Official WDW Facebook page opens the floodgates to MyMagic+ comments

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Recall that you get the FOTL pass free if you stay at their Deluxe hotels run by Lowes and are actually worthy of the name. Its available in a more limited version for purchase, But Disney these days pretty much everything is an upcharge of one form or another for stuff that used to be free.

Remember the 'Behind the Seeds' tour at EPCOT that was free up until a couple years ago, There are other examples.
Excellent point.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
How about people who take one look at the whole MM+ mess and have that "Oh hell no" moment before opting to vacation elsewhere? Disney is so grossly over complicating vacation. I'm planning my first trip to DL because we want to return to parks WITHOUT any of the MM+ micro-managing. I'm curious to see how the full roll out will impact DL's numbers. I've never seen such a flooding of noobs running west. Seriously!

You will enjoy DL, Park has an vibe that's been missing from WDW since the early nought's plus the dining is just walk in for the most part and if you have the right connections you can dine in Club 33

CDavid

This is the same system which allows Gasparilla's to run out of snacks for guests staying at the most expensive property at WDW, After all we can't have unsold chips lying about if the guests wanted them they should have brought their own. Resource planning my A--

This is but one small example, of course, but its just unbelievable. Even the most incompetent, inexperienced management ought to be able to figure out if you are selling out of a product every day, maybe - just maybe - you need to order more. To make this example really dumb, chips aren't exactly a product with a short shelf life. Those bags could sit there for weeks (at least) unsold with no problem.

You don't want to regularly sell completely out of a product, be it chips, resort rooms, or Mickey balloons, because you never know how many more you could have sold if you had more available.

dgp602

Seems a bit extreme.
I don't get why so many are so negative about it. Nobody's being denied any access to any attractions, food, merchandise, etc.
The method by which they can get access to them is slightly modified, but still, there's no restriction of anyone who does not choose to stay on property.

I mean, how is this any different than on-property guests have EMH access? Disney is creating value for their on-property guests, which I'm perfectly okay with, considering how expensive it is to stay there. I'm more than willing to pay a little more, to get a little more. This is not a new concept. It's one that is exercised almost everywhere, airlines, hotels, restaurants, car rental, etc.
Exactly!! Thank you. I feel that this program is being criticized by people who have not even tried it. I DID in December and had zero complaints...

dgp602

Gee and UNI's system you don't need a fastpass runner, a sweaty plastic band and it does not limit you to 3 rides per day, Allows you to ride whatever you want whenever you want, As a customer I know which one I would like to use and it's NOT Disney's

A) There is NO more need for fastpass runners. The Band eliminates that "experience" That's a plus I would think

B) "a sweaty plastic band"? That is your gripe? Then don't wear it. Clip it on your belt or bag. Or use the plastic card option. FYI, my 11 yr old son has barely taken off his cool "sweaty plastic band" since we got home in December. As a dad, I love that...His Disney Experience hasn't ended yet. Another HUGE plus for me and him

C) The Magic Band DOES NOT "limit you to three rides a day". You can ride how many rides you want. It ALLOWS you to schedule your day and give you an opportunity to ride your three favorite rides quickly, which then allows you to enjoy the rest of the afternoon at whatever park you are in that day. Another Plus for me

If you choose not to use Disney's band, don't wear it. Don't schedule FB+. Don't download the My Disney Experience App. I'm sure Harry Potter will be a Magical Experience for you....

Last edited:

vinnya1726

No one knows how all of this is going to play out until it is fully implemented and everyone (who wants to be) are on the system and using them

Everything else is just speculation and I'd venture a guess that 75% that are negative about it have never tried them and 50% of them probably hate any type of change in life

There are so many possibilities (yes positive ones too) that they have barely even scratched the surface on so why don't we all take a deep breath and be open minded.

What would message boards look like when they first introduced extra magic hours to resort guests only, or extra ticketed events for holidays, etc.

Could not have said it any better myself!

TalkingHead

Recall that you get the FOTL pass free if you stay at their Deluxe hotels run by Lowes and are actually worthy of the name. Its available in a more limited version for purchase, But Disney these days pretty much everything is an upcharge of one form or another for stuff that used to be free.

Remember the 'Behind the Seeds' tour at EPCOT that was free up until a couple years ago, There are other examples.

Are you sure about that example? I'm pretty sure the "Behind the Seeds" tour has had an upcharge for a long, long time (maybe as long as it's been offered). Not that it would surprise me if they did start charging for something that was formerly free...

Nubs70

This is but one small example, of course, but its just unbelievable. Even the most incompetent, inexperienced management ought to be able to figure out if you are selling out of a product every day, maybe - just maybe - you need to order more. To make this example really dumb, chips aren't exactly a product with a short shelf life. Those bags could sit there for weeks (at least) unsold with no problem.

You don't want to regularly sell completely out of a product, be it chips, resort rooms, or Mickey balloons, because you never know how many more you could have sold if you had more available.
This is we're some manager is giggling with glee that he has zero carrying costs and zero spoilage costs. Extrapolated to other areas of the park, think of how much money is to be saved????

This brings to light something I see at the nasty little Burger King I often visit. It's a quote from their service award certificate. It says, "If you do not take care of the customer...... somebody else will"

Cheesy but applicable.

lentesta

Premium Member
The return time for shows is typically 20 to 5 minutes before the show starts. In many cases you can arrive at the show 5 minutes before the show starts, the FP+ line is closed and you're admitted in standby. It can be argued that FP+ costs guests up to 15 minutes in time when used for a show. @lentesta, do you have info on how often shows fill up more than 5 minutes in advance?

It is rare. The one exception I can think of is the last show of Idol at the Studios, where showing up 5 minutes early may not get you in during holidays and other busy times. Other than that, I can't think of anything.

sweetpee_1993

Drunkytown?

I have been following your TR, but haven't checked in on it for a bit. Was it really that much worse? For the price I was considering that I could do a few adventurous cruises with the kiddo a year vs doing a Disney one...but, I've heard mixed reviews.

I cherish your opinion, as I think we have similar tastes.
No, it wasn't bad at all. I'd argue it was surprisingly awesome. DH & I just enjoyed the crap out of the beverage package and letting our hair down. It was extremely relaxing, something we value & need in our vacations. Definitely not running around chasing schedules. LOL!

nor'easter

Are you sure about that example? I'm pretty sure the "Behind the Seeds" tour has had an upcharge for a long, long time (maybe as long as it's been offered). Not that it would surprise me if they did start charging for something that was formerly free...

Yes it was free for many years.

Buried20KLeague

You may not take the like seriously but Disney probably will. As of now there are over 700 comments. Not all are negative and almost 7,000 likes. So more people like and have made positive comments than all of the negative comments. Disney will take this as a positive sign. It is called "Spin" and Disney will use it. I used the service two weeks ago and we only had one problem. So overall it was a great experience. I do see issues with meeting people who aren't in your group and coordinating everything. That is something that will have to be worked out, but as far as a normal family going on a trip, I don't see many issues.

If you think all those "likes" are real... I've got a bridge to sell you in the New Fantasyland.

Buried20KLeague

This helps Disney in logistics. How many people may be in the parks on any given day. It will help them a more accurate count on how many people they will need to staff. This system is not to help the guest, this system to to help them. You need to start thinking like a money making company. How can I get a better idea to see how many people, give or take the ones not staying on property, will be in any given park on a any given day. Now we have a better idea on how many people we need in the park that day. Helps cut back on waste. That is also the reason they have ressies 180 day out in the restaurants. Helps in coordinating food orders and staffing. It is not, and yet it is about the guests.

You're a bit late to the party.

And talk to a few restaurant CM's about how they feel about staffing levels.

JimboJones123

[quotyou in dgp602, post: 5900812, member: 67465"]Exactly!! Thank you. I feel that this program is being criticized by people who have not even tried it. I DID in December and had zero complaints...[/quote]
Were you in line for 20 minutes at the least busy "kiosk" which was a dude at an iPad? Because I was yesterday with only 4 groups ahead of me. Some lines were 10-20 groups deep.

Buried20KLeague

... We should develop a two billion dollar system to help with that.

If you think all those "likes" are real... I've got a bridge to sell you in the New Fantasyland.
I didn't say I thought the likes were real, I know it is not. I said Disney will use it. It is called "Spin". You are attributing what I said about Disney to me.
You're a bit late to the party.

And talk to a few restaurant CM's about how they feel about staffing levels.
I am sure that CM's do not like the situation. But most people do not like the decisions their upper management are making at work. I am just stating an objective opinion as to why Disney is using this new system. Everyone is taking it personally as Disney is against them. Disney isn't against them. Disney is making a business decision. We may not like that decision but business' do not make all decisions based on their customers. Look at the airline merger with US Air and American. They cancelled some AmEX card perk that customers were paying a $400 annual fee. Not good for those customers,but good for the airline to save money. Disney is doing the same thing. Disney is a business and they will make business decisions. Some of these decisions will alienate some customers, WDW is kind of unique because most of their customers are one timers anyway. Families who have saved up for that one time family vacation. Yes, there are repeat customers or there wouldn't be boards such as this. From what I am hearing most of the feedback on this new system is positive so I do not see it going away.

JohnD

I realize I'm late to this thread (well, in relative terms on this forum in that the OP posted less than 24 hours ago), but I think WDW got themselves in hot water with "Once you experience FastPass+, you'll want to use it everywhere!". I was flippant on another thread but that's really the problem right now -- you can't.

1. You can only use it in one park per day.
2. You have a max of three attractions in that one park.
3. Two parks have tiers, meaning it's impossible to ride two attractions in the same tier via FP+ in one day
4. Only those staying in a resort can make advance FP+ (coming to an AP near you sometime soon)
5. APs and off-site have same-day use.

Does FP+ have potential? Sure. But they reached too far with that "everywhere" comment.

As for "likes", first, yeah, I "liked" the page so I could see the posts. Second, I'll admit I'm a habitual liker of posts. People will probably "like" each post as it shows up. So the "likes" probably mean less than what Disney would, well, like them to mean.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom