Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

Tomi-Rocket

Original Poster
Now that info and prices have been released for Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser and the price is even higher than I anticipated, I wondered who all are planning on going asap? While I think it would be a cool experience, unfortunately we’d have to win the lottery to go, lol. (Oops, guess I should actually start playing the lottery, lol. 😬)

crawale

Now that info and prices have been released for Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser and the price is even higher than I anticipated, I wondered who all are planning on going asap? While I think it would be a cool experience, unfortunately we’d have to win the lottery to go, lol. (Oops, guess I should actually start playing the lottery, lol. 😬)
There is an assumption that a family numbers four or less. It would not work for our family - five. Price for what is a tiny room is ridiculous but no doubt it will be fully booked by the same adults that dress up for the midnight showing of a new Star Wars movie.

Weather_Lady

We're huge Star Wars fans and were interested in the concept, but the price is ridiculous. On top of that, the highly-structured itinerary and need for guests to engage in "mandatory fun" like wearing costumes* and engaging in training sessions and lessons sounds humorless and burdensome. It's a resounding "nope" for us.

*Don't get me started on the fact that they're advertising costume options like Princess Leia's iconic white gown from A New Hope, when there's literally no reason in the Star Wars universe that someone on a star cruiser would wear such a thing 35 years later, during the period when Galaxy's Edge and its attractions are set. If they're hoping to attract the purists, that's not the way to do it. You'll just get a bunch of diehards standing around going, "Well, actually..." I know this, because in my younger years I dated all. of. them. ;)

Last edited:

Disney4family

I'm looking for the people who do it for the guaranteed Rise boarding group.
I was wondering about the attractions - from how this messes up the Third Estate of Commoners waiting on line for Smugglers Run (unless they want to pay to become the Nobility of the Second Estate), to what happens when Rise is having a bad hair day and won't open.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
I was wondering about the attractions - from how this messes up the Third Estate of Commoners waiting on line for Smugglers Run (unless they want to pay to become the Nobility of the Second Estate), to what happens when Rise is having a bad hair day and won't open.
The Starcruiser is extremely low capacity. They will barely ding the Rise wait times in the slightest.

durangojim

Right now, leaning towards a nope, however if the reviews come in as an amazing experience for die hard Star Wars nerd, then probably, although in one of the larger rooms a year or two after it's opened. It'd be cool staying there right before or after Star Wars Celebration next time it's in Orlando.

waltography

The most entertaining thing about the prices is seeing vloggers' reactions when they realize their fans expect them to go. Even the vloggers are spooked about the prices, y'all. 😂

Although to be honest, I'll probably be relying on them to see what's happening here and see if it's worth booking. Part of me is interested in the concept, but not at that price point.

nickys

Premium Member
There is an assumption that a family numbers four or less. It would not work for our family - five. Price for what is a tiny room is ridiculous but no doubt it will be fully booked by the same adults that dress up for the midnight showing of a new Star Wars movie.
Standard cabins sleep five adults. 1 Queen, 2 adult size bunks and a pulldown adult size bed.

The example prices were just a selection.

nickys

Premium Member
We're huge Star Wars fans and were interested in the concept, but the price is ridiculous, and on top of that, the highly-structured itinerary and need for guests to engage in "mandatory fun" like wearing costumes* and engaging in training sessions and lessons sounds humorless and burdensome. It's a resounding "nope" for us.

*Don't get me started on the fact that they're offering costume options like Princess Leia's iconic white gown from A New Hope, when there's literally no reason in the Star Wars universe that someone would wear such a thing decades 35 years later during the period when Galaxy's Edge and its attractions are set. If they're hoping to attract the purists, that's not the way to do it. You'll just get a bunch of diehards standing around going, "Well, actually..." I know this, because in my younger years I dated all. of. them. ;)
Taking part is entirely optional.

Having said that, it sounds like what you want is a Star Wars resort. This isn’t, it’s a 2 night role playing experience, a mild form of LARPing. And incorporating some of the interactive stuff at Galaxy’s Edge that was cut from the regular guest experience.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
They just drive the shuttle bus over to Star Tours and hand guests a cupcake for their in flight snack.

aliceismad

I feel like I'm setting myself up for criticism here, but, on our last trip, we did the Star Wars dessert party. We all really enjoyed it. I sent my hubby the galactic starcruiser stuff and he says "so better than the dessert party for two days. Awesome."

Now he never went to Disney as a kid. He has no emotional connection to old Epcot, old MGM, or the old ways, etc. To him, this just sounds fun. (Granted the price is about the budget of a normal weeklong vacation, and it would have to be a big splurge to actually go.)

JIMINYCR

Who ??? Disney big wigs, Celebrities, millionaire politicians, foreign dignitaries, company CEO's and executives, Club 33 members, recent lottery winners, those who came into an inheritance windfall, those who can afford VIP tours, spoiled rich kids, those who arrive to their resorts in limos.... but sadly NOT MEEEEEE!!!😭😭😭

I can not find any way to justify the cost of this experience. As someone already stated, the money spent on this 2 night/3 day experience could easily buy you at least a weeks worth of enjoyment at Disney or Universal. There are only 3 star wars fans in my family of 5... how do I waste a huge amount of money on 3 of us and not the other ? That means I have to spend even more money to accommodate the 2 family members that are not doing the star wars hotel experience. Sounds like a massive headache and a giant bottomless pit for my money. No way.... can't do it.

Now if I win power ball with a huge jackpot then I"ll look in to this. ;)

JohnD

I can not find any way to justify the cost of this experience. As someone already stated, the money spent on this 2 night/3 day experience could easily buy you at least a weeks worth of enjoyment at Disney or Universal. There are only 3 star wars fans in my family of 5... how do I waste a huge amount of money on 3 of us and not the other ? That means I have to spend even more money to accommodate the 2 family members that are not doing the star wars hotel experience. Sounds like a massive headache and a giant bottomless pit for my money. No way.... can't do it.

Now if I win power ball with a huge jackpot then I"ll look in to this. ;)

I got in foreign travel for a little more than a week with that cost.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom