Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
The most entertaining thing about the prices is seeing vloggers' reactions when they realize their fans expect them to go. Even the vloggers are spooked about the prices, y'all. 😂

Although to be honest, I'll probably be relying on them to see what's happening here and see if it's worth booking. Part of me is interested in the concept, but not at that price point.

I'm sure Disney will do a media invite that will include some of the vloggers with large followings.

bee

tenor.gif

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

We're huge Star Wars fans and were interested in the concept, but the price is ridiculous. On top of that, the highly-structured itinerary and need for guests to engage in "mandatory fun" like wearing costumes* and engaging in training sessions and lessons sounds humorless and burdensome. It's a resounding "nope" for us.

*Don't get me started on the fact that they're advertising costume options like Princess Leia's iconic white gown from A New Hope, when there's literally no reason in the Star Wars universe that someone on a star cruiser would wear such a thing 35 years later, during the period when Galaxy's Edge and its attractions are set. If they're hoping to attract the purists, that's not the way to do it. You'll just get a bunch of diehards standing around going, "Well, actually..." I know this, because in my younger years I dated all. of. them. ;)
1628222031822.png

ThemeParkJunkee

Guess I am in a huge minority here. This is something my husband and I (mostly him) would like to experience. We have a reservation for 9 nights, 10 days at CBR already. We are considering an earlier arrival to take this voyage. We are not by any means wealthy. We are frugal. We simply have paid off all debt and owe nobody. If we see the value, please do not judge the enjoyment I feel when we both enjoy an experience so much. Think about it...My husband built a light saber as a surprise on our last trip in 2019. He did not know I reserved this experience. His joy on that occasion and since as he demonstrates his new toy, is so worth it.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Guess I am in a huge minority here. This is something my husband and I (mostly him) would like to experience. We have a reservation for 9 nights, 10 days at CBR already. We are considering an earlier arrival to take this voyage. We are not by any means wealthy. We are frugal. We simply have paid off all debt and owe nobody. If we see the value, please do not judge the enjoyment I feel when we both enjoy an experience so much. Think about it...My husband built a light saber as a surprise on our last trip in 2019. He did not know I reserved this experience. His joy on that occasion and since as he demonstrates his new toy, is so worth it.
If you have a spare 5 grand to blow on this, you're rich

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So, it's an average of $1000 per night, per person (based on the demo pricing that was published). There are many luxury hotels around the country and the world that are at this same price point that either have extremely lush amenities or exceptional location (heck, there's a luxury suite in Vegas that's almost $100,000 per night). There are also many cruises that are priced well over $1000 per night, per person. In the Galactic Starcruiser's case (IF you can suspend your disbelief for a little under 48 hours) the location is outer space and the amenities are a full itinerary of Star Wars entertainment. Is it a luxury, certainly. And not one to be planned lightly by any of us who are not named Bezos, Branson, etc.

As a couple who are both very big Star Wars fans and who are both public school teachers and in one of the lowest paid districts in our state (and below the national average as well), it IS something we would consider for a luxury, once in a lifetime trip at some point. Just the same as we have discussed taking a luxury cruise at some point or staying in a glamorous hotel somewhere one day. Obviously, we are hoping for some kind of discount for DVC (which we bought into nearly 20 years ago) or finding lower pricing during certain times of year. Don't think we've ever spent $5000 on a weekend before and doubt we ever would, but that doesn't mean we won't consider it and consider saving for it.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member

If you have a spare 5 grand to blow on this, you're rich

As a family who also has lived very frugally for our entire lives, we have a healthy amount of savings. Our household income is below the median for our state for a couple of 50 year olds - we are far from rich. BUT, we always pay off credit and we live well within our means. I'm still using a desktop computer that is 17 years old - it works, why bother replacing it. I buy a new cell phone when the old one dies, not when a new one comes out. We eat out maybe once a week and at a local, relatively cheap place. We deal with being a little uncomfortable at times to save on heating/cooling. When we go to Disney, we drive to and from in our cars that both have over 100,000 miles on them but still drive just fine. I would not consider 'blowing' $5,000 on anything, but I would consider a once in a lifetime luxury experience for a weekend at $5,000.

Last edited:

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

As a family who also has lived very frugally for our entire lives, we have a healthy amount of savings. Our household income is below the median for our state for a couple of 50 year olds - we are far from rich. BUT, we always pay off credit and we live well within our means. I'm still using a desktop computer that is 17 years old - it works, why bother replacing it. I buy a new cell phone when the old one dies, not when a new one comes out. We eat out maybe once a week and at a local, relatively cheap place. We deal with being a little uncomfortable at times to save on heating/cooling. When we go to Disney, we drive to and from in our cars that both have over $100,000 miles on them but still drive just fine. I would not consider 'blowing' $5,000 on anything, but I would consider a once in a lifetime luxury experience for a weekend at $5,000.
Then you are the exception to the rule but just because you exist does not negate the point this hotel was meant only for the super wealthy.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
But for that price, would it be fair to say you expect..oh I dunno...at least a pool?

Not necessarily. The itinerary shows that there are pretty much constant activities. Why have a pool when the experience is built to not have down time where you might use a pool? The price point is for the overall experience, not just the hotel.

Then you are the exception to the rule but just because you exist does not negate the point this hotel was meant only for the super wealthy.

Certainly possible. I know a number of people (perhaps its because my circle is primarily public school teachers) who live similar lifestyles. I have a good friend who a couple years ago splurged on two nights in the Ahwahnee Lodge at Yosemite during the holidays. It was $1000 per night. He couldn't believe they were doing it, as it was way out of his normal price range, but it was a once in a lifetime splurge. No pool (well, it has a pool, but not in winter), no meals, no entertainment (although walking out of your room into Yosemite is freaking amazing), but he is far from super wealthy - just wanted the experience. I think there are more people like us than you realize.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom