October 2009 Role Call!!!

October 2009 Roll Call!!!

Let's get it started in here!!!:sohappy: After several consecutive years of visiting WDW in October, my family skipped last year's visit in October and opted for a June trip. But this year, we simply cannot miss going "home" in October!!! The weather, the lower crowds, MNSSHP, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival....are just a few of the good reasons to visit in October. In the past, I've started a few October Role Calls to see who is going, where they are staying, how many days, if they are going to MNSSHP, and other good info. So I wanted to get us started again. Let's here it everyone!!!:wave:

My Trip: Myself and DW with our two kids (13 and 6), are going with two other families for a total of 12 in our party. (Sidenote: my oldest daughter(18) doesn't get to go due to school, but since she just finished completing the Disney College Program this month, I don't feel too bad. She got to live and work at WDW for 6 months!!!) Anyway, we are staying at All-Star Movies and our trip is from Oct 3-11 for 8 glorious days. We are also going to MNSSHP on Tuesday night the 6th. I can't wait. The adults haven't decided yet if we are dressing up or not. (Two years ago, the dads in this group dressed up as the hitch-hiking ghost and we had a blast!!!)

So to sum it up:
3 families that make up 12 people.
October 3-11 for 8 days.
All-Star Movies.
MNSSHP: October 6th. (I will try to list everyone on the nights they are going.)

So let's hear it. Who else is going to make an October trip this year!!!:sohappy: (BTW: If your trip laps over into Sept or Nov, that counts too!!!)

MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 29: betteratmk, jjbuster2,
Oct 1: kitten2299, EnchantedRose, mickey7879,
Oct 2: Cmdr Crimson, Highland Holly,
Oct 6: Buzz Lightyear, disneyfamilyjd, LowesChevy, tink 2304, CaptJacksFamily, Ilovewishes6, hsb1970, VT GAL, baswan, kaykay1010,
Oct 8: tink68, Kristia, Donfan, djpoore94
Oct 9: fizzle75, TINKERLOR, krankenstein,
Oct 12: sleepybear,
Oct 13: need2go2wdw, adrianuk91, scrappymel, dormouse72, C&B Young,
Oct 15: PrincessK,
Oct 18: zandalee, FBullock, Rogue21,
Oct 20: Pasq20, yankspy, sorceresssamara, adrianuk91,
Oct 22: JillC LI, PJG
Oct 23:
Oct 25: MrDisney16, surfsupdon, faeryhollow, danv3
Oct 27: Ierino80, bracjeff,
Oct 29: RJR7226
Oct 31: jonty666, Shadowdawn, StitchMom84, Mrs. Jobson, Finallyin09, corey154, arctrixie,

RJR7226

We are going for our First time in OCTOBER!! Usually we go in June. Im excited I hear good things about october....less crowds, better weather! We are going october 24-november 1st and staying at Old Key West 3 bedroom resort! we are going to attend MNSSHP, but are deciding on the day! i'll keep you posted!

Upvote 0

Uncle Buck

October Trip

Saw your post and had to reply. I too will be there in October. I am lucky and try to get there several times every year and I have never got tired of it.

This time I invited a group of 5 other couples to join us on a 5 day trip to enjoy ALL the aspects of the Internation Food & Wine Festival. No kids so it should be fun. We are all staying at the Beach Club so we can stroll to WS with no transportation needed.

I really enjoy getting some first timers hooked on Disney. This time 3 out of the 5 couples are first timers so I hope to once again be able to share the magic.

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
We are going for our First time in OCTOBER!! Usually we go in June. Im excited I hear good things about october....less crowds, better weather! We are going october 24-november 1st and staying at Old Key West 3 bedroom resort! we are going to attend MNSSHP, but are deciding on the day! i'll keep you posted!

Be sure to let me know what night you are attending the MNSSHP so I can put you on the list!!!

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
As of yesterday, we were 90 days out, so I am very happy to report that the ADRs are made!!!!!:sohappy:

Making the ADRs seems to make the trip more real. And I cant believe that were are just 3 months from our trip. It will be here before we know it.

Anyone else made their ADRs?

Slight thread drift: Thoughts and prayers go out to the family of the monorail driver.

Upvote 0

LowesChevy

I would also like to extend my prayers to the driver and his family...

Second of all, I am happy my adrs are in the books. I woke up at 5:20 yesterday to make them online. It was pretty darn easy, definetely worth waking up so early. The only adr I was shut out of was The Plaza Oct 6 because of MNSSHP, no doubt. I snagged a spot at Tony's and I will continue to check availability. I nabbed all of the adrs I wanted within 5-10 mins, sweeet!

It seems like the trip is just around the corner...I can't wait :p

Upvote 0

Buzz Lightyear

Original Poster
I would also like to extend my prayers to the driver and his family...

Second of all, I am happy my adrs are in the books. I woke up at 5:20 yesterday to make them online. It was pretty darn easy, definetely worth waking up so early. The only adr I was shut out of was The Plaza Oct 6 because of MNSSHP, no doubt. I snagged a spot at Tony's and I will continue to check availability. I nabbed all of the adrs I wanted within 5-10 mins, sweeet!

It seems like the trip is just around the corner...I can't wait :p

I wanted to use the new computer reservation system also, but we were visiting family and didn't have computer access. Therefore, we got up at 5:45 and started calling at 5:59. We got thru on the first call and had all our ADRs in about 15 minutes. Quick and painless.

We are gonna surprise the kids with breakfast at Chef Mickeys, the morning before we go to MNSSHP. We figured an early breakfast, back to the resort to swim a little, and then a long nap before the Halloween party. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Upvote 0

PrincessK

I'll be there Oct 14-18 with a MNSSHP on the 15th! We'll be staying at the Bay Lake Towers and I can't wait.

My mom will also be with me. Her s/n is PollyNesion. :sohappy:

Upvote 0

thetodd

Oct. 24th. - 27th. at the Poly.:sohappy: And we get to make our 90+10 ADR's this Sunday. :sohappy::sohappy: We haven't been to Disney in Oct. for a number of years and are doing MNSSHP again, I can't wait.

Upvote 0

CRad1028

I'll be staying at POR Oct 11 to Oct 20 for our honeymoon. I think I am more excited about disney than the wedding :p I have made all of our ADRS Ohana, Le Cellier, California Grill, Kona Cafe, and Yatchman Steakhouse. Well, we decided not to go to the MNSHP but hopefully we will make it to MVMCP next year. I love it the break from the Connecticut cold and all the Christmas decoration in December.

Upvote 0

ligarced

we are going oct 12-18 and staying at akl jambo house 2 bedroom villa. Its me my husband 3 daughters 7,5,&2 and my sister. Its her 20 birthday while we are there. We have the military salute tickets adn added the dining plan on. We arent going to MNSSHP due to funds. We have the two older girls set up for the pirate cruise from the GF. We are also going to eat our way around EPCOT lol. I can't wait.

Upvote 0

Jessie&Buzz

we are going oct 12-18 and staying at akl jambo house 2 bedroom villa. Its me my husband 3 daughters 7,5,&2 and my sister. Its her 20 birthday while we are there. We have the military salute tickets adn added the dining plan on. We arent going to MNSSHP due to funds. We have the two older girls set up for the pirate cruise from the GF. We are also going to eat our way around EPCOT lol. I can't wait.

We are using the Military Salute tickets w/dining. My kids are also doing the pirate cruise at the GF. They can't wait! It's too bad you are leaving on our first full day. Have a great time!

Upvote 0

Ilovewishes

After a 2 year break from Disney :)() we are heading home 3 Oct to 17 Oct. We're staying offsite this time as my parents, brother and aunt and uncle are coming with DH and I, but it's only my parents and brother's second visit so we are all v.v.excited! They last came with us in 2005 so there is so much new stuff to show them! Can't wait to see it all again through their eyes!

Oh, and we are planning on going to MNSSHP on 6 Oct! Just got to persuade everyone to get into costume for it now!:sohappy:​

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom