokemon Oasis, where Pokemon of every kind can live in the wild without worrying about being caught with a pokeball. A place you'll want to visit in a special jeep, but Team Rocket is on its way to steal the biggest (and most valuable) Moon Stone ever found - which is hidden in the Oasis - along with some rare (and, again, valuable) creatures.
Of course the Pokemon will engage fight with the baddies and you'll be right there seeking for a shelter with the help of Pikachu( or another starter Pokemon), in a dark ride adventure filled with practical effects and screens which will take you to the different environments of the Oasis
This would be an interesting take on a dark ride - it's got the typical screens in a universal ride while the story is something more unique and delves into a section of Pokemon not typically seen in theme park proposals - nice job!

View attachment 547190
SPLATOON: INKOPOLIS TAKEOVER
In this exciting attraction, guests board Inkopolis city tour buses and soon find themselves in the middle of an intense turf war battle as inklings and octolings fight on all sides.

The bus-like simulator ride pods allow guests to experience immersive, surrounding visuals seen from every window and exhilarating, synced motion base movement as their unassuming tour of Inkopolis quickly goes awry.

Splatoon: Inkopolis Takeover brings a much-needed level of thrill to Super Nintendo World.​
This would be a very colorful attraction for sure - so would this be like Despicable Me? Because you mention thrill but when you say simulator I'm not sure if it's Star Tours or something like a 4D show.

THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: THE PUZZLE TEMPLE
robert-raeder-the-great-deku-tree.jpg
Within the heart of the Kokiri Forest in Hyrule lies a forgotten temple, where potential heroes can able to harness the three pieces of the Triforce by undergoing three different challenges. The Puzzle Temple is an interactive, escape room-esque attraction where guests can choose between three challenges (or do all of them) where they must find clues and solve varying puzzles, based on the traits of Courage, Wisdom, and Power, in an experience that can be done in a co-operative or independent many of play. Attached to the temple is the Rupee Dungeon, a Zelda-themed gift shop, based within one of the infamous dungeons.
This would be a visual marvel! Very different for a Universal Park but also something fresh from the Nintendo World we have.

MARIO'S AIRSHIP TOURS

View attachment 547225

Serving as a sky-themed companion to Bowser's Challenge, this motion simulator attraction has guests tour the Mario universe guided by Captain Mario and First Mate Cappy, from Sarasaland to Lake Lapcat, no two tours have the same destinations. Of course, Bowser and his air fleet plan to keep Mario grounded, permanently, leading to attacks by lesser-known villains like Tatanga the alien and Cackletta the witch! Guests exit into the CRAZY CAP store from Odyssey, selling apparel, hats, and toys based on the Odyssey airship, as well as collectibles based on locations in the Mario world.
This is something that is very outside the box! It would be an attraction outside the scope of a typical Mario one and it shows how well you know the Super Mario world!
Inkopolis Splatters

A shooting dark ride with 2 teams riding round the city.
Welp - you certainly understand the concept of *one sentence!* Like MickeyWaffle this is a neat concept and would be very colorful.
1Npn.gif

SUPER SMASH BROS SUPER SHOW!

See a stunt show spectacular sans superior, where all of your favorite Nintendo characters appear live (in state-of-the-art “suitmation” stunt costumes) to duel for video game supremacy upon a kinetic, vertically-oriented battle arena stage. Using top-of-the-line effects like preprogrammed character voices, hidden wires, projection effects to simulate Bob-Ombs and other power ups, plus performers culled from Hollywood’s vibrant stuntman community, Super Smash Bros Super Show is sure to smash expectations. Best of all, it’s never the same show twice, since randomized victories and guest-determined matchups (done prior to every showtime with Player Select voting kiosks) make this the most interactive & engaging live show in Universal Studios history!​
Props for adding all the colors to the title! This would be a very engaging live show! It sounds very technical but I'm sure it would come out great in the end.
Pokemon Battle Academy​
iu

This live show will utilize AR technology and practical effects to bring Pokemon to life, watch as an up and coming trainer takes on gym leaders, team rocket, and even the champion during a challenge at the titular battle academy.
Another live show! Wow the AR would be neat, I wonder how that would work - but suffice to say it's an interesting concept to explore.

View attachment 547624
This would be a very fun family attraction for all ages. While something simple I think it would offer a flat that would allow for re-rideability with the points.

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
This would be a very colorful attraction for sure - so would this be like Despicable Me? Because you mention thrill but when you say simulator I'm not sure if it's Star Tours or something like a 4D show.
Sorry if I didn’t make it clear - it would be more like a Star Tours, but with bus simulator pods. So instead of feeling like you’re in a spaceship, you feel like you’re in a bus that’s going wayyyy too fast.

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
Results!
Thank you all so much - I'm glad you're enjoying these prompts. With this game I try to play to the audience so hopefully you enjoyed working with Nintendo. Here are the results...

Ps5WGu1.png

@Tegan pilots a chicken
For your unbridled enthusiasm towards Metroid

L30Y5yp.png

@DisneyFan18 and @Honey Bee
Both proposing Luigi! And both concepts I think would work well complimenting Super Nintendo World.

zihTg3C.png

@Sharon&Susan and @DashHaber
Both projects to me felt out of the box in regards to the norm of Nintendo projects, and yet felt like they would fit right at home in the park - nice work!

DrRz15D.png

@Suchomimus and @Ludpat Mike

Both of these attractions were described so well and brought out such nuance to the style of Nintendo attractions. Great job both of you!

spacemt354

Chili's
Original Poster
CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #5: KNOTT'S BERRY FARM
knotts-berry-farm.jpg

Welcome to Knott's Berry Farm! Known for its charm and humble beginnings, Knott's features many attractions on par, if not superior to premiere theme parks such as Disney and Universal. Now is your chance to add to that reputation.

-Challenge-
Design a new original dark ride for the park

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 13th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!

Orange Cat

CALIFORNIA ROAD TRIP

STOP #5: KNOTT'S BERRY FARM
knotts-berry-farm.jpg

Welcome to Knott's Berry Farm! Known for its charm and humble beginnings, Knott's features many attractions on par, if not superior to premiere theme parks such as Disney and Universal. Now is your chance to add to that reputation.

-Challenge-
Design a new original dark ride for the park

-Rules-

You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Tuesday, April 13th at 9:00 PM EST. Look for feedback and results no later than 10:00 PM EST that night, along with the next prompt.

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, please feel free to ask! Enjoy!
YAY! I love Knott’s!

MickeyWaffleCo.

In the Parks
No
B2E6F800-4A15-4E29-915F-575915CB6AA9.jpeg

SNOOPY AND THE RED BARON
Coming soon to Camp Snoopy, this immersive dark ride combines screens, animatronics, projections, tons of set pieces, and a heavy dose of artificial wind to give the illusion of chaos, speed, and ultimately thrill.

As explained by the immersive queue, the premise of the attraction is Snoopy’s telling the gang a campfire story of his marvelous defeat of the Red Baron - and you get the relive the story along with him!

Suspended ride vehicles inspired by Snoopy’s iconic red doghouse take guest on this journey from the airfield to the Red Baron’s headquarters as en route Snoopy and the Baron are in a dogfight around them - with lots of visual gags along the way.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom