Ok, who's got soaked in a park by not buying a poncho in time?

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
It's happened to me on numerous occasions. I look at the sky and think to myself "I've got plenty of time till it actually starts to rain before buying a poncho" and 99% of the time, I'm wrong :brick:.

My other 'summer specialty' is when leaving the MK, looking skyward and deciding that I've got plenty of time to reach my car before the heavens open! I usually find that as I am getting off the parking lot tram the mother of all downpours begins and I drive home sitting in a pool of water :mad:

Of course, the days I take my poncho I carry it around all day and there's usually not a drop of rain. Am I the only one :shrug:

luvlifeinfl

been there too, I am learning that during June & July to be prepared, becasue if the skies say one thing the rain will come no matter what.

kstella

I carried the stupid ponchos around with me all day and it didn't rain a drop. The night my kids and i went back to MK for Wishes and the parade and it poured and poured and poured. I was attempting to hide under the track of the TTA and watch Wishes, but it was raining so hard you couldn't see them.:cry: We left while Wishes was still going trying to dodge all the people who were not only wearing ponchos, but also carrying umbrellas. By the time we made it to the boat landing the rain had stopped but we were so soaked we felt like we had showered in our clothes. We had to wring them out while standing in line for the boat to FW. It was a cold ride back.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Whenever we go to WDW I carry a backpack pretty much the whole time. Amongst other things, ponchos are always a zip a way.

Dangeresque

I was there the infamous week of May 17-24 when they recieved record rains. I went through 3 poncho's and still got soaked every day!

dazzer68

I was there the infamous week of May 17-24 when they recieved record rains. I went through 3 poncho's and still got soaked every day!
yep we were ther that week, too, we bought disney ponchos, lasted two days! then found some great full size golf umbrellas that fold away to half size, in the store in china, for $13 bought two much better value, and still using them now back in england, unlike the forementioned ponchos, who died and are buried in a landfill in florida.

hooters dude

Banned
Original Poster
I have to say I do feel kind of 'safe' and 'child like' when wearing a poncho, don't quite know why :shrug:. It's almost like I'm watching everything through someone elses eyes (I'm sure the psychology students will have a field day with me). The main problem is my feet always get soaked, walking around with that horrible squelching feeling that doesn't go away quickly :mad:

Disney05

My first MNSSHP last October, got soaked. I just couldn't make myself spend the X amount of dollars for a thin plastic poncho. Although we had in the past and didn't pack it.

Beccone

We went last August during Tropical Storm Fay and I got soaked, along with our stroller which we forgot to cover before we went into Malstrom. I ran out to grab the stroller and got very drenched. For the rest of the week I always covered the stroller with an extra poncho before we went inside anywhere even if it wasn't raining and I always took the ponchos with me. Unless we were not wearing them whixh of course during that week was very seldom.

forevermickey

I end up using an umbrella when in rains- which is inconvienient for me and the other guests trying to walk around me. I couldn't get myself to spend the money on those cheap ponchos; so I am in the process of looking for better ones at the store and bringing them.

Figment632

Well in wasnt that we didnt have a poncho but while we were in line for Splash Mountain the weather was fine. We get on the ride and a huge storm came in. The ride broke down while we were in on of the outdoor parts ant we sat and got rained on for 30 minutes :fork:

luvlifeinfl

I end up using an umbrella when in rains- which is inconvienient for me and the other guests trying to walk around me. I couldn't get myself to spend the money on those cheap ponchos; so I am in the process of looking for better ones at the store and bringing them.

We used to have a Totes store at the Outlet Mall and I got our for like 3.99 or 4.99 a piece.

Susan Savia

Yeah, we've bought ponchos a number of times cause we've 'left them in the car' and not used them, so I just carry a mini umbrella. Its tiny, weighs nothing and just in case it does rain, I am ready. Got a box of ponchos...I find them hot and sticky once I get inside to be wearing....

Uncle Lupe

Well in wasnt that we didnt have a poncho but while we were in line for Splash Mountain the weather was fine. We get on the ride and a huge storm came in. The ride broke down while we were in on of the outdoor parts ant we sat and got rained on for 30 minutes :fork:

You're guaranteed to get wet one way or another.

westie

We always had the attitude that a little rain never hurt anyone. Then I had one of those, whats everyone starring at moments? Turned to the wife and, well, lets just say, a little rain shows off everything! Always carry ponchos now. Albeit, we get the ones from the sports store because they are a different color and we can find each other in a crowd.

figgyfan

We bought the ponchos on our first trip, and then repacked them every trip after that. I was soooo upset when my 2 daughters went from kid ponchos to adult.....not because of the price, but because that officially meant they were growing up. Who gave them permission to do that!?!:brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom