Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

Not really. The rumor for a new land at AK has been circulating almost since day one. Given the parks young age, huge availability of land and lack of attractions a new land was all but inevitable.

And now I read that there was a parcel of land set aside for Australia at one point, and that is where many believe the new Avatar will go. HMMMM. Too coincidental. Had it been rumored that something was going on there more than a few months ago... no connection, but it was very recent.

TinkerBell9988

Just to your left is the door that will lead you out of your cave. The avatar thing cannot be any bigger. Maybe they missed the exact date by a few days, but close enough. And if the avatar deal is not big enough then you certainly have to re-evaluate your standards.

Even if you don't like avatar, it is still a significant addition, and a significant announcement. 5 years from now we will be discussing what they are going to do for the 45th, since they announced Avatar at the 40th (it might even be under construction by then)

Hey - I don't think the OP was referring to the Avatar announcement... The Avatar announcement is separate from any kind of events happening on October 1. The cave comment was a little harsh...

Yes, Avatar is a big deal. But it has no connection to WDW's 40th anniversary or any events that might be happening that day (i.e. character meet and greets, artist signings, special fireworks, giveaways, etc).

Be nicer... this thread is not about AVATAR. It's about the 40th anniversary of Walt Disney World. :wave:

friendofafriend

Not speaking for Martin, but given earlier statements from character attendants that rare characters will be out on 10/1 . . .

I heard from a friend at MK that, as of this afternoon, a number of characters have been cut for Saturday. They cited budget as the reason. I don't have too many specifics but it appears the cuts are mostly face characters. Maybe Drew will have more info?

drew81

I heard from a friend at MK that, as of this afternoon, a number of characters have been cut for Saturday. They cited budget as the reason. I don't have too many specifics but it appears the cuts are mostly face characters. Maybe Drew will have more info?

Sorry, I don't have any info on it.:shrug:

I would be shocked to see really old or retired characters but stranger things have happened. Case in point- Dreamfinder and Figment and the WDW D23 event.

drew81

Expect to see 60 characters come down Main Street at 10am with the trolley behind them. They will be headed to the castle and Meg Crofton will be giving a speech.

jt04

Expect to see 60 characters come down Main Street at 10am with the trolley behind them. They will be headed to the castle and Meg Crofton will be giving a speech.

A speech? Interesting.

And considering the announcement of a couple days ago I would say that her recent promotion is already yeilding dividends for WDW. :)

disneypearl

I wish I could be there for the 40th! I will have to make a cake or something and put on a WDW dvd at home. That way I will still have a celebration. Glad to see a lot of you will be there! Should be a fun day! :)

etwtec

I assume we are just talking about a very short and non exciting pre parade/cavalcade for Celebrate A Dream Come True?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom