Official "I aint ridin' Everest!" club

imagineer boy

No way for me I'm afraid. I can handle roller coasters, but not ones with big drops. And by the look of things, Everest will be having a HUGE drop. So, no ride for me.

Nicole

I'll join the club. I'm not a thrill rider either. But I'm already hoping there'll be a great photo spot outside the drop so I can catch the rest of my family as they fall (so to speak) like I can on Splash Mountain!

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Join me in Merf...Anything with an 80ft drop is not for me..I can do Splash Mountain but that is almost too much. Actually I find drops in the dark are worse since you can't see that bottom..so the drop inside Splash Mountain was horrible because I didn't know when the bottom was. EE's drop is not in darkness but I still won't try it. My husband can do it and tell me how fun it is...:rolleyes:

Woody13

ksccar said:
Join me in Merf...Anything with an 80ft drop is not for me..I can do Splash Mountain but that is almost too much. Actually I find drops in the dark are worse since you can't see that bottom..so the drop inside Splash Mountain was horrible because I didn't know when the bottom was. EE's drop is not in darkness but I still won't try it. My husband can do it and tell me how fun it is...:rolleyes:
The drop on Splash Mountain is outside in full sunlight as is the drop on EE.

I see big money to be made in EE "drop therapy" classes.

TurboCaroline

Is it 5:00 yet?
Woody13 said:
The drop on Splash Mountain is outside in full sunlight as is the drop on EE.

I see big money to be made in EE "drop therapy" classes.

I know the biggest drop on Splash is outside...I was talking about the 2nd drop when you are inside the mountain...I was making a point about drops in the dark being worse than ones that are in the light..

GoofyMom2

Merf, my DH can stand with you in the gift shop area while the rest of us are screaming at the 80 ft drop! :D

PS Please convince him to pick me up one of those Yeti plushes.... :rolleyes:

Woody13

ksccar said:
I know the biggest drop on Splash is outside...I was talking about the 2nd drop when you are inside the mountain...I was making a point about drops in the dark being worse than ones that are in the light..
I see bigger money to be made in EE "drop therapy" classes. :wave:

CaptainMichael

If I die between now and December 2006, you can count me in the I'm not riding group. Maybe I can arrange for Disney to let my corpse ride...Of course, I have no intention of dying!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
WDI have been shooting for everyone to be able to ride Everest. There is nothing about it that makes it unsuitable for the vast majority of people. Just go ahead and ride it, at least once. :) You only live once!

minnie2000

How long is the drop in Splash Mountain? I don't like really fast rides - I don't do RNRC or TOT - and nothing would make me! Splash Mountain is about my limit - so if EE is not much higher I would give it a try. I don't even like thunder mountain - I will go on it, but I don't like the feeling of being jolted around. Hopefully EE will be a much smoother ride - anyone know? DH loves all the fast rides and wants me to go on with him, but I'm a bit of a wimp!

mousermerf said:
Nah - things with drops just make me yarfy :)

I just find it funny everyone else is like "Whoo! Everest!!!!" and i'm like "I wonder if they have Yeti plush..."
Whoo! Everest!!!!

I want a Yeti plush after I ride it :)

Skippy

wdwmagic said:
WDI have been shooting for everyone to be able to ride Everest. There is nothing about it that makes it unsuitable for the vast majority of people. Just go ahead and ride it, at least once. :) You only live once!

Well said, Steve. It's very true that disney rides aren't as rough as most other parks. Some of you might enjoy it!

ssidiouss@mac.c

ogryn said:
http://www.thorpepark.com/explore/watch_video.asp?getMovie=colossus

If you watch that video, that coaster has a drop of 92ft, so will be a little higher than Everest, so you can guage (sorta) how long you'll be dropping for.

In my opinion, anything under 100ft is over before you know it.

Yeah. . that drop is nothing.. but hey.. the coaster on the video there has an awesome spin section at the end.. amazing.

MissM

Why do people always try to tell someone else what they can and can not handle? Why do they insist upon telling someone what they'll like and won't like? Why can't people who don't have phobias or fears or dislikes or medical conditions just accept that not everyone is like you and not everyone likes the same thing.

I don't care if EE is wussy compared to most coasters. I don't care if it's watered down or supposed to be accessable to everyone. I also don't care if 5 year olds ride it. SOME OF US DON'T ENJOY THAT KIND OF THING. And we shouldn't be hassled about it.

I won't do anything with a drop. Period. Any drop. Ever. For any reason. It doesn't matter if it's "only" 80 feet. That's 79 feet too much for me.

Jeez. It's so annoying when people push something. When they can't just let someone be. You like it, you enjoy it - great! But leave those of us who aren't interested or who don't want to or who don't like that kind of ride or aspects of the ride alone.

EE is NOT for me and I have no problem with that. I just don't know why the rest of you DO have a problem with that.
-m

Pongo

MissM said:
Why do people always try to tell someone else what they can and can not handle? Why do they insist upon telling someone what they'll like and won't like? Why can't people who don't have phobias or fears or dislikes or medical conditions just accept that not everyone is like you and not everyone likes the same thing.

I don't care if EE is wussy compared to most coasters. I don't care if it's watered down or supposed to be accessable to everyone. I also don't care if 5 year olds ride it. SOME OF US DON'T ENJOY THAT KIND OF THING. And we shouldn't be hassled about it.

I won't do anything with a drop. Period. Any drop. Ever. For any reason. It doesn't matter if it's "only" 80 feet. That's 79 feet too much for me.

Jeez. It's so annoying when people push something. When they can't just let someone be. You like it, you enjoy it - great! But leave those of us who aren't interested or who don't want to or who don't like that kind of ride or aspects of the ride alone.

EE is NOT for me and I have no problem with that. I just don't know why the rest of you DO have a problem with that.
-m

Other people just don't want you to miss out on something you might actually LIKE, but never tried. Kind of like not eating something you've never tried before.

Carpe Diem.

:wave:

TTARider

bhg469 said:
I was very excited when disney made rnrc because it made me think that they were being innovative because everyone can make a ride with a drop but only disney can excite people without one.

It may be just me,but I do believe there are 30-50 coasters that use launches instead of drops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom