Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

puntagordabob

wow...so many posts...and here I was thinking maybe something cool was going to happen...thus far other than park maps, buttons, and some rare characters there is nothing to read other than jokes and hate.

Look I understand that Meg has not been perceived a positive force at WDW and all that.... but Must it be in every thread? Please No....

My Prediction: nothing really special happens. Either that, or nothing "special enough". Then, a lot of people get mad on here and post pages about "what they should have done".

:lookaroun

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
My Prediction: nothing really special happens. Either that, or nothing "special enough". Then, a lot of people get mad on here and post pages about "what they should have done".

yes... or *see D23 Parks and Resorts panel thread. :lol: :lookaroun

boufa

wow...so many posts...and here I was thinking maybe something cool was going to happen...thus far other than park maps, buttons, and some rare characters there is nothing to read other than jokes and hate.

Look I understand that Meg has not been perceived a positive force at WDW and all that.... but Must it be in every thread? Please No....

The faster a thread breaks down the less substance there is to it. In all honesty, there is nothing actually known about the plans... that is why the jokes started. There are rumors and there are conjecture, but no solid info yet.

If there were major plans, then I think something would have leaked by now, since more people would have to been involved. The more people, the more likely a leak. The less leaks, the less complex the event, if anything at all. EVERYTHING is guesses... the only thing Disney has said is that something is going to be done.

bjlc57

the Big Announcement is that there is no announcement.. its still the year of WE AIN'T DOIN' NOTHING.. come and spend your money and enjoy..

Tigger1988

the Big Announcement is that there is no announcement.. its still the year of WE AIN'T DOIN' NOTHING.. come and spend your money and enjoy..

Are you dense or just ignoring the people who have repeatedly pointed out that WE AINT DOIN NOTHING = we are doing something?

CountryBearFan

Just like every other thread on this site.

I fully agree. Behaviors like that make this and other forums uncomfortable to go to.

bjlc57

why don't you ask Lee or Raven, of how many "green lit" projects, have stalled and died in the last 10 years? how many "get your hopes up" for this or that have died under bean counters saying "there isn't enough profit per unit"...

go ahead.. tell us again how even the Yeti is totally and completely functional, because we all know its not..

go ahead and tell us that there aren't cutbacks left and right that take just a little magic away with each and every cutback..

tell us that the mono rail is there for us at any time.. including late into the night..

that you can go to hollywood studio and see Phanstasmic any night you are in the park..

that the D23 announcement for the Disney World park contained true expansion and new and exciting rides for each park.. FOR ANY PARK...

Tell us all how AK is now a full time park..

Tell us all how Hollywood Studios is a full time park..

or that the bean counters aren't watching each and every glass of soda that you drink..

or that they aren't going to start to monitor you throughout the park..

or that a Disney World jewel, the Adventurers' club is reopening for all to see...

you go ahead and tell me that each and every statement I posted here is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNTRUE and I will stop.. and I will totally and completely change my tune.

because the past decade plus of actions. since the day that Frank Wells died on a mountain top, the total and complete atmosphere has changed from one of "Walt's view.." to one of a bean counters view.. and since that day.. the direction of the parks has changed 180 degrees..

and now has totally and completely come to a halt...

Tigger1988

Pretty sure you can't see "Phanstasmic" anywhere.

Regardless, your ever so clever "WE AIN'T DOIN NOTHING" actually means they are doing something. You don't seem to grasp the concept of double negatives.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
why don't you ask Lee or Raven, of how many "green lit" projects, have stalled and died in the last 10 years? how many "get your hopes up" for this or that have died under bean counters saying "there isn't enough profit per unit"...

go ahead.. tell us again how even the Yeti is totally and completely functional, because we all know its not..

go ahead and tell us that there aren't cutbacks left and right that take just a little magic away with each and every cutback..

tell us that the mono rail is there for us at any time.. including late into the night..

that you can go to hollywood studio and see Phanstasmic any night you are in the park..

that the D23 announcement for the Disney World park contained true expansion and new and exciting rides for each park.. FOR ANY PARK...

Tell us all how AK is now a full time park..

Tell us all how Hollywood Studios is a full time park..

or that the bean counters aren't watching each and every glass of soda that you drink..

or that they aren't going to start to monitor you throughout the park..

or that a Disney World jewel, the Adventurers' club is reopening for all to see...

you go ahead and tell me that each and every statement I posted here is TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY UNTRUE and I will stop.. and I will totally and completely change my tune.

because the past decade plus of actions. since the day that Frank Wells died on a mountain top, the total and complete atmosphere has changed from one of "Walt's view.." to one of a bean counters view.. and since that day.. the direction of the parks has changed 180 degrees..

and now has totally and completely come to a halt...

Well, first, FANTASMIC has increased the number of viewings weekly. But if you prefer Phantasmic in your own little realm, more power to you.

And Lee said there wasn't going to be any major announcements for D23 and WDW, so those inflated hopes of yours were just that.

And Frank Wells died in 1994. Animal Kingdom opened in 1998. But I suppose an entire new park doesn't count in your little realm either.

As for Hollywood Studios, I've never had any difficulty being there all day, particularly when I get to watch FANTASMIC as the end of the evening.

But hey, keep up the simply glorious prattle. Imminently amusing as always. :wave:

bjlc57

keep apologising for this current Disney World adminstration.. soon it will be just you and them.. who believe in them..

but guess what more people are questioning just like me..

and it growing by day..

and don't say this stuff, because I hate Walt Disney World..

I say this stuff, because I really really love the place.. and I am sick and tired of seeing the magic disappear..

this place has over the years, given me hope, when I had none.. it was a place were an abusive parent.. was never abusive.. where I could actually believe in real dreams.. a place where I have never had a bad day.. and I have had tons of very bad days..

the one place where my father.. who beat me.. and emotionally abused me, smiled..

a place of solstus . a place of saftey.. of joy... of protection..

you need to know the rest of the story.. to understand, why I want Disney World to be its very best for the rest of my lifetime..

what the place truly means to me.. and why I am disturbed by the direction it is going..

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
No one has been defending the current administration, but they're also not going to your hyperbolic extremes.

And no amusement park can act as a form of catharsis, regardless of the name above the gate.

boufa

So long as you continue to reward them with your money then there is nothing that will ever change.

Change... things change, people who focus on the losses always forget about the additions. The take the small losses and make them bigger than they are. I know I am going to get flamed, but DON'T SPEND 1 SINGLE CENT ON THE DANG YETI!!!!!! If it was working 100% it would only marginally add to the ride, and would not be worth the money or the downtime. So few people even know what the Yeti is supposed to do, they would not gain much if anything if they fixed it.

Monorail hours are a great example of a small thing that gets blown out of proportion. Few people are truly inconvenienced by the cut backs.

The adventurers club was a victim of circumstances. Could it come back, maybe, could it stand on its own, maybe. Is that a true loss, yep, but it was a victim of being a part of the doomed PI.

I will only finish by saying that some of the details and the things that have been added, certainly don't have the flash of a whole new park, or a major e-ticket, but I appreciate what they have done.

Honestly...what has Disney done that's so bad?

I honestly don't think it's the parks that are to blame, it's the internet. We all can get info and links so quickly now that it's almost impossible for Disney to keep up.

Parts of attractions have always been faulty. Who knows how long things went untouched back in 1971. There could've been Small World dolls that were left motionless for years but nobody would know cause they weren't there documenting it on a day to day basis. And it wasn't instantly zapped in front of people's faces every single second of every single day.

(Moving away from the internet topic but I'll get back to it in a minute.)

We're also living in a pretty difficult economy and Disney has felt some of that. And if you've ever played Roller Coaster Tycoon then you know, if your park is losing money how do you make it up? Raise your gate prices and your food prices. Once you're back where you need to be you can lower the prices again and people think it's great so they buy more...

New attractions coming every year to every park? Keep dreaming. Once again, our economy sucks.

As far as show and entertainment cutbacks. You see them everyday in other theme parks, I live near Carowinds and they cut back to only running their kids show twice a day and only having their ice show run through the summer. Not far from me either in Dollywood you're seeing the same thing. It's just the economy showing its face again. You'll just have to wait for finanical problems to be fixed. I'm pretty sure that in your life you're cutting back on how many movies you go out and see and how many DVDs you're buying...just saying.

And my final point. Princesses, Pixar, Stitch, and Disney Channel. They're here to stay. People know and love them. Disney is one of those, "Once in a lifetime," destinations for most people. We on here can't seem to grasp that most of the time. But those are things you just have to get used to.

(Back to our originally scheduled internet topic/point/whatever)

All these aforementioned things are also made worse because we can once again complain and constantly see them in real time. Disney has no break to introduce new things, most of us on here know about new attractions when they're still in planning stages.

Don't bag on the company for how it's ran. Disney is so vast they they're trying to please the entire family. Disney Channel for the tweens, Princesses for little girls, Cars for little boys, and still trying to maintain all the classics that each generation has grew up with. It's a lot to try and squeeze into one place.

It's not Disney who's to blame, it's the constant blah, blah, blah that we're all guilty of. It won't stop but just sit back and think of this the next time you begin to write something, "You can't please everyone."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom