Official WDW Facebook page opens the floodgates to MyMagic+ comments

DManRightHere

The heavy whining is on limit 3 and one park.

I'm not a fan of the one park, but I can see that changing in the future. As for 3 per day, we stay out all day and I'm pretty sure we only averaged 3-4 per day. At the expense of loosing maybe 1 fastpass compared to the old system and it saves us a TON of walking/rushing to attractions I am remaining optimistic.

I'll continue to hold my negativity until I experience this system myself.

Buried20KLeague

I would agree that Disney was boasting Facebook numbers expect for one issue. This post has barely a third of the likes the average Disney world post would get. If Disney was gonna be boastin post wouldn't this be one they wanted to boast instead if hey look at te inside of the monorail post which had over double the likes of the mm+ post under discussion. Just a rational thought to those who are calling me a fanboy. I am bringing flux no pessimism or optimism. Dear lord way to pounce on someone while this post was no rude. Atleast one person quotin was quiet rude

... Or maybe you're a touch too sensitive. I didn't see any rudeness.

The post hasn't been up long.

Buried20KLeague

The heavy whining is on limit 3 and one park.

I'm not a fan of the one park, but I can see that changing in the future. As for 3 per day, we stay out all day and I'm pretty sure we only averaged 3-4 per day. At the expense of loosing maybe 1 fastpass compared to the old system and it saves us a TON of walking/rushing to attractions I am remaining optimistic.

I'll continue to hold my negativity until I experience this system myself.

You're forgetting that it's 3 per day TIERED. I'm quite sure when you were there last time, you didn't get three a day, one of which was HM and one of which was fireworks.

THAT'S one of the big rubs with me.

ABQ

You're forgetting that it's 3 per day TIERED. I'm quite sure when you were there last time, you didn't get three a day, one of which was HM and one of which was fireworks.

That's probably my only issue with it today. When I was there in December, I had made my FP+ selections prior to the tier aspect and I was fine with the 3 per day. Like someone else mentioned, I was able to secure a TSMM FP, something I'd never, ever gotten prior as I don't do rope drop at the studios (or anywhere).
However, my 3 FP's in that particular park were TSMM, ToT and RnR, a combination I could not do any longer.
So, if they change the tier issue or perhaps keep it, but up the total to 4, then perhaps it'll be fine.

71jason

I wouldn't go that far... UNI's express pass represents so many aspects people were up in arms over for Disney's system. People screaming bloody murder about onsite vs offsite, creating classes of 'haves and have nots', charging for what they believe should be free, etc.
Express pass for UNI hotel guests gives guests more what they want.. carte blanche access... but it's intentions and motivations are just as 'evil corporate' as Disney's MM. Both offer a carrot to the guest to drive what the company wants.

I completely agree--Universal Express was a purely mercenary calculation. It was just a happy accident that the end result was a much improved guest experience, at least for all but the "hard core" regular visitors who knew how to work the system.

Have to see how if plays out when fully implemented, but all signs point to MM+ being the opposite--a boon for fanbois who frequent message boards, but a lessened experience for casual visitors, especially those off-site.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
The whole 'my ticket doesn't work' stuff are areas Disney should be fixing in customer service. If they don't... it's more descriptive about Disney as a whole... vs MM+.

Flynn,

You are aware of the Premier Passport, it's ticket media which allows unlimited entry to both DL and WDW, It's $960 bucks NO DISCOUNT, Disney is in most cases unable to link MDE to this ticket. Last year went twice was selected for MB 'test' BOTH times,

Because of the issues in linking I was unable to use FP+ system, I could have 'cheated' and double dipped but I did not out of respect to the test team. I spent literally 2 hours each DAY of vacation trying to get this to work and as of NOW it STILL is not linked.

My personal favorite was 'just buy magic my way tickets in addition to your PP' fortunately I was on the phone or I would have throttled that CM. Their system and the only solution for a problem THEY caused was have me buy ANOTHER set of tickets at FULL PRICE so I could 'USE' the MB system.

If they said we will give them to you for a dollar because system will not allow us to comp them that would have been ok.

But your proposition is correct this speaks more of the direction of TWDC than MM+ itself, After TWO experiences like this as part of their test - I'm just not inclined to give them a break on anything.

To top it off Disney did NOTHING to compensate me for the loss of MY vacation time not even a nice form letter. I did not expect to get anything fungible out of Disney but a heartfelt SORRY would have gone a long way in changing my mindset about Today's Disney.

Captain Chaos

when you jack prices up... if people don't like it...spending would be down right? I think they question we don't know is are they looking at spending as revenue or spending as charges made or items purchased
No, not necessarily... If you sell 100 tee shirts at $20 a pop... Guest spending is $2000... You raise the price to $30 a tee shirt, now only sell 90, guest spending is $2700... spending UP... sales DOWN, but you still made more money... Magic Kingdom pulls in 18 million a year... Jacking prices increases spending even if sales dip... Sales will have to dip a heck of a lot to cause spending to be down... So even a dip in sales can still lead spending to be up with the way Disney jacks prices...

We can do larger numbers if you want... MK pulls in, on average, 18 million a year right? Let's say each guest buys 1 piece of merchandise... The average cost of the merchandise is $50.00... Guests spent $900,000,000 on merchandise then right? Now, say Disney jacks prices, taking 1 million people out of the equation cause they refuse to pay the increased costs or cannot afford it... Now, Disney sells 17 million pieces of merchandise (SALES DOWN), at an average cost of $60.00... Guest spending is $1,002,000... Guest spending is still up despite the amount of sales going down.. If sales remained flat (NO INCREASE OF SALES OR DECREASE OF SALES), guest spending would be $1,008,000... If sales dropped to 15 million pieces sold, guest spending then remains flat...

So, my original comments remains the same: Is guest spending up cause guests are actually buying more merchandise or is guest spending up cause prices have been jacked year after year?

Last edited:

Captain Chaos

I would agree that Disney was boasting Facebook numbers expect for one issue. This post has barely a third of the likes the average Disney world post would get. If Disney was gonna be boastin post wouldn't this be one they wanted to boast instead if hey look at te inside of the monorail post which had over double the likes of the mm+ post under discussion. Just a rational thought to those who are calling me a fanboy. I am bringing flux no pessimism or optimism. Dear lord way to pounce on someone while this post was no rude. Atleast one person quotin was quiet rude
Looking at the posts, a huge majority is negative... it would look rather suspicious if there were 20,000 likes when 75% of the posts are negative... Disney may be stupid, but they aren't THAT stupid... Now looking at the monorail posts, not many are bashing the monorails or the cut in service, at least it isn't running a majority negative... And who knows? Maybe Disney is loading the likes on that one too..

Again, I could care less... Disney rigging or not rigging LIKES on FB matters nothing to me... Other opinions mean nothing to me... the only opinion that matters to me is mine...

DManRightHere

It is tiered for 2 parks. Not for the other 2.

The time of season we go only need fastpass for soarin and test track in epcot (and we never got a fastpass for test track because of the single rider line).

For Hollywood Studios toy story and rockin roller coaster.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
[q
it saves us a TON of walking/rushing to attractions

The difference I have seen is that the time you save walking/rushing to attractions is no different than before. If your park hopping and book your FP+ later in the day your time frame is now limited and your FP+ times fall relatively one hour after the next. (i.e. 5:20-6:20, 7:20 -8:20, 8:20-9:20) Unless you book all your FP+ for the same land/area your rushing to the next land/area where your next FP+ is scheduled. You dont have enough time to enjoy the entire land/area your currently in before its time to head the next area. If you want to experience more than 2 attractions in one area you will have to go back later after your other FP+ are used. Does that make sense? ( i just read it and looks confusing.lol)

The time you used to waste running to grab FP is now time you waste going back to visit an area to experience what you missed because you had to move on to another area where your next FP+ is scheduled. Last night for us was a good example. We had FP+ for BLSSR at 7 pm and Peter Pan at 8pm and BTMRR at 9. By the time we got off BLSSR we had about 40 minutes to get to Peter Pan. ( we didnt get to BLSSR until about 7:30). Thats not enough time to hang out in Tomorrow Land and do much before our next FP+ expired. We did SM standby and by the time we got off we had to rush to Peter Pan with minutes to spare before our FP+ time was expired. We got to do 2 things in Tomorrow Land before we had to rush to Fantasyland. By the time we got off Peter Pan we didnt have much time to do anything before it was time to head to BTMRR.

The only option (if your park hopping) is to book your FP+ all in the same area so your not rushing to the next area. But now your stuck doing standby for everything else (if you even have time). There is no time saved or lost with the new system. It averages out to the exact same thing as before. At least the way we did it. With legacy FP we could have at least got a FP for attractions at HS when we were there earlier in the day.

Voxel

President of Progress City
Looking at the posts, a huge majority is negative... it would look rather suspicious if there were 20,000 likes when 75% of the posts are negative... Disney may be stupid, but they aren't THAT stupid... Now looking at the monorail posts, not many are bashing the monorails or the cut in service, at least it isn't running a majority negative... And who knows? Maybe Disney is loading the likes on that one too..

Again, I could care less... Disney rigging or not rigging LIKES on FB matters nothing to me... Other opinions mean nothing to me... the only opinion that matters to me is mine...
If you careless then why bring up the argument up in the first place why do you try to win your opinion over.
Heck why are you on the topic if you could care less. You obvious are interested or care about the topic or you never would have responded

englanddg

One Little Spark...

And I know, on my last trip and prior trips, if we really wanted to do Splash Mountain several times using FP, we could and did.

At Uni we had the express pass, and we did MIB 5 times in a row with no more than a 5 minute wait. It was awesome!

doctornick

As far as competition is concerned, Disney benefits from it when Uni builds too. People coming to Orlando still spend more time and money at Disney, at least for now. If the table starts to tilt, things might change, but I wouldn't put any money on that happening. I think the only park that will suffer from something like this, might be AK where a lack of attractions might lead people to shave a day of their trip off from visiting that park and go to Uni. All the others have enough to sustain current crowd levels.

I think DHS is much more likely to suffer from Uni's growth than DAK. DAK provides some unique experiences (even compared to other "animal parks" like Sea World and Busch Gardens) and great theming. If you have a vacation based on Uni with some WDW, DAK still has value. DHS is similar in design to USF and it's biggest draw is having more "thrill" type rides -- which is a aspect that Uni has captured well and is superior to WDW. DHS already has the lowest attendence of any WDW park.

Captain Chaos

If you careless then why bring up the argument up in the first place why do you try to win your opinion over.
Heck why are you on the topic if you could care less. You obvious are interested or care about the topic or you never would have responded
If you remember, I didn't... Someone else said those LIKES are fake... I simply defended his comment when he was questioned as to how LIKES could be faked...

Unlike others, I don't try to win my opinion over... My opinion is my opinion, I am allowed to express it, and I am also allowed to defend it and allowed to debate it... If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine... And I am also allowed to show where someones' argument may be weak, just like they can show where my argument is weak...

And again, you need to read what I wrote... I said I could care less if Disney pays for LIKES cause that won't affect my opinion of FP+ or MM+... That does not disqualify me from posting my OPINION about Disney (or any company) paying for LIKE clicks on FB or positive/negative posts on a website... In fact, I don't think I even posted my OPINION about companies which do just that... I think I simply posted how LIKES could be faked, and that it isn't beyond Disney to pay for those likes...

Voxel

This doesn't hurt my argument, nor did I say that Companies weren't faking likes IF you go by the statistic provided by this article and a few others that I read in the last hours your talking 1/3 of all reviews,users, likes,etc are fakes. Then if you have 8,000 likes on an item your assuming that ~2700 faked. If you had read what I wrote you the only thing I got wrong was the percentage of fake likes. Social networking is not my area of study.

If you remember, I didn't... Someone else said those LIKES are fake... I simply defended his comment when he was questioned as to how LIKES could be faked...

Unlike others, I don't try to win my opinion over... My opinion is my opinion, I am allowed to express it, and I am also allowed to defend it and allowed to debate it... If you don't agree with my opinion, that's fine... And I am also allowed to show where someones' argument may be weak, just like they can show where my argument is weak...

And again, you need to read what I wrote... I said I could care less if Disney pays for LIKES cause that won't affect my opinion of FP+ or MM+... That does not disqualify me from posting my OPINION about Disney (or any company) paying for LIKE clicks on FB or positive/negative posts on a website... In fact, I don't think I even posted my OPINION about companies which do just that... I think I simply posted how LIKES could be faked, and that it isn't beyond Disney to pay for those likes...
I apologize I went back and reread everything and realized I mixed you up with someone else. It's been a stressful day at work, nothing like fleet emergencies. :banghead:. Your right likes will not change an opinion they only express interest, or if you look at how Facebook operates the more likes and item gets the higher importance on the feed the item appears. (Hence the reason companies will pay for likes).

Last edited:

flynnibus

Premium Member
Flynn,

You are aware of the Premier Passport, it's ticket media which allows unlimited entry to both DL and WDW, It's $960 bucks NO DISCOUNT, Disney is in most cases unable to link MDE to this ticket. Last year went twice was selected for MB 'test' BOTH times,

I'm aware of that situation - but like I said - do you believe that is the intention for the final state of Premier Passports? Or is this the 'overflowing toilet' that is a temporary problem? I believe it's the latter... a temporary thing that will be resolved going forward. So I don't gauge the grand scheme of MM+ based on that temporary thing.
But 'temporary' also overlapped with your vacations - so you were impacted. That is the role of customer service then to make the situation right. Obviously Disney has failed to do so. So like the temporary toilet.. who failed in the guest recovery?? The service aspect of the company. And this is an area I see them getting worse and worse in.

Twice myself I've been let down by the company in the last month. Each time the company seems more and more incompetent.. let alone addressing my issue.

I'm not giving them any breaks either... I just like to focus my anger were they could have actually made a difference.

Bringing it full circle.. Disney may not have been able to prevent the toilet scenario.. but they could have made up for it. And in your passport issue... Disney may not have done their homework... but they could have made up for it. The fact they miss these things now is what makes me believe the culture of this company is so far gone it's well past it's peak and will never recover it's vaulted position.

DManRightHere

[q

The difference I have seen is that the time you save walking/rushing to attractions is no different than before. If your park hopping and book your FP+ later in the day your time frame is now limited and your FP+ times fall relatively one hour after the next. (i.e. 5:20-6:20, 7:20 -8:20, 8:20-9:20) Unless you book all your FP+ for the same land/area your rushing to the next land/area where your next FP+ is scheduled. You dont have enough time to enjoy the entire land/area your currently in before its time to head the next area. If you want to experience more than 2 attractions in one area you will have to go back later after your other FP+ are used. Does that make sense? ( i just read it and looks confusing.lol)

The time you used to waste running to grab FP is now time you waste going back to visit an area to experience what you missed because you had to move on to another area where your next FP+ is scheduled. Last night for us was a good example. We had FP+ for BLSSR at 7 pm and Peter Pan at 8pm and BTMRR at 9. By the time we got off BLSSR we had about 40 minutes to get to Peter Pan. ( we didnt get to BLSSR until about 7:30). Thats not enough time to hang out in Tomorrow Land and do much before our next FP+ expired. We did SM standby and by the time we got off we had to rush to Peter Pan with minutes to spare before our FP+ time was expired. We got to do 2 things in Tomorrow Land before we had to rush to Fantasyland. By the time we got off Peter Pan we didnt have much time to do anything before it was time to head to BTMRR.

The only option (if your park hopping) is to book your FP+ all in the same area so your not rushing to the next area. But now your stuck doing standby for everything else (if you even have time). There is no time saved or lost with the new system. It averages out to the exact same thing as before. At least the way we did it. With legacy FP we could have at least got a FP for attractions at HS when we were there earlier in the day.

You are not allowed to change your fastpass times? They all have to be one after the other?

Voxel

Bringing it full circle.. Disney may not have been able to prevent the toilet scenario.. but they could have made up for it. And in your passport issue... Disney may not have done their homework... but they could have made up for it. The fact they miss these things now is what makes me believe the culture of this company is so far gone it's well past it's peak and will never recover it's vaulted position.
Devils advocate to the last part. The same was said about Apple in the 90's, and look where they are now. We have seen crazier turn arounds in every industry. We could only hope that Disney will do the same. Based on what I have seen in Tokyo and DLR, I think it is possible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom