Official "I aint ridin' Everest!" club

Jorma

I know how you guys that don't like drops feel, I feel the same about spinning or motion simulators. I can ride the biggest fastest roller coasters with no ill effects (Hulk at IOA being my fav), but put me on Star Tours or M:S and you better break out the barf bags :hurl:

I plan on riding EE come June, but can fully respect the peeps who choose to skip it :wave:

Magic Maker

Wish I had seen this earlier.

I will never go on Expedition Everest
I am a pansie. I will admire it from affair. My friends and family do their best to convince all the time to go on stuff, but it just ain't my thing. I am glad I am not alone.

MSTINKHERBELL01

I'm not a drop person myself. I avoid Splash and ToT all the time. I do want to ride EE...even if it's only once.
I like the seating 2 persons together...that way I can hold on to my sweetie and cry like a little girl:lol:

lady_vor

Good for you! Your shirts should say, "I survived NOT RIDING Everest!" and then have a pic of a bunch of people sitting on a little bench or something sweet like that.

My uncle wants to stick me onto Mission: Space. Although he can ride it over and over, I still think that I'll pick up on some of the spinning sensations. Who knows, I just might join the, "I survived NOT RIDING Mission: Space!" club.

But then again, I guess one can't knock something until they try it. We'll just have to see what happens.
:lookaroun

MissM

Jorma said:
I know how you guys that don't like drops feel, I feel the same about spinning or motion simulators. I can ride the biggest fastest roller coasters with no ill effects (Hulk at IOA being my fav), but put me on Star Tours or M:S and you better break out the barf bags :hurl:
That's how my Love is. He'll ride anything rollercoaster no problem. But he'll get sick on Dumbo. Basically anything that spins at all or is motion simulator. (Poor thing was sick for about a day and a half from M:S. We rode it in the pre-opening days and didn't know it was a giant spinning ride.) I ride those no problem and he rides the coasters no problem. Neither of us minds the other's sensitivities.

Afterall, we all have different tolerances. :animwink:
-m

MommytoMJM

TheMagicMouse said:
the thing about the 80 foot drop on EE that I think everybody will be shocked by is that it goes STRAIGHT down, whereas Splash Mountian was at an angle (obviously) .

Wait, there is a drop that goes straight down? Cauise the outside one is still an angle I thought that was the bad one, if there is a totally vertical drop I may not do it after all....

dxwwf3

Woody13 said:
Splash Mountain is only a 45 degree angle. That picture of the EE track doesn't appear to be as steep an angle as Splash.

You could tell from the footage from the Christmas parade it doesn't seem nearly as steep as Splash.

Woody13

dxwwf3 said:
You could tell from the footage from the Christmas parade it doesn't seem nearly as steep as Splash.
I didn't see the Christmas parade but I think you're right. Splash has a very steep decent. I don't think EE's drop will be anything as steep as Splash. :wave:

WDWFantasmic

Woody13 said:
I didn't see the Christmas parade but I think you're right. Splash has a very steep decent. I don't think EE's drop will be anything as steep as Splash. :wave:

45 degrees is nothing compared to 80 degrees on Millennium Force. As for EE, I would say it's about 50-60 degrees like someone said. Splash Mountain only looks steeper because it is an immediate descent into the drop and we're looking at it from a perspective point. In other words, it tricks you into believing it's almost vertical. If the drop was placed in the open, it would not look steep at all.

Woody13

WDWFantasmic said:
45 degrees is nothing compared to 80 degrees on Millennium Force. As for EE, I would say it's about 50-60 degrees like someone said. Splash Mountain only looks steeper because it is an immediate descent into the drop and we're looking at it from a perspective point. In other words, it tricks you into believing it's almost vertical. If the drop was placed in the open, it would not look steep at all.
Based upon my observation of the track while seeing the train running, I would guess that the angle of the big drop on EE is less than Splash. Also, based upon the construction photos of the track, the angle of the big drop does not appear to be too dramatic.

TheMagicMouse

http://www.wdwmagic.com/everest_construction2.htm scroll down, to where it shows them constructing the drop.. here's a quote: -"Above: The huge 80ft drop straight down into what will be thick bamboo, turning into a helix and darting back into the mountain." though it could just be straight down as to it heading at a steep angle, and from the angle of the picture it looks like it goes straight down, it could just be the photo though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom