Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

eliza61nyc

I'm a fiscally responsible, hard working person and I'm priced out. I'm sure the price will make many in my income level think very hard over whether its within their vacation budget range. I'm one who doesnt normally let prices stop me from doing what I want. I'll work harder, make more money, make sacrifices and budget until I reach my goal. I very rarely balk on getting what I want. When they released the prices I gulped hard and immediately rethought how much I wanted this and the worth of what I'd get for the money.
Pretty much that's how it should be. I never really get why folks here make these blanket statements about how people spend their cash or their intelligence based on what they purchase. I can't tell you how many times I've been called stupid for staying in a deluxe?? yes Im fully aware that if I stay offsite it's cheaper but I don't vacation by price alone.
I'm not a star wars fan so I've got no horse in this race but neither am I going to call some one financially irresponsible for doing so. first of all I've dropped ridiculous amounts of money on louie vuitton pocketbooks and don't get me started with Hamilton tickets, so that would make me a tremendous hypocrite
Next I would do it again, I love that play and can't wait for it to return to broadway, personally I wish disney great luck. after the last 16 months, if someone wants to drop 4K on some alternate reality and can afford it, why the hell not?

dovetail65

I wonder how it could be any cheaper . Things like this could be cheesy really fast. There is a fine line from it being like me larping out in the woods verse an immersive experience that seems real where I can truly lose myself and will give me a lifetime of memories. What would it look like if it was 2 grand instead of 4 grand? Not very good I am sure.

ohioguy

Hard pass. Looks like I'll have to save my money for something more important -- like being able to eat for the next few years. LOL

The price is ridiculous!

MurphyJoe

I'm tentatively interested, but not at the current price point. For the money, I'd rather upgrade a trip, take another vacation, or spend an extra week or two traveling about. If it really is all that, I'd consider biting around $800/pp/night for two. Maybe.

Tony the Tigger

Huge SW fan. The original trilogy is *everything.* If I had enough Chase Disney Visa points to do this…well, I do. It would be completely free - and I don’t see the value for a day and a half in “generic space.” Take me to Dagobah and Hoth for a few days, and we’ll talk.

Unless it’s a lot better than it sounds so far, I’d rather eat at V&A’s five times or - what I’m actually going to do with those points - take a cruise next year.

Minnesota disney fan

I still wonder what those, for example, Mom's who are not into it at all but go anyway with the husband and sons? I guess they would just watch the action but stick out because they wear regular clothes and don't participate in role playing? I was just wondering if disney has anything for those type people who go for the family to watch them but aren't interested in it at all? It would be alot of money for someone like that to pay. I say this because I would be one of those but would want to see what the kids were doing, but would probably be uninterested in it all for the most part.

vikescaper

I said this before but for that price, I want one of those lightsabers they developed for the hotel. I also would want unlimited access to ROTR. I know both aren’t happening so it is an easy pass for me.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Hard pass. Looks like I'll have to save my money for something more important -- like being able to eat for the next few years. LOL

The price is ridiculous!
The price is what Disney believes people will pay for their product just like the owner of the corner gas station charges for a gallon of gas….what he thinks the customer will pay.

ryguy

One could/should anticipate some sort of discount on this rack rate. Maybe not the first few months but as soon as interest fades you will see a price reduction. This is pretty much a one and done, I can't imagine anyone doing this more than once.

However, if Triumph the insult comic dog shows up I might pony up the money. 🤣

Last edited:

Wendy Pleakley

As a family who also has lived very frugally for our entire lives, we have a healthy amount of savings. Our household income is below the median for our state for a couple of 50 year olds - we are far from rich. BUT, we always pay off credit and we live well within our means. I'm still using a desktop computer that is 17 years old - it works, why bother replacing it. I buy a new cell phone when the old one dies, not when a new one comes out. We eat out maybe once a week and at a local, relatively cheap place. We deal with being a little uncomfortable at times to save on heating/cooling. When we go to Disney, we drive to and from in our cars that both have over 100,000 miles on them but still drive just fine. I would not consider 'blowing' $5,000 on anything, but I would consider a once in a lifetime luxury experience for a weekend at $5,000.

Good points here. How many people buy the latest $1000 cell phone every year or every two years? This isn't *that* much money in the grand scheme of things.

If I didn't buy a new TV, tablet, and computer in the last year and a bit (thanks to COVID I had travel budget to reallocate) I could swing the price of this.

However, it's a lot of money for such a short experience. Do I want to give up things that give me some long term pleasure for a short experience? This feels like something for people who aren't on any sort of budget.

Disorbust

Plugging in 2 random days at Four Season in September and its 1100/night for a lake view. If you consider it includes dining and entrance into DHS and the whole the experience it doesn't seem that rediculous of a price.

That is if you can justify 1100/night for a room in the first place and since the Four Season sells out there are many who can.

IMHO this is an introductory price and will just go up and up with demand.

Hitchens

Many who could afford it have stated (in and after many Youtube videos about the prices), that even if they stuck with a Disney vacation, for the Star Wars hotel rates, they'd rather take a week-long Disney Cruise or a 3-night Disney Cruise at the concierge level.

I too would rather see scenery of Alaska or Norway from my cruise cabin than Disney's attempt to replicate a window that looks out into space. That sounds claustrophobic to me. There are cruises that have space themes (about actual space), with astronomer guest speakers, telescopes on the top deck, and two cruise ships even have actual planetariums.

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I've been intrigued but the short itinerary and high cost are dampening interest. For a family of four we'd have been okay around $4500 for 3 nights but some Disney exec said "let's take that and increase the price by 33%, decrease the time by 33% annnnd let's make that the price for low season."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom