October 2009 Role Call!!!

October 2009 Roll Call!!!

Let's get it started in here!!!:sohappy: After several consecutive years of visiting WDW in October, my family skipped last year's visit in October and opted for a June trip. But this year, we simply cannot miss going "home" in October!!! The weather, the lower crowds, MNSSHP, Epcot's Food & Wine Festival....are just a few of the good reasons to visit in October. In the past, I've started a few October Role Calls to see who is going, where they are staying, how many days, if they are going to MNSSHP, and other good info. So I wanted to get us started again. Let's here it everyone!!!:wave:

My Trip: Myself and DW with our two kids (13 and 6), are going with two other families for a total of 12 in our party. (Sidenote: my oldest daughter(18) doesn't get to go due to school, but since she just finished completing the Disney College Program this month, I don't feel too bad. She got to live and work at WDW for 6 months!!!) Anyway, we are staying at All-Star Movies and our trip is from Oct 3-11 for 8 glorious days. We are also going to MNSSHP on Tuesday night the 6th. I can't wait. The adults haven't decided yet if we are dressing up or not. (Two years ago, the dads in this group dressed up as the hitch-hiking ghost and we had a blast!!!)

So to sum it up:
3 families that make up 12 people.
October 3-11 for 8 days.
All-Star Movies.
MNSSHP: October 6th. (I will try to list everyone on the nights they are going.)

So let's hear it. Who else is going to make an October trip this year!!!:sohappy: (BTW: If your trip laps over into Sept or Nov, that counts too!!!)

MNSSHP LIST:
Sept 29: betteratmk, jjbuster2,
Oct 1: kitten2299, EnchantedRose, mickey7879,
Oct 2: Cmdr Crimson, Highland Holly,
Oct 6: Buzz Lightyear, disneyfamilyjd, LowesChevy, tink 2304, CaptJacksFamily, Ilovewishes6, hsb1970, VT GAL, baswan, kaykay1010,
Oct 8: tink68, Kristia, Donfan, djpoore94
Oct 9: fizzle75, TINKERLOR, krankenstein,
Oct 12: sleepybear,
Oct 13: need2go2wdw, adrianuk91, scrappymel, dormouse72, C&B Young,
Oct 15: PrincessK,
Oct 18: zandalee, FBullock, Rogue21,
Oct 20: Pasq20, yankspy, sorceresssamara, adrianuk91,
Oct 22: JillC LI, PJG
Oct 23:
Oct 25: MrDisney16, surfsupdon, faeryhollow, danv3
Oct 27: Ierino80, bracjeff,
Oct 29: RJR7226
Oct 31: jonty666, Shadowdawn, StitchMom84, Mrs. Jobson, Finallyin09, corey154, arctrixie,

yankspy

10/18-10/25 for us. It will be my son's first trip. We are staying at the BCV. The cast is wife, son, me, mom, dad, sister, brother-in-law. I will be attending my first MNSSHP on the 20th.:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JillC LI

Oct. 19-25 for us

It'll be our second family trip to DW. Kids will be 7 and 9. Currently booked at Pop Century but thinking about switching to CBR. Tentatively planning MNSSHP on 10/22. Can't wait! trying to finalize our itinerary so we can make our ADRs in a few weeks.
Jill

Upvote 0

LivFreeorDisney

The trip starts October 22nd with a three night cruise on the Disney Wonder. After that we will arrive at Kidani Village on the 25th and leaving the 30th.

It will be me, wife, daughter (16 months old), father in law and mother in law staying in a two bedroom villa.

We did MNSSHP in 2007 and I can still clearly hear the Boo 2 You song in my head. So we will not be returning for it again this year. But I am looking forward to the food and wine festival since we've missed it in the past.

This is our first time going on October. We've visited in November twice and September once. We're hoping that its warmer than in November but cooler than in September.:p Since our child is still young we've been able to go in the off season for the last three years and we love it. Last year we ran into a cold front in November and it chilled our vacation a little since we couldn't go swimming but we still had a great time.

I hope you all have a great trip!!

Upvote 0
:sohappy: We're going Sept.26 - Oct.4 and staying at POP, DS's favorite!! We'll be at MNSSHP for the first time on Sept.29th. Can't wait!!!Need to make ADR's alittle nervous!

Upvote 0

EaglesfanNJ

:sohappy: Sept 27th - Oct 3rd for us! All Star Music, we will be celebrating our first born child's first trip to the world...she will be 1 year 2 mo's at the time of the trip. We will be doing MNSSHP, not sure which date though. ADR's being made 1 week from today, please cross your fingers for me! I'll be up at 6:30 that morning, calling at 7 am sharp! I've read some negative and some positive about the online dining reservations, so i've decided not to take the chance.

If everyone is planning some kind of meet please post and let me know!

Upvote 0

Shadowdawn

Since our Disney cruise comes back into port on Halloween, we decided to stay that night and go to MNSSHP, so me and the boyfriend will be there 10/31-11/01. We'll be back at POFQ, our favorite!

Upvote 0

DBlackwell

Going over Columbus Day weekend (OCT 9-12) for a quick weekend trip. Got annual passes & DVC, so the wife says "it only costs a couple plane tickets...." Kids have don't have school for some reason.

So why not?

We're booked.

Upvote 0

Kristia

My hubbie and I going for our first October trip to the World this year! We are going from Oct 3-10 and will be staying at The Wilderness Lodge. We are also going to MNSSHP on Oct 8th. Come to think of it, that is 3 firsts for us. We have never been to the party and have also never stayed in the WL before.

Upvote 0

StitchMom84

We're there Oct 25th-Nov 1st. Hubby, Daughter, 6 yr old grandaughter and myself. Will celebrate our 36th anniversary ( anniversary is actually on Nov 3rd). POFQ third year in a row ( love it!) MNSSHP on the Halloween!!!

Upvote 0

fizzle75

We'll be there from October 3rd-10th at Pop Century, it will be our first stay in a value resort. We are going to MNSSHP on our last night, Friday October 9th. This will be our second October visit, the last one being in October of 2007. We absolutely LOVED both The Epcot Food & Wine Festival and MNSSHP. The only frustrating part was the substantial amount of rain we experienced...every...single...day. On our last night we went to MNSSHP and it rained almost the entire time. They ended up cancelling the first run of Boo To You and the Villains Mix & Mingle and almost cancelled Hallowishes, thankfully they didn't because next to Wishes it is our favorite Magic Kingdom fireworks show...it is absolutely amazing, and we listen to the soundtrack all of the time.

I still keep hoping for a special Halloween parade at Disney's Hollywood Studios featuring Jack Skellington.

Upvote 0

canedogs06

the bride to be and I will be celebrating our honeymoon at disney 10/24/09-11/1/09. 3 nights at akl and 5 nights at csr wit ddp. and we will be attending the mnsshp just have to decide the date.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom