One Sentence Competition - Season 4 Episode 1

Which Park Idea Would You Like to See in the Next Club 32?

• Total voters

D Hulk

Original Poster
Coming soon to Walt Disney Studios Paris:

New Year's Eve in Tinsel Town
View attachment 252282

Welcome Back to the Golden Age of Hollywood, where the Hlitz and Glamour are everywhere, as New Year's excitement fills the air. Prepare to celebrate the coming of New Years 80 Years ago as you anxiously await the arrival of 1938, as bars dole out 4 glasses of complimentary champagne per paying guest (since this is a hard ticket event). The star of the show is the Hollywood Tower Hotel, seen in its full, inhabited glory Asa dance party takes place in the cobweb-free lobby, and guests Recieve two ways to experience new year's fun: By taking a scenic your up and down through a mild elevator ride to view over Disneyland Resort Paris or a wild "ball drop" experience that the bell good have specially programmed the experience for.
Kudos for going with WDSP, whose Hollywood theme actually suits New Year’s quite well. I adore the 1938 setting, and how you’ve tied the entire event around Tower of Terror’s backstory. The ride layover / ball drop is brilliant. It’s one of those “Why doesn’t Disney already do this?!” sort of ideas. Better still, you’ve single-handedly made WDSP sound appealing, with a tone which ought to be applied to the park on a day-to-day basis! Great proposal!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
super star new years
hollywood-pictures-backlot_primary10.jpg

this new fireworks spectacular will be at hollywoodland at dca, with many famous bands and cover bands making covers of classic hollywood tunes, this new years will make you feel like a celebrity from the golden age of hollywood
Another Hollywood-centric bash, this time for DCA. Famous live bands would definitely make this a must-do event. I’m not sure how fireworks would work, though. There’s no existing fireworks area in DCA (Disneyland’s fireworks are too far away), and the city of Anaheim is extremely particular about such things. A one-night-only revamp to World of Color could work instead, and would be really easy to implement.​

D Hulk

Original Poster
shc59758641.jpg

Chinese New Year at Shanghai Disneyland

On February 18, Shanghai Disneyland will receive a brand new Chinese New Year parade celebrating the culture and festivities of the people of China. It will feature all the Disney characters along with merchandise for the event. The nighttime event will culminate with an illuminate the world fireworks spectacular!
I don’t think anyone (but you) was thinking about Chinese New Year! Awesome! This is such a pitch-perfect idea for Shanghai Disneyland, I’d be surprised if they don’t already have it. Whether or not they do, credit to you for doing Shanghai proud. You’ve even successfully (if maybe accidentally) picked the hidden holiday in this Episode’s logo. For you see, Donald’s “red bow” in the “2018” is actually a red Chinese dog honoring the upcoming Year of the Dog:
39369303862_5d76f6c2a6_o_d.jpg

Congratulations to everyone who submitted a proposal! So far, this has all been mere practice, so I won’t be handing out ranks or points just yet. The real fun and games begin tonight at midnight, with Challenge 1. Seeya then!​

D Hulk

Original Poster
CHALLENGE 1
JANUARY

HAPPY NEW YEAR! And welcome to One Sentence Competition! Today the Disney Year begins, as we prepare to visit 12 Disney parks over 12 metaphorical months. The future is wide open! Anything is possible, because today is –

NEW YEAR’S DAY
39217182562_a18a3abfbf_o_d.jpg

New Year is associated with an optimistic, forward-thinking future for Man, and also a great big ball. So is Epcot. So what are Epcot’s New Year’s Resolutions? Well, its future looks strong, with upcoming attractions based on Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy. What Epcot needs is another festival to tide over fans until then.

-Challenge-
Create another seasonal festival for Epcot. It can go anywhere in the calendar year, even replacing an existing festival. Make it something that will revitalize and sustain Epcot before its upcoming makeover.

-Bonus-
With one additional sentence, let’s bring guests to your new-and-improved Epcot with an all-new transportation system for Walt Disney World. Doing so will net you an automatic extra point!

-Rules-
You may use between 1 and 3 sentences and up to 1 image. The deadline is Sunday, January 7th, at midnight EST. (Although if a ton of proposals come in sooner, I might accelerate things a bit ;).)

-Tips-
K.I.S.S. – Keep it simple, silly. Try not to complicate or overthink things too much. It’s a simple, casual competition – there are no eliminations. Propose as you please!

-Judging Criteria-
Is it creative?
Is it (generally) realistic?
Does it fit thematically/visually?

Good luck everyone! If you have questions, don’t be afraid to ask. Now go create!​

AceAstro

Disney’s Fireworks around the World Festival

x5pvO23LwxWsG9AMBHTpE5hNNcDk7ZSNlm2EN5kMKiSBq9P9j-8lv4wC2U63KoAu6V1JkLCjbmlO9f1crZ3nYgKzu9eMOXTl_53rGzKOxomUWsTiQwQEzH58y9XkJRGXW9K1Djsd

Disney’s Fireworks around the World Festival will be a celebration of all 11 Countries in the World Showcase running the last 2 weeks of January. Every night during the festival, a different country will be represented in the firework show as well as their country represented in little booths along the World Showcase where guests can get traditional food, drinks, etc. The schedule for the countries order is clockwise starting at Mexico so that guests can plan ahead to know which Country will be which day.

BONUS: Making a special deal with the Orlando International Airport, guests can drop their bags off at specially marked locations where their bags will be taken straight to the hotel while guests will get on a replica Bullet Train that drops them off at a train station in the Japan Pavilion in Epcot cutting the travel time from the airport to park down to less than 10 minutes.

KBLovedDisney

Guess I will give this competition a try! Sounds fun. Alright so here is what I got.

Disney's Future Forward Fall Festival

Based on the yesteryear of Epcot, Disney will now host a fall festival fully dedicated to the Epcot of the past from August 1st - September 30th. People will get to wear their retro gear and meet characters along with their own classic Epcot attire.

794c9a71c0d671d4fb9d786ed7d9b3d0.jpg

Come dressed in your yesteryear best!

TwilightZone

Summer of Innoventions
innoventions-east-gallery00.jpg

taking place June 21st - September 22nd, Innoventions will host new product displays by various companies and competitions held to showcase robot battles and many indie inventions/products. Alongside this, club cool will get a makeover, retheming it into a science lab and the famous sum of all thrills will return!

Last edited:

DisneyForever

Disney's Horizons Festival

03212012Epcot30AnniversaryMerch4-590x592.jpg

From February to April, gusts will be able to visit the original vision of EPCOT, at EPCOT! This festival will utilize the old Wonders of Live pavilion, and turn it into a pavilion that showcases the major elements that make up EPCOT (ocean, land, imagination, transportation, energy, technology, and communication), as well as adding a new parade (Mickey's New Horizons Parade). Club Cool will also get into the temporary action, turning into Horizon Hangout, and serving special soda drinks based around the major EPCOT elements, like transportation with Speedy Soda.

Bonus: Guests will also be able to reach EPCOT by the new Sonic Subway, a subway transportation themed around the Incredibles (1 and 2), that will arrive just behind MISSION: Space.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
-Festival of Fright-
globe%252C+chalkboard%252C+Halloween%252C+scary%252C.jpg

Epcot's World Showcase celebrates the things all humanity have in common and focuses on the hope we all share, but every night after 7pm for the month of October the Festival of Fright will focus on something different all of us have in common around the world: fear.

Special features include Haunted houses inspired by scary stories around the world are set up in the circle vision theater in China, the theater in France and the Kawaii museum in Japan; a special show in the America pavilion theater; storytellers sharing scary myths and urban legend from around the world; and specialty food and beverages (because of course Epcot would have specialty food and beverages).

Due to the more mature nature of this event and the legitimately scary nature of many of the elements, kids are recommended to stay out of World Showcase after dark (a special illuminations will be held just after sunset so the event won't interfere) and the Frozen ride will close at 6:30

-Bonus-

A new year round method of entering Epcot in a grand fashion, guest can purchase tickets on a hot air balloon ride from the boardwalk to the entrance to world showcase in the heart of Epcot in an unforgettable experience!​

kmbmw777

The EPCOT Film Festival
movie-theater.jpg

The Wonders of Life pavilion becomes a theater hall and showcases 75 short films, in which 25 are made by the Walt Disney Company and it’s subsidiaries and the rest are made by you— the fans.

Watch all of the short films (~15 min) that showcase great themes and real problems in the world all day (they add up to be about 18 3/4 hours) of come and go as you please!

EPCOT’s Future World is decorated with Golden Age Hollywood artifacts, and innoventions will open a new exhibit on the filmmaking process.

BONUS: Guests can now board a small plane before sunrise at the Boardwalk and skydive into the park.

pixie_princess

Hi everyone! I'm pixie_princess or you can just call me Pix. I just signed up and this is my first time doing anything like this. Looking forward to all the fun here!

Festival of Fashion

For the entire month of February, the world showcase will turn its focus to the differences in fashion around the world. Each pavilion, as well as pop-up booths throughout the showcase, will highlight important cultural garments from each country, as well as having little dress up areas in the kidcot stations to capture audiences of all ages. In addition, every weekend of the festival the American Pavilion theater with host an around the world fashion show as day turns to dusk.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Hi everyone! I'm pixie_princess or you can just call me Pix. I just signed up and this is my first time doing anything like this. Looking forward to all the fun here!

Festival of Fashion

For the entire month of February, the world showcase will turn its focus to the differences in fashion around the world. Each pavilion, as well as pop-up booths throughout the showcase, will highlight important cultural garments from each country, as well as having little dress up areas in the kidcot stations to capture audiences of all ages. In addition, every weekend of the festival the American Pavilion theater with host an around the world fashion show as day turns to dusk.
Welcome to the board! Great first post!

AceAstro

Festival of Fashion

Welcome! Way to start of your Imagineering Forum career with a bang!

Suchomimus

Festival of Fashion

If I had a hat on, it’d be off to you. Welcome aboard!

spacemt354

Chili's

Festival of Fashion

I'll join in the welcome parade:p

Welcome, Pix! Fantastic first post!

D Hulk

Original Poster

Festival of Fashion

Totally, welcome! :):joyfull: Great start too.

Here's the New Imagineer Introduction Thread. A great place to introduce yourself further for everyone on this fun board! :D

spacemt354

Chili's

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom