Oct 1st - special surprises at MK?

MickeyDent

OK, honestly....We have the FLE which should be pretty awesome IMO, the Pandora land coming to AK, what more do they really need?? I personally would prefer them to finish the current projects prior to starting anything new. Tired of seeing scrims and walls.

As far as the 40th goes, I'm happy with a the ceremony and the Wishes finale. Cupcakes are a nice gesture but I would prefer Disney put the money into the parks rather than a spectacle. If they can use that money to get FLE done sooner, then by all means do THAT instead of some grand show or whatever...

InsiderImagine

Really? Not according to what I have heard. Have you heard anything different??

October 1st would be an excellent time to debut the new afternoon parade. Disney has announced that surprises are in store for guests arriving in MK.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did debut the new afternoon parade on the 40th.

asianway

October 1st would be an excellent time to debut the new afternoon parade. Disney has announced that surprises are in store for guests arriving in MK.

I would, that would require rehearsals - something would have leaked by now. The most we can hope for is a pre-parade of some sort.

jrh1985

I would, that would require rehearsals - something would have leaked by now. The most we can hope for is a pre-parade of some sort.

CADCT is runing Saturday, so no all new parade yet. Maybe MK will give us a new version of CADCT?? For some reason I can't see MK doing a Pre Parade for the
40th. Anything dealing with the 40th would fit better in CADCT IMO. I was a little suprised when I saw on wdwent.com that CADCT is still starting in Town Square on Sat. I would of guess it would start at Splash for the 40th.

I hate to repeat a question from another post but what's going on with MISICI Thurs and Fri?

jjnshane

I agree -- I doubt a big new parade will be debuted this Saturday. I have a few friends in Entertainment (specifically parades) at MK and a new parade requires overnight rehearsals, which someone usually mentions, at least in passing. Now I can see some sort of mini parade or pre parade on Saturday. Maybe it is rehearsal for this that is going on Thursday and Friday backstage during the day and that is why there are only two runs of MiSiCi on Thursday (5:40 & 7:00) and one run on Friday (5:40).:shrug:

menamechris

Really? Not according to what I have heard. Have you heard anything different??

Yeah, I have been told at least another year of CDCT. I also asked about MiSiCi - and supposedly entertainment does not want to mess with it right now given its popularity. Apparently, it is testing really well with guests - who knew?

TTA94

Yeah, I have been told at least another year of CDCT. I also asked about MiSiCi - and supposedly entertainment does not want to mess with it right now given its popularity. Apparently, it is testing really well with guests - who knew?

:hurl:
----
Perhaps they will return the Show Stop for CADCT? Not necessarily the same song. Maybe "Remember The Magic" :)

JustInTime

Ugh.

Well, I heard it wouldn't have debuted until late next year anyway? Either way, I won't hold my breath.

jlg263

I know that some of my Emporium friends have special assignments for the 40th but no one will tell them exactly what they're doing...it's a mystery. I guess we'll see! :shrug:

Scuttle

Highly unlikely. As others have said, way to many people are involved in a parade for it to not leak.

antem

The DisneyParks twitter feed posted some details for the date:

Magic Kingdom will celebrate its 40th anniversary Oct. 1 with special merchandise, a character cavalcade, a sing along and more.

There's obviously more to come (cake :slurp: ) but probably not on the scale of new rides or attractions.

mickeysaver

I am just excited to go get a little pixie dust this Saturday. A regular park day would be enough, but the extra goodies will be appreciated. I can't wait!

Need advice on this. We will be at the resort on the 1st (running in the wine and dine). We will also be at the MK at midnight the night before (mnsshp)

Do you think it would be worth it to limit our sleep to get to the park at 10am, or just skip the presentation and hope that some unique characters are out during the day.

aladdin2007

Need advice on this. We will be at the resort on the 1st (running in the wine and dine). We will also be at the MK at midnight the night before (mnsshp)

Do you think it would be worth it to limit our sleep to get to the park at 10am, or just skip the presentation and hope that some unique characters are out during the day.

I was wondering this as well, we were going to get up early Sat and drive over to be there by 10am for the presentation, but being that its an hour in half trip it means leaving pretty early and no one here really wants to try and make it into the park by 10, is it worth it? Or still okay to just arrive later and and enjoy part of the day and be able to say we were there on the 40th?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom