Oct 2010 Roll Call Too Early??

cemeb4dk

Sorry I just checked my vacation countdown widget and it stated 403 long days til our 11 days at the world. It seems so long away from now, because it is. But we did go last Thanksgiving for 11 days and then a cruise in February. So we did our trips early and this year and late last year and when we sat down to decide when to go again, we decided over Halloween. So we will be going OCt25 to Nov 5. Hopefully staying at the beachclub in a 1 bedroom need to wait til Nov for my 11 month window. It was a tough choice for us between Halloween and Christmas we love both, but we thought the weather is more predictable near Halloween and I like the halloween party better than the Christmas one. Both are awesome but Halloween is a bit better we think.

So anyone else going next Halloween:wave:

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
31 days for us.

For those going sooner I hope the weather cooperates. We started my daughters 50 days countdown calender on day 50 and we are almost half way thru it, wow time is flying.

I am really looking forward to this trip. I know its because with my daughter almost being 5, she is tall enough to ride almost everything, and she is as excited as I am. I have been showing her ride videos on youtube so that she has an idea about all the rides she has not ridden yet. Shes excited about Splash and Big thunder. On the fence about TOT. We are both excited and driving mom nuts as she does not get excited til we just about leave.

Upvote 0

fredtom

We'll be home soon!!!

VacationCountCol.gif

old_key_west.jpg

30 Days and counting...
12 hrs 47 min 19 secs Vacation you selected is:
Disney's Old Key West Resort

"An Adventurer's life is best!" :lol:

Upvote 0

828tnt

I'll be checking in late on Friday, Oct 8th and hanging around in Epcot with a dear friend to enjoy the festival for a long weekend (through Oct 11th). I'm so excited- I've never been able to go to the festival prior to this year. See you all there! :-D

we get there that saturday, say hi! i'll be wearing a wdwmagic tshirt, and participating in f&w......:D

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Getting into the final countdown mode. Much has to be done this weekend and next weekend to get ready. I won't have much time during the week due to work and school. I have all my checklists ready and nearly completed. All I really need to do is pack and pick up new shorts for DD. She outgrew her spring/Summer shorts with only a few more weeks in the season.

Upvote 0
countdown

leaving on Oct 8 which happens to be our 5 yr wedding anniversary. staying 10 days and staying at coronado springs. We go every year and cant wait to get back there again.

Upvote 0

McMickey Mouse

Staying offsite as usual but at Windsor Hills this time. MK on the 8th and looking forward to MNSSHP on the 11th. All depends on flights of course leave Angola on the the 5th. Arrive home in Scotland Wednesday the 6th in the afternoon, quick sleep then fly off to the US early Morning on the 7th Oct for 2 weeks. 13 sleeps to go.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

11 days

Arriving October 6. Staying 8 nights at BLT! Doing MNSHP the 7th. Can't believe how close we are. Online check in tomorrow, woohoo!
:sohappy:

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

Arriving October 6. Staying 8 nights at BLT! Doing MNSHP the 7th. Can't believe how close we are. Online check in tomorrow, woohoo!
:sohappy:

I am in the same boat. Hope to see you at the Halloween party. However, I am now watching Matthew much closer. More models are showing consistency that it will return to a strong hurricane and pass over central FL on Oct 5th/6th time frame. Hoping those models are wrong.

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

I am in the same boat. Hope to see you at the Halloween party. However, I am now watching Matthew much closer. More models are showing consistency that it will return to a strong hurricane and pass over central FL on Oct 5th/6th time frame. Hoping those models are wrong.
Oh no! I'll keep my eye on that. Thank you for the heads up. Fingers crossed.

Upvote 0

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
I am hoping those models are wrong, too, and promising myself to return to our usual "late October/early November" timeframe, where weather is rarely an issue!

Upvote 0

ddrongowski

DIT DIT DIT DIT DIT DIT!!!!!

From the weater channel....

"Updated: September 27, 2010 11:30 am ET
So, Matthew has "officially" dissipated. "

that is all....

DIT DIT DIT DIT DIT DIT!!!!!

and a little more info

Storm Matthew Floods Central America; Threat To U.S. Low

By CHAD HEMENWAY
Published 9/27/2010 Subscribe to Property & Casualty
Print This ArticleReturn To ArticleNormal TextLarge TextEmail Share

NU Online News Service, Sept. 27, 2:30 p.m. EDT
Tropical Storm Matthew struck Central America twice over the weekend, but the good news for the U.S. is that the now unnamed storm system is not expected to reemerge into the Gulf of Mexico where it could intensify.

Late last week modelers said there was a chance the storm could make its way back into the Gulf, intensify due to warm sea surface temperatures and eventually strike the west coast of Florida.

The National Hurricane Center gives the storm system a 30 percent chance of again developing into a tropical cyclone within the next 48 hours.

Tropical Storm Matthew was the 13th named storm of the 2010 Atlantic hurricane season. It made landfall in a sparsely populated area at the border of Honduras and Nicaragua on Sept. 24 and then made a second landfall in Belize the next day and was downgraded to a tropical depression, according to a report from Guy Carpenter.

The storm brought heavy rainfall to the affected countries, causing flash floods and landslides. More rainfall was expected for Belize, Guatemala and Mexico. Downed trees were reported in Belize.

In Yajalon, Mexico, officials said 215 homes were damaged and 1,000 families were moved to shelters, Guy Carpenter reported.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

Original Poster
ok its not officially Nov, but it will still occur during our trip 10/24-11/4. The shuttle launch is planned for 11/1 at 4:40 pm. With only a few remaining missions left, I'm kinda excited and hopefully it doesn't get delayed. We did a Disney cruise in Feb 09 and it was suppose to launch our last day and it got pushed back.

Upvote 0

BigRedDad

DO NOT THINK THE TROPICAL SYSTEM IS OVER FOR EARLY OCTOBER!!!

There is nothing set in stone, but don't think because Matthew is gone that there is nothing on the radar. The conditions in the Gulf are the absolute worst they can be for system growth impacting FL. The strong High pressure system off the east coast of FL and the Low pressure system over the Midwest are creating a massive channel to suck all tropical weather from the Gulf across FL. It is not Matthew you need to worry about. It is the storm systems between Cuba and South America.

I am not saying there is a definite chance for a hurricane or tropical storm. All I am saying is the conditions are the absolute best for storm development and the path is FL. Just keep an eye out, see what develops over the coming days, and be prepared.

I am in the same boat. I am supposed to be flying in to MCO the day the next storm is expected to hit Central FL.

Upvote 0

enoe01

We will be at WDW Oct 29 - Nov 2nd. I will have my WDWMagic button/pin on my black and grey camera backpack. Hope to see someone then.

Erik:sohappy:

Upvote 0

bmarkelon

5 more days!!

I don't know what to do with myself! We just shipped our luggage Fed-ex so I am ready to go now! I really hope these last 5 days go by quickly. Happy to see these storms passing now. Weather is looking great for the start of our trip, especially for our Halloween party on the 7th!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom