October Role Call

Sorry guys but I had to start it. October is my favorite time to go to WDW! So who else will be there? When are you going? Where are you staying? Are you going to MNSSHP and if so, which night? If you're going, are you dressing up? Feel free to share any details.

We are going Oct. 7-15! And for the first time in all of our trips, we are staying off-site. We are going with another family who has never been before. They have 5 kids so it is more cost effective for us to share a rental house that is about 3 miles from the parks. Anyway, we are going to the Oct 10 MNSSHP, and can't wait. My 10yoDS is going as Jack Sparrow (of course) and 3yoDD is going as Snow White. Not sure if my 16yoDD is dressing up.

I think the thing that i am looking forward to the most is taking another family who has never been to WDW. I hope we can break them in well.

Anyway, who else will be there in October???:wave:

MASTER MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 15:
Sept 22:
Sept 29: SGT623,
Oct 2: IneedaWDWfix, Rhuarac, JimboJones123, WDWCMAmanda, Fallen Angel,
Oct 5: MouseearsDeb, Cindyrella, Master Yoda, New2WDW, Foolish Mortal, Burgstressera,tink68, rudilantfury
Oct 6: trr313, pocahontas79, MSTINKHERBELL01, Delly,
Oct 10: Buzz Lightyear, David, Senderella, DVC Dave, Space1205Mount, jchriscandy, asvt, imamouse, Jennih, ddrongowski,
Oct 12: Tinkrbell, David, Disney MDACK, parker kim, hardcard, parker kim
Oct 16: littlemom_3
Oct 17: PuckEars, WDWCMAmanda,
Oct 19:
Oct 20: disneygirl03, TiggerificChick, lunalovegoddess
Oct 23: meatloafsfan, Maleficent98,
Oct 24: jjgoo, dmperry134, patelaine1953, CMSomeday, ddbutts1
Oct 26: mikesoccer40, wedoada, diebolds,
Oct 27: stankly182, meatloafsfan,
Oct 30: blackerbys17, lulabell1972, tunaman68
Oct 31: sleepybear, luvthemagic, rob45, WDWCMAmanda, PetePan, AMartin767

Suggested Meet-n-Greet
Oct 5: Bridge from the hub to Tomorrowland, just after the first parade.
Oct 10: Haunted Mansion 8:00 for meet then ride!

rudilantfury

I'm going on my first WDW trip Oct 2nd-9th and were staying at the Pop Century and attending MNSSHP on the 5th. Looks like a nice group is going that night. I'm so excited. I got everything planned and set to go, it just needs to be October already!!! September needs to hurry up and move along *pushes September* MOOOOVE IT! LOL! :p

Upvote 0

JohnGry

We'll be there for the third year in a row in October... love this time of year! Staying at POFQ this year, doing the the DDP, all with ADR's well in advance. Thinking about doing MNSSHP, trying to fit it in. Disney has become such a family event!

Upvote 0

AutumnKlassic

I am so jealous! I wont be going this year but next year I am going for the first 2 weeks in October. For those of you that have been in the past what is the weather usually like? Can you go swimming without catching a cold? Mostly t-shirts or sweatshirts?

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
I am so jealous! I wont be going this year but next year I am going for the first 2 weeks in October. For those of you that have been in the past what is the weather usually like? Can you go swimming without catching a cold? Mostly t-shirts or sweatshirts?

October is pretty much perfect weather. Plenty warm for swimming the whole time, even swimming at night. I wear shorts and t-shirts the entire time. I do bring a pair of blue jeans and long-sleeve shirt but can't remember the last time I wore them. Definately not sweatshirt weather, unless something unusual happens.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

Schedule

Here is a link to AllEars for the 2006 MNSSHP schedule:
http://www.allearsnet.com/tp/mk/mnssh.htm

The first parade is listed at 8:15 pm. For those meeting on the bridge to tomorrowland on October 5th, is there an exact nook or cranny to meet at?

The link above listed the parade and it made it sound like the parade started in Frontierland, is this true?

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
How is this for a location?
map.jpg

I will be dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow and my wife and 3 girls (15,13,5) will be the ladies of the night from Tortuga so we should be pretty easy to spot.

Judging by the parade time of 8:15 we will more than likely be in good position to watch the fireworks together from the same spot at 9:30. If anyone knows a spot that would be better suited for this purpose please chime in and we can adjust accordingly.

For those that are on the fence about meeting other members I can tell you from experience that the meets are very informal ,flexible and quite fun. I can honestly say that I have never met a more enjoyable group of people in my life then the members of this board. No one gets upset if you just stop by and say hi. It is really hard to put into words the dynamic that happens at these meets but everyone seems to get along like old friends even though in most cases we are meeting face to face for the first time.

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

Let me say "I'm so sorry" in advance

arrive: 5Oct06 ~1000hours
depart: 15Oct06 ~1600hours

Theater of operations: Animal Kingdom Lodge

MNSSHP: 10Oct06 (not going to dress up, just give me the candy and noone gets hurt.)

Upvote 0

New2WDW

I will be dressed as Captain Jack Sparrow
Now you do realize EVERYONE is dressing up a Captain Jack! Well except me.:lol:

No one gets upset if you just stop by and say hi.
We will probably fall in this category, since I am not totally sure of my family's agenda that night being that is our last night in the world. But I plan on at least dropping by for a hello!

New2WDW and in 10 days New@WDW!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Now you do realize EVERYONE is dressing up a Captain Jack! Well except me.:lol:
I was actually told this last year when I planned on dressing as Captain Jack. Due to me leaving a rather large and not easily replaceable part to the costume at home as well as my wife's costume that she is wearing this year not arriving in time the wife and I went sans costumes. Upon arriving at MK there were quite a few pirates but the majority, in fact all that I saw, had costumes of the Party city pirate costume ilk. I went to great lengths to make a very accurate Captain Jack costume and was very upset about not wearing my costume even its incomplete state.

I have no doubt that I will be one of many Captain Jacks there this year but I am pretty confident that my costume will be rivaled only by the one worn by the cast member playing Captain Jack. But I will have 4 ladies from Tortuga accompanying me so I'll have scoreboard over him!:lol:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom