Official WDW Facebook page opens the floodgates to MyMagic+ comments

RSoxNo1

Gaston said it best....

We don't like what we don't...
understand and in fact it scares us,
and this monster is mysterious at least.
Bring your guns, bring your knives,
save children and and your wives,
so save our village and our lives!
LETS KILL THE BEAST!
The thing is, we do understand it, and we don't like it. The people that don't understand it, likely aren't going to use it and will also suffer.

RSoxNo1

Rather than promoting it on Facebook - why not incorporate it into the dozen or so new commercials they've released.

Rather than airing grandpa singing Lion King's opening and showing his "DisneySide" advertise your new system. (BTW - I like grandpa singing. makes me giggle)

I think they have an OK product with horrible marketing of it. In the Disney Side commercials I'm pretty sure the families in the park aren't even wearing magic bands.

Make it sound cool on a commercial where the worst one can do is scream at the TV. Facebook is the wrong place to start with an ad for a so-so product.
You mean, why not advertise the thing they spent $1.5 billion on that was meant to increase revenue by 10%? Simple. The thing they spent $1.5 billion on is unpopular, but they can make it look popular by the most aggressive ad campaign in years and claim people are booking vacations as a result.

RSoxNo1

I would agree if it actually worked. We used a FP+ for Fantasmic!. We showed up at the appointed time to find that they really didn't have a section completely reserved for FP+ and were basically told "Good luck!" when trying to find a seat. I would have been better served just getting a seat on my own. There was no value added to us at all and we wasted a FP+.
The return time for shows is typically 20 to 5 minutes before the show starts. In many cases you can arrive at the show 5 minutes before the show starts, the FP+ line is closed and you're admitted in standby. It can be argued that FP+ costs guests up to 15 minutes in time when used for a show. @lentesta, do you have info on how often shows fill up more than 5 minutes in advance?

asianway

As one of the "25%" that is "negative" and has tried the system, I would say that Disney certainly did an injustice to its loyal guests who were persuaded into believing testing MM+ would enhance their vacation, when the overall results, especially our own, were far from the Disney magic we come to expect.

The true test will be peak seasons. I'm glad that some of the kinks have been worked out and the reviews have become more positive. But as you say, a full determination cannot be made until the system runs with a packed resort. January is one of the slowest months, so it shouldn't be an issue for guests to book FP+, ADRs, and other things relatively close to their vacation times. I wonder what will happen for families going for the first time, or used to 'winging-it' on vacations when suddenly FP times are filled up, lines are 60+ mins, and unnecessary stress is added to the vacation.

Sure, it's easy to just to tell those families "Tough luck, you should have been on top of things" or "You shouldn't have entered into MM+" but while those answers are valid, it's certainly not a formula for positive vacation reviews....

Long time visitors might find it aggravating to be forced to book what time they are going to ride Space Mountain weeks to months in advance, when they used to just ride whenever they felt like it. While MM+ seems to help first timers not feel overwhelmed, the opposite could occur in which the first time guests feel too overwhelmed by all the planning, the timings, and the schedules. I'm on a work schedule all the time. If I'm going to Disney World for the first time, the last thing I want on vacation is to be on a schedule. I would rather relax. But everyone is different. If the system works for you, then go for it! This is just our family's perspective.

And for the people who come down once every 2-4 years, they might just say "This is too much planning and work, forget this...I'm going to Uni, or somewhere else"

While I hope this system works and works successfully to please most if not all guests, as someone who loves WDW, MM+ isn't something that excites me to visit. I can't see myself going "Wow, i can't wait to have my nose in my phone throughout the park checking FP+ times, the mobile app, and decorate my wristband!" (for a small fee...;)). Sure, we will return despite MM+ because we love the place, but I think Disney is taking advantage of that fact with their loyal guests. I can just hear upper management say "Oh don't worry, that family had a bad trip? They come down every year, they'll be back" There is no reward for loyalty in WDW. Everywhere you go, retail, food-stores, hotels, etc, they all have rewards points. How come WDW doesn't do this? Are we missing out on something? How come someone who has visited his whole life isn't given any incentives to return? What? Is the incentive nostalgia? Knowing WDW upper management...I wouldn't be surprised if that was the answer.:greedy:

Walt Disney warned about resting on your laurels. There's only so many times I can ride with a dirty Soarin' screen, pass Disco Yeti, or look at countless pavilions and locations sit empty throughout the parks and resorts before I get sick of it. I hope that day doesn't come.
Only someone with serious mental issues would be excited about using MM+ to plan...the same...old...attractions

JimboJones123

FP+ for Nemo is an absolute joke.

The standby line walks right into the theater. The FP+ line takes 5-10 minutes (sometimes more) to scan the wristbands.

But hey, with FP+ you get to enter at the very back of the theater and make your way down. Silly stand by folks have to enter in the middle, halfway down the theater.

SJFPKT

I can't escape the feeling that those "likes" are gonna do the talking. 2,897 against 300 or so bad reviews isn't so bad!!

FP+ is doomed to succeed, if that makes any sense at all.

You can't count likes. When people "like" a post that says grandma died yesterday you can't take their likes seriously.

peep

I haven't used MM+ yet but I still have an issue with it.

When I stayed on site in 2012 we had the dining plan so we had to make all our dining reservations 6 months in advance, I found this to be ridiculous. I know everyone is different but I think that was way too in advance. Not booking might have resulted in us not being able to go to the restaurants we wanted to visit which I found a little unfair. Booking your fast pass 6 months in advance? That's beyond a joke in my opinion - a step too far.

I know cutting fastpasses altogether would actually make regular queues move quicker and more efficiently so cutting down how many you're allowed should make a difference to the regular queue times. I just can't see the justification or the reasoning for having to book everything so far in advance. It also sounds like the tiers are quite unfairly divided etc. Like someone else said, it'd be nice to actually see what is included in each tier.

Anyone know if they set aside any fastpasses for the people who are turning up on the day/don't have the tech at home to book in advance? I can just see it being unfair if that isn't the case.

You can't count likes. When people "like" a post that says grandma died yesterday you can't take their likes seriously.
You may not take the like seriously but Disney probably will. As of now there are over 700 comments. Not all are negative and almost 7,000 likes. So more people like and have made positive comments than all of the negative comments. Disney will take this as a positive sign. It is called "Spin" and Disney will use it. I used the service two weeks ago and we only had one problem. So overall it was a great experience. I do see issues with meeting people who aren't in your group and coordinating everything. That is something that will have to be worked out, but as far as a normal family going on a trip, I don't see many issues.

I haven't used MM+ yet but I still have an issue with it.

When I stayed on site in 2012 we had the dining plan so we had to make all our dining reservations 6 months in advance, I found this to be ridiculous. I know everyone is different but I think that was way too in advance. Not booking might have resulted in us not being able to go to the restaurants we wanted to visit which I found a little unfair. Booking your fast pass 6 months in advance? That's beyond a joke in my opinion - a step too far.

I know cutting fastpasses altogether would actually make regular queues move quicker and more efficiently so cutting down how many you're allowed should make a difference to the regular queue times. I just can't see the justification or the reasoning for having to book everything so far in advance. It also sounds like the tiers are quite unfairly divided etc. Like someone else said, it'd be nice to actually see what is included in each tier.

Anyone know if they set aside any fastpasses for the people who are turning up on the day/don't have the tech at home to book in advance? I can just see it being unfair if that isn't the case.
You don't book a fast pass 6 months in advance. You can start scheduling starting at 60 days in advance if you stay on their property. Doesn't mean you have to, it is just an option. Many more people schedule day of and still get their options.

I can see a DAY in advance - not TWO MONTHS in advance
This helps Disney in logistics. How many people may be in the parks on any given day. It will help them a more accurate count on how many people they will need to staff. This system is not to help the guest, this system to to help them. You need to start thinking like a money making company. How can I get a better idea to see how many people, give or take the ones not staying on property, will be in any given park on a any given day. Now we have a better idea on how many people we need in the park that day. Helps cut back on waste. That is also the reason they have ressies 180 day out in the restaurants. Helps in coordinating food orders and staffing. It is not, and yet it is about the guests.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
This helps Disney in logistics. How many people may be in the parks on any given day. It will help them a more accurate count on how many people they will need to staff. This system is not to help the guest, this system to to help them. You need to start thinking like a money making company. How can I get a better idea to see how many people, give or take the ones not staying on property, will be in any given park on a any given day. Now we have a better idea on how many people we need in the park that day. Helps cut back on waste. That is also the reason they have ressies 180 day out in the restaurants. Helps in coordinating food orders and staffing. It is not, and yet it is about the guests.

No it helps Disney to have the absolute minimum staff on hand for any period in time, It's all about cutting services to Guests so Disney can make drug dealer profit margins

No it helps Disney to have the absolute minimum staff on hand for any period in time, It's all about cutting services to Guests so Disney can make drug dealer profit margins
It is about not over staffing and wasting money or under staffing and causing a really bad time for the guests. I know that you have your own opinion but objectively this is what MM+ is all about.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
It is about not over staffing and wasting money or under staffing and causing a really bad time for the guests. I know that you have your own opinion but objectively this is what MM+ is all about.

Keep telling yourselves that over at Celebration Place, Meanwhile I'll keep telling people how Disney managed to ruin my last two visits because of Magic Band issues that no one could solve.

Well showing up at the appointed time doesn't guarantee you a good seat...just a seat...like the dinner package they have as well

We got the dinner package in October. There was a roped off section dead center for dinner package people. It didn't guarantee you a seat in the front- first come first served on specific seats- but it did guarantee you a section in the center. Which I thought was the best place to view it (although I had never seen it before so maybe you have good view from everywhere). Is this no longer the case for the dinner package? This was right before all the resorts were opened to testing bands, so it could have changed due to the additional groups added to testing.

CDavid

Disney, much like any other company, was able to closely estimate the number of guests who would be in the parks on any given day, or how many would eat at which restaurant and what they would order, long before MM+ came along. You don't need advance reservations to determine those numbers with reasonable accuracy; Disney has decades of park history to judge things like that.

Advance dining reservations aren't really going to eliminate waste, since allowing for seasonal variations and the like, you already know about how many of each entree you are going to sell (probably about the same number you sold to a similar crowd level last week or last month). Even in busy restaurants where advance reservations are useful due to demand, you could achieve the same thing with reservations made one day or one week prior; Deciding whats for dinner six months ahead of time is just silly.

Keep telling yourselves that over at Celebration Place, Meanwhile I'll keep telling people how Disney managed to ruin my last two visits because of Magic Band issues that no one could solve.
As I do not work over at Celebration Place, Nor do I live anywhere near there, I do have a degree in Marketing and see what this is all about. I am sorry that you had issues. I did not when I went. Unfortunately for you more people, than not, have had great to good experiences with this and Disney is going to implement it. I am sorry you didn't and Disney has lost its Magic for you. Hopefully one day it will return.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom