October Role Call

Sorry guys but I had to start it. October is my favorite time to go to WDW! So who else will be there? When are you going? Where are you staying? Are you going to MNSSHP and if so, which night? If you're going, are you dressing up? Feel free to share any details.

We are going Oct. 7-15! And for the first time in all of our trips, we are staying off-site. We are going with another family who has never been before. They have 5 kids so it is more cost effective for us to share a rental house that is about 3 miles from the parks. Anyway, we are going to the Oct 10 MNSSHP, and can't wait. My 10yoDS is going as Jack Sparrow (of course) and 3yoDD is going as Snow White. Not sure if my 16yoDD is dressing up.

I think the thing that i am looking forward to the most is taking another family who has never been to WDW. I hope we can break them in well.

Anyway, who else will be there in October???:wave:

MASTER MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 15:
Sept 22:
Sept 29: SGT623,
Oct 2: IneedaWDWfix, Rhuarac, JimboJones123, WDWCMAmanda, Fallen Angel,
Oct 5: MouseearsDeb, Cindyrella, Master Yoda, New2WDW, Foolish Mortal, Burgstressera,tink68, rudilantfury
Oct 6: trr313, pocahontas79, MSTINKHERBELL01, Delly,
Oct 10: Buzz Lightyear, David, Senderella, DVC Dave, Space1205Mount, jchriscandy, asvt, imamouse, Jennih, ddrongowski,
Oct 12: Tinkrbell, David, Disney MDACK, parker kim, hardcard, parker kim
Oct 16: littlemom_3
Oct 17: PuckEars, WDWCMAmanda,
Oct 19:
Oct 20: disneygirl03, TiggerificChick, lunalovegoddess
Oct 23: meatloafsfan, Maleficent98,
Oct 24: jjgoo, dmperry134, patelaine1953, CMSomeday, ddbutts1
Oct 26: mikesoccer40, wedoada, diebolds,
Oct 27: stankly182, meatloafsfan,
Oct 30: blackerbys17, lulabell1972, tunaman68
Oct 31: sleepybear, luvthemagic, rob45, WDWCMAmanda, PetePan, AMartin767

Suggested Meet-n-Greet
Oct 5: Bridge from the hub to Tomorrowland, just after the first parade.
Oct 10: Haunted Mansion 8:00 for meet then ride!

New2WDW

Costume Update:

I went ahead and broke down and bought my girls costumes...

My oldest will be Violet from the Incredibles and my youngest will be Belle in the traditional gold dress. The wife and I will seek the latest MNSSHP shirts and change into them on October 5th!

Foolish Mortal! I see that you will be at the ASMovies the same time! I believe you were officially the first person to welcome me to these boards, so maybe we will bump into each other!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

Delly

This thread has got me so excited :sohappy:
Will arrive at ASMovies on 26th Sept till 11 Oct and will be going to MNSSHP on the 6th Oct. This is even more special as I will be wearing my birthday badge that night as I turn 28 years young on the 6th:p Not sure about costmes yet though, will prob just get the latest t-shirt from the park and wear that. I am so exited as it's my first time at MNSSHP.
This will be my 3rd trip in October (first actually on site) and I have always loved it this time of year. The weather is great and the crowds not to big- perfect.
Hope everyone has a wonderful time x
14 days and counting

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

Oct 19-28th

We will be there Oct. 19-28. MNNSHP on 24th and Fireworks cruise on 25th!

My 3 y.o. daughter is going to be Jasmine and my wife is going to be the Queen of Hearts. I will wear Orange :lookaroun

Look forward to seeing the happy faces and meeting new people during the trip.

Aaron B.

Upvote 0

fredtom

Unfortunately, Oct. 1 is the day we leave... So, we'll be staying for a half day in October.
9/21-10/1

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

CMSomeday

Fantasmic on the 24th

Anybody else going to be doing the wave with me at the Fantasmic on the 24th? (I can't be the only one who plans the parks out ahead of time).

See you there! Aaron B.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Has anybody heard if any of the resorts are at compacity or if they still have plenty of open rooms for Oct.? I'm just wondering what the crowd levels will be like for October?!? I must say that the past few years have seemed busier than usual.

And for those of us who are driving there, I just saw gas here (East TN) for $2.29.:sohappy: (I never thought i would be so happy to see gas at that price :veryconfu ) That will save me a couple of extra dollars I can spend at DTD!!!

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Has anybody heard if any of the resorts are at compacity or if they still have plenty of open rooms for Oct.? I'm just wondering what the crowd levels will be like for October?!? I must say that the past few years have seemed busier than usual.

And for those of us who are driving there, I just saw gas here (East TN) for $2.29.:sohappy: (I never thought i would be so happy to see gas at that price :veryconfu ) That will save me a couple of extra dollars I can spend at DTD!!!
I would expect more of the same for this year as well. Attendance has been on a steady increase at WDW. Long gone are the days in October where it looked like the cast members out numbered the guests.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Hi buzz lighteryear I try to get a different discount than my AAA rate for one of the mod. resorts.( this was about 10 days ago now.) We are staying are staying at the coronado springs. The cast member told me our resort was book full for that week. So check port orleans riverside and caribbean beach and said they were also sold out. The only mod. resort with ava. was port orleans french quarter. Would have saved around another 150.00. But my childern and husband was not willing change.So hopfully it woun't be to bussy there Oct.8-15.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Hi buzz lighteryear I try to get a different discount than my AAA rate for one of the mod. resorts.( this was about 10 days ago now.) We are staying are staying at the coronado springs. The cast member told me our resort was book full for that week. So check port orleans riverside and caribbean beach and said they were also sold out. The only mod. resort with ava. was port orleans french quarter. Would have saved around another 150.00. But my childern and husband was not willing change.So hopfully it woun't be to bussy there Oct.8-15.

Thanks for the info. We are actually staying off property for the first time ever (see my sig.) because we are going with another family that has 5 kids. I have 3 kids so that adds up to a party of 12. I was just wondering about the resorts being booked up to gauge the crowds. Was POR and CB completely booked up or were there no rooms with discounts?

Upvote 0

Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal! I see that you will be at the ASMovies the same time! I believe you were officially the first person to welcome me to these boards, so maybe we will bump into each other!:lookaroun

Cool, absolutely :wave: I'll send ya a PM before our trips. < Wow that sounded good to say, trips getting closer.......:D

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
Hi again everyone. The Oct 10th MNSSHP has several people now, so I wanted to suggest a Meet-N-Greet. Imamouse suggested that we meet at the Haunted Mansion at 8:00 for a quick meet and then ride. I think that this is the perfect place b/c the HM always seems more special during the Halloween party. What does everyone else think?

We will firm this up closer to time. Who's in?

Upvote 0

bayoutinkbelle

Anybody else going to be doing the wave with me at the Fantasmic on the 24th? (I can't be the only one who plans the parks out ahead of time).

See you there! Aaron B.

I'll just miss you! I'll be at Fantasmic on the 27th. It'll give me time to digest that H&V meal. :slurp:

Welcome to the boards, BTW! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom