Official "I aint ridin' Everest!" club

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I figure since everyone else on the site is busy talking about their excitement over Everest - and we're soon going to be bombarded with pictures and retellings of the entire ride second by second...

Who else isn't gonna ride it?

I don't mean the unfortunate "I can't get to WDW until June.." type not riding, but rather the folks, like me, who have no intention of ever riding it :)

Everyone has their reasons, from motions sickness :hurl: to back problems :dazzle: - what have you - but in short, we're not getting on it and that's ok!

That'll be our motto, we'll have shirts that say "I didn't ride Everest and i'm ok!" :cool:

We can sit around and discuss amoung ourselves the other upcoming events like the next Flower and Garden Festival or the finishing of the Living Seas project - seriously, why haven't we heard of a timeframe or anything for this?

Oo.. or maybe we can check out the fabulousness (is that a word?) of the new Tea Shop and DVC kiosk near everest? Maybe the giftshop will have little Yeti's for us to love and bring home.. aww.. how cute ;)

Anyone else gonna join me in my "happy for other people but personally not really excited I hope they have good merch to buy" party?

tink rules

ME!!!!

I can't... neck injury... but even so... I'm not the thrill seeker in this family. Sure... I'd go see the world's largest frying pan, but I can't get the feeling of throwing myself around on a machine. I don't throw myself down mountains skiing either... I do the apri ski and sip hot chocolate and hit the spa...

Glasgow

bsandersjr said:
NO WAY! I will ride it over and over again!

But, you do have an interesting idea though!

The shirts sound cool!
You can visit the secret trail by the smokers area instead

TheMagicMouse

I know where your coming from, I am going on it, but I can understand why you will not. Luckily enough for me, I don't get motion sick, or have back probelems, high blood pressure, etc. Even though I do not have any of those probelems I'm guessing I'll be feeling pretty edgy the first time I ride it, mostly because of the 80ft straight down drop that we all know and love! :lol:

Pongo

mousermerf said:
I figure since everyone else on the site is busy talking about their excitement over Everest - and we're soon going to be bombarded with pictures and retellings of the entire ride second by second...

Who else isn't gonna ride it?

I don't mean the unfortunate "I can't get to WDW until June.." type not riding, but rather the folks, like me, who have no intention of ever riding it :)

Everyone has their reasons, from motions sickness :hurl: to back problems :dazzle: - what have you - but in short, we're not getting on it and that's ok!

That'll be our motto, we'll have shirts that say "I didn't ride Everest and i'm ok!" :cool:

We can sit around and discuss amoung ourselves the other upcoming events like the next Flower and Garden Festival or the finishing of the Living Seas project - seriously, why haven't we heard of a timeframe or anything for this?

Oo.. or maybe we can check out the fabulousness (is that a word?) of the new Tea Shop and DVC kiosk near everest? Maybe the giftshop will have little Yeti's for us to love and bring home.. aww.. how cute ;)

Anyone else gonna join me in my "happy for other people but personally not really excited I hope they have good merch to buy" party?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merf, you're about to cross the freaky line.

TheMagicMouse

Pongo said:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Merf, you're about to cross the freaky line.

ha ha

Merf, no offense, don't take it personally, but I'm under the impression that you think that EE is going to fall apart whenever somebody rides it. :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Nah - things with drops just make me yarfy :)

I just find it funny everyone else is like "Whoo! Everest!!!!" and i'm like "I wonder if they have Yeti plush..."

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm not going to qualify, but I collect T-shirts that are rare... [and this one will probably be very rare] Can I get one even if I ride? :lol:

bhg469

mousermerf said:
Nah - things with drops just make me yarfy :)

I just find it funny everyone else is like "Whoo! Everest!!!!" and i'm like "I wonder if they have Yeti plush..."

Merf you and i are very much alike then. I HATE drops. It may be something to do with me not being in control of my own motion, although i love RnRC. I will probably ride everest once, just once though depending on how steep the drop is. I was very excited when disney made rnrc because it made me think that they were being innovative because everyone can make a ride with a drop but only disney can excite people without one. Oh well theres always the next e-ticket.

Not going on. It's not going to happen. Don't try to convince me how much fun it will be. If I listed the attractions that I have no intention of riding, you'd wonder why I go to WDW in the first place. For me, though, the magic has nothing to do with scaring the **** out of myself on a ride.

Where's my T-shirt?

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Hehe, we have to work on that :)

Maybe jsut baseball caps with a little "Mountain" icon with the a big NO circle with the line over it.

MissM

ConstanceIrene said:
Not going on. It's not going to happen. Don't try to convince me how much fun it will be. If I listed the attractions that I have no intention of riding, you'd wonder why I go to WDW in the first place. For me, though, the magic has nothing to do with scaring the **** out of myself on a ride.
DITTO! I don't ride Space Mountain, Splash Mountain, Rock 'n' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror.... NO WAY. (And don't you hate people who try to talk you into it? Buzz off people. I know what I like and what I don't so leave me alone about it!!)

Tinkrbell said:
I don't plan on riding it whenever I happen to get back down there. I hate roler coaster/ thrill rides.
Me neither.

Shame 'cause it looks interesting but I will NOT ride anything with ANY kind of drop. I can't stand it, I don't have any interest in it and I don't want to spend my time at Disney being miserable.

So sign me up. I don't do coasters or thrill rides either. At all. This one is another pass for me unfortunately.
-m

daveemtdave

Count myself, my wife and my one daughter in the NO WAY. My Oldest is looking forward to it; but then again she is in line for MF at Cedar Point as soon as we enter the park everytime we go.

dandaman

daveemtdave said:
Count myself, my wife and my one daughter in the NO WAY. My Oldest is looking forward to it; but then again she is in line for MF at Cedar Point as soon as we enter the park everytime we go.

Reminds me of me. :lol:

MF= 3rd fave ride anywhere, behind ToT & Soarin'

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom