Okay, Who’s Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My husband and I don't have any plans to go in the near future. He is a huge Star Wars fan and I just like it, so overall he is more interesting in going to this experience than I am. The prices are high for sure but to some people it is worth it. People save for and buy extravagant things/experiences all the time, some of which I would never be interested in. Everyone has their own interests and if they have the money for it I'm not going to judge them for spending it, let alone spending it at a Star Wars resort. For us it would be a once in a lifetime thing, maybe for my husband's retirement. I think there are plenty of activities planned for people (keeping in mind they don't have to do them all) for people to find fun and value. I'll be interested in hearing reviews and seeing some pictures from people that stay there, and not really the media/vloggers that Disney will probably comp. I think once people start having actual experiences there it will be easier to decide its value.

G00fyDad

I'm a Star Wars freak and...
Dungeons And Dragons Reaction GIF by Hyper RPG

LovePop

Taking part is entirely optional.

Having said that, it sounds like what you want is a Star Wars resort. This isn’t, it’s a 2 night role playing experience, a mild form of LARPing. And incorporating some of the interactive stuff at Galaxy’s Edge that was cut from the regular guest experience.
Yes! I want a Star Wars resort! I believe that's what the majority of SW fans want and can afford, instead of this thing!

waltography

Taking part is entirely optional.

Having said that, it sounds like what you want is a Star Wars resort. This isn’t, it’s a 2 night role playing experience, a mild form of LARPing. And incorporating some of the interactive stuff at Galaxy’s Edge that was cut from the regular guest experience.
I wonder how easy it would be to convert the Starcruiser into a Deluxe hotel experience if/when? the LARPing aspect fails. It'd be fun to have a hyper-themed hotel but it seems purposefully built small so it'd be a boutique hotel with or without the story element.

LovePop

We can afford it, but we are not going to do it. We are the original SW fans, we don't like this new Disney stuff. We also don't want to do indoor camp activities in Disney World; we'd rather be in the parks. (No way is role playing and lightsaber training more fun than Splash Mountain or Terror Tower.) We are also big on the pool and waterslide and outdoor landscaping and white sandy beaches and lakes and fresh air.

However, we'd be happy to pay $100 or more for our family to be in the hotel for an hour. Just walk around and look at everything, the lobby, dining area, a sample room with that space window, and perhaps be allowed to buy food and eat a quick lunch.

We are interested in the hotel, but only for about an hour, like a museum.

Now, If somebody MAKES me stay there for the full 2 nights, I would do this: after the first hour of looking around, I'd sneak out of there with the kids and head straight for MK. I'd come back to eat early dinner(it's paid for), then walk to DHS. (This thing is super close to it!) Then walk back at night. The next morning, I will accept the trip to ride RotR, but when that's done I will escape and have fun somewhere in Epcot or AK till dinner. Come back to eat dinner, then go back to Epcot by boat and stay till park closes. Come back and pack (have to get up really early next morning), next morning kick the kids out of bed early, eat and leave.

G00fyDad

I wonder how easy it would be to convert the Starcruiser into a Deluxe hotel experience if/when? the LARPing aspect fails. It'd be fun to have a hyper-themed hotel but it seems purposefully built small so it'd be a boutique hotel with or without the story element.
They could always add on and make it look like the star cruiser is docked at an actual spaceport building. The building would be where your room is at but you would enter the lobby and "enter the space cruiser" for your hotel room.

skypilot2922

Basically $2500/night for the 2-person, 2-night package. There is nothing in Disney that is even remotely worth that kind of money.

If done right it could be, Just like the murder mystery weekends at stately houses, Think Agatha Christie / Hercule Poirot not Tim Curry and Clue. There was one up by me in a stately house and garden which is run by a architectural/historic preservation trust and that was almost two grand for a weekend. My wife and her bestie will probably be the first to sign up for this.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Nope, not going to do it. Maybe if either of us were Blue Milk Kool-aide drinkers, we might try it, but we're not going on a Star-Wars/Brazilian tour group in a concrete box with our current level of engagement. Entertainment options are very limited as are what's listed as the current food options.

skypilot2922

Patcheslee

I assume the normal 10+ for adult prices, with the prices given being during a lower priced time, I'd expect over $7k for the 3 of us since DD is 13 and we can only vacation in summer. As much as I would love to do it, I just can't justify our whole budget blown in 2 days once travel costs are added in. Unless they plan to have Ewan McGregor make an appearance.... :inlove:

SteveAZee

Now that info and prices have been released for Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser and the price is even higher than I anticipated, I wondered who all are planning on going asap? While I think it would be a cool experience, unfortunately we’d have to win the lottery to go, lol. (Oops, guess I should actually start playing the lottery, lol. 😬)
Perhaps you should have asked "Okay, Who’s NOT Booking at Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser?" since that seems to be the question people want to answer. :rolleyes:

NelsonRD

Who ??? Disney big wigs, Celebrities, millionaire politicians, foreign dignitaries, company CEO's and executives, Club 33 members, recent lottery winners, those who came into an inheritance windfall, those who can afford VIP tours, spoiled rich kids, those who arrive to their resorts in limos.... but sadly NOT MEEEEEE!!!😭😭😭

What about fiscally responsible hard working people?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom