Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

GimpYancIent

I am looking forward to the next SW related movie being directed by Patti Jenkins. If the end product is half of the hype it will boost the franchise and impact attractions.

Hawkeye_2018

Just a reminder too that a lot (or at least the most loud) people thought SWGE would be a huge flop when it opened half completed with smaller crowds. Those people look pretty foolish looking back.

Kirby86

I can't justify paying the prices they want for the Stat Wars hotel so it's a pass. Also even though Solos box office disappointing for the studio I liked it quite a bit. I still have the Solo dice from the Imax fan event.

EdnaMode

We can afford it, but we are not going to do it. We are the original SW fans, we don't like this new Disney stuff. We also don't want to do indoor camp activities in Disney World; we'd rather be in the parks. (No way is role playing and lightsaber training more fun than Splash Mountain or Terror Tower.) We are also big on the pool and waterslide and outdoor landscaping and white sandy beaches and lakes and fresh air.

However, we'd be happy to pay $100 or more for our family to be in the hotel for an hour. Just walk around and look at everything, the lobby, dining area, a sample room with that space window, and perhaps be allowed to buy food and eat a quick lunch.

We are interested in the hotel, but only for about an hour, like a museum.

Now, If somebody MAKES me stay there for the full 2 nights, I would do this: after the first hour of looking around, I'd sneak out of there with the kids and head straight for MK. I'd come back to eat early dinner(it's paid for), then walk to DHS. (This thing is super close to it!) Then walk back at night. The next morning, I will accept the trip to ride RotR, but when that's done I will escape and have fun somewhere in Epcot or AK till dinner. Come back to eat dinner, then go back to Epcot by boat and stay till park closes. Come back and pack (have to get up really early next morning), next morning kick the kids out of bed early, eat and leave.
I’m turned off by that much structure on vacation and by the role-play interaction so I was never gonna be the target audience here….but this sounds like a plan! Except I probably would openly RUN out of there instead of sneaking out.😬

Dayma

We will be trying to go the first chance we get. More worried that it will be impossible to get a room in 2022 more than anything.

GimpYancIent

We will be trying to go the first chance we get. More worried that it will be impossible to get a room in 2022 more than anything.
May the force be with you. It comes down to How Much Do You REALLY Want it? Once the kinks are worked out I am sure rooms (cabins) will be available.

HouCuseChickie

Mind you, I have Star Wars mega-enthusiast friends who would be willing to pay for this and are already putting funds aside in anticipation of booking a trip, but not us. I am curious to see what some of the itinerary features are really like in person, but it sounds a bit cheesy for my tastes and the parts that sound the most appealing are things I can already do in HS with the price of admission. The price sounds steep for what I'm seeing, but while I like Star Wars stuff, I'm clearly not their target audience for this one.

LovePop

I think the best way to handle the SW hotel is to book two weeks or more after opening and wait till some reviews come out to see how much people love it. If everybody just raves about it like it's the best thing ever (it better be), then keep the booking. If everybody says it's a total bore and even 2 days are too long, then cancel the booking, get a full refund and no harm done. Assuming one can drive there or get refundable plane tickets.

For me, I like the hotel rooms with space windows, the restaurant with space windows, but I after I've spent a reasonable time admiring all that, I don't want to be stuck in there doing camp activity or role playing. You can do that anywhere with a bunch of SW friends. I want to go to MK.

barrymoss

No thanks. For that price, I can go here.
View attachment 577939
If that's what you value, then of course you should pick that option.

As for myself, I'm not sure if I'll ever do the Star Cruiser (my wife isn't a big Star Wars fan although I am), but personally, you'd have to pay me to stay at your dream vacation resort because I don't swim, don't like lying in the sun and would find it dreadfully boring. Different people have different things they would value on their vacation. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom