Ohanas or Chef Mickeys

Craig & Lisa

We've done both and I've found CM was much better, better interaction with the characters, larger variety of food, buffet where as the Poly is family style which means they bring out the food with it all there and nothing else. You can ask for more of anything thats on the platter but thats it. 13 days and counting till visit 18 with a Grand Gathering at AKLV....... CAN'T WAIT!!! :D :sohappy:

RussJT

I'll give you my opinion in about a month. We are there 3/29 - 4/5 and are eating at both. We have not been to either for breakfast.
:wave:

We will also be there from 3/29 - 4/5. We are also eating at both (although we will be at Chef Mickey's for dinner.)

And for the record, I haven't been to Lexington for years, but the last time I was there I spent a day at Keeneland and came home with more money than I went with.:)

Mouser365

My family has eaten at both and love them both equally. I think it depends how much your 3 year old can tolerate characters. AT Ohana Stitch is bigger than Mickey and might be scary to kids who are apprehensive about characters. He is very friendly though and my kids had no fear. Both are great restaurants. ALso, Chef Mickey is buffet and Ohana is family style so that may help make your decision.

wvdisneyfamily

'Ohana has yummy coffee and juice. However, it wasn't anything really special. I really think you should consider the 1900 Park Fare breakfast. The chilled strawberry soup is the best.:slurp: I've never eaten at Chef Mickey's, but I have eaten next door to it. That is the LOUDEST place ever.

Kriszee1

I've been to CM for dinner and Donald is probably the BEST character there. Every time we have gone, Donald has really out done "himself". They really interact with the kids. We did 'Ohana for the breakfast and I must say the food was much better there, pretty much picture time with the characters, but the parade was fun to do. The characters played around with him for a few miutes though! Our son was 3 years old for both and loved it. He is a huge Stitch fan so we had to do 'Ohana and my picky husband loved the breakfast as well. He said that he would definately do again...I am forbidden from CM for our next trip.

Chef Mickey's for Dinner...
100_1147.jpg
100_1149.jpg

Loved 'Ohana
Copy (3) of 100_1186.jpg
100_1192.jpg

Regardless...Have fun! It's a win win situation. Whichever he is abigger fan of...choose that breakfast.

slappy magoo

Geez, I know your public service announcement was in reference to me. I sincerely apoligize if I have offended you by spelling the name of 'OHANA incorrectly. So many people on here use incorrect spelling and especially grammar, but I don't go and correct them. It's a post, not a term paper.

At this point, I'm surprised they haven't changed the name of the restaurant to "Stitch's," lord knows they glom that annoying little soul sucker every where else they can.

Mr.EPCOT

At this point, I'm surprised they haven't changed the name of the restaurant to "Stitch's," lord knows they glom that annoying little soul sucker every where else they can.

There is reasonable justification for having a Lilo & Stitch character breakfast there, but the music from the movie (and Elvis music, as a result) annoys the heck out of me at 'Ohana for dinner and the Kona Cafe. I hate the Stitch stuff all over the Polynesian merchandise. It seems like every resort besides the Contemporary and Polynesian get an awesome array of merchandise.

DonaldDoleWhip

Between those two restaurants, Chef Mickey is better for breakfast. It's definitely a fun place. But I think Crystal Palace in MK has a good breakfast as well.

bgoebel

Does anyone have thoughts on the character dining option at Epcot (Garden Grill???) I heard they have Mickey and Chip and Dale. Likes/Dislikes?

princesseng

I would pick CM over 'OHANA. My family preferred the buffet over the family style breakfast - very limited although that pineapple stuff is very good! I am not a big fan of Lilo and Stitch. I find the latter a little more scary than cute. This trip we are doing the Crystal Palace breakfast and I can't wait.

drew81

I've been to CM many times, but not in awhile. My last 3 trips I've went to Ohana for breakfast and I always have a nice time there.

DougK

This is a public service announcement:

[SIZE=+10]'Ohana[/SIZE]

is the correct title and spelling of the restaurant. No possessive "s," and no apostrophe in wild wacky places.

Thank you.

You are absolutely correct!

However it would help if the people on the other end of the phone knew this when you are making ADR's. They all seem to call it Ohana's also. It is one of my pet peeves, I am glad to see someone else notices also. That said, as pointed out by another poster, this is not a term paper!

ThinkTink721

We want to do one caracter breakfast while we are down in Sept. Which would you recommend. Ohanas or Chef Mickeys? It will be my wife, 3 yo son and myself.
That is a hard choice.
We have done 'Ohana's b-fast & it was great! :slurp:
We have only done Chef Mickey's for dinner.
It was great too.
I have heard mainly good things about the b-fast at Chef Mickey's.
Chef Mickey's does have all of the main Disney characters.
:wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom