O'Canada - new film!!!!

Epcot82Guy

I like what I'mhearing thus far. Nice way to integrate the old and update. Let's wait to see what Martin Short can do. It's amazing what one can say about their homeland. I guess I will be one of the first to see it (if the trip planning goes well). :D

fizzle75

I vote for Mike Myers.
That guy can make anything good. And yes...Canadian.

For the record...it's 31c Here right now. Where is this snow that was spoken of earlier? You promised me snow...I demand you deliver it!

Mike Myers is the first person I thought of as well. Maybe they could get Avril Lavigne to sing O'Canada for the new film.:lookaroun

Maybe they could get Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas to reprise their roles as the McKenzie Brothers from Strange Brew?:lol: :lookaroun

captcanada

Mike Myers is the first person I thought of as well. Maybe they could get Avril Lavigne to sing O'Canada for the new film.:lookaroun

Maybe they could get Rick Moranis and Dave Thomas to reprise their roles as the McKenzie Brothers from Strange Brew?:lol: :lookaroun

Wow! Brilliant! Bob and Doug McKenzie hosting Oh Canada! That would be AWESOME!

As for Avril singing Oh Canada......
she's a better choice than who they have. And if she sang it in a bikini....bonus!
I gues the only real choices would be Avril or Shania Twain.
Can't think of any other 1/2 decent canadian female singer. Kinda sad, really.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Bit off topic but I saw Cinemagic last week and really enjoyed it. How cheap it would be for Disney to stick that in the ABC theatre instead of leaving it empty.
Cheap, and very expensive - the copyrights contract stipulates it can only be shown in France. There`s so many films used and copied in it, it was a nightmare to get all the required clearences just for the WDSP version. See ya at Skyscrapers.com!

Sorry for the drift....

fizzle75

Wow! Brilliant! Bob and Doug McKenzie hosting Oh Canada! That would be AWESOME!

As for Avril singing Oh Canada......
she's a better choice than who they have. And if she sang it in a bikini....bonus!
I gues the only real choices would be Avril or Shania Twain.
Can't think of any other 1/2 decent canadian female singer. Kinda sad, really.
Sarah Mchlachlan?:shrug:

Actually, I could totally hear her singing the song from Oh Canada.

Blizz

Canadian Falls:
niagara.jpg

They still dress like it's 1910 in Canada, too...scary place

Besides that fact that I consider you a reall @$s for your comments against Canada... I also consider you ignorant against your own American geography... this old photo is of American Falls in Niagra Falls, NY, USA.

cb3k

Any improvement is a great thing I just can't get tooo too excited over the new film, but at least it has not been forgotten and is being shown love..I vote for steve nash as the new on screen host.

sittle

..c'mon...

C'mon Canadians, you guys gotta know your music scene better...

How about (just for female singers) anyone BUT Anne Murray... why not look at Female artists like Sarah Harmer, Susan Aglukark (native singer), Bif Naked, Emily Haines, Michella Wright, Terri Clark, Sarah Slean, Holly Cole, Emm Gryner (tours with Bowie, independant artist), Loreena Mckinnet, Peaches (gender bender) Leslie Feist, Diana Krall, Chantell Kraviazuk, Alanna Miles, Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Buffy St. Marie (activist/ musician)... and every Canadian should know Rita McNeil!!!

While a lot of these musicians aren't selling their bodies like Avril, Britney, or either simpson, a lot of them have contributed to music in the past (Joni Mitchell) or are making ground breaking music right now (Emily Haines with Metric and Broken Social scene and Leslie Feist with Feist, Broken Social scene), not only in a Canadian scene, but the world scene. A lot of them are very talented musicians, Haines and Feist alone are making really inventive music with their own bands and with Broken Social Scene... give it a listen, educate yourself!!! HA!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Snowing in Canada? It isn't even snowing in Alert, NWT this time of year!

Female Singers from Canada:

Sarah [SIZE=-1]McLachlan
Celine Dion
Rita MacNeil
Avril Lavigne
Alanis Morissette
Susan Aglukark
Sass Jordan
Diana Krall
k. d. lang
Carol Baker
Eva Avila
Maureen Forrester
Nelly Furtado
Amanda Marshall
Joni Mitchell
Chantal Kreviazuk

I could go on and on... :wave:
[/SIZE]

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
C'mon Canadians, you guys gotta know your music scene better...

How about (just for female singers) anyone BUT Anne Murray... why not look at Female artists like Sarah Harmer, Susan Aglukark (native singer), Bif Naked, Emily Haines, Michella Wright, Terri Clark, Sarah Slean, Holly Cole, Emm Gryner (tours with Bowie, independant artist), Loreena Mckinnet, Peaches (gender bender) Leslie Feist, Diana Krall, Chantell Kraviazuk, Alanna Miles, Alanis Morissette, Joni Mitchell, Buffy St. Marie (activist/ musician)... and every Canadian should know Rita McNeil!!!

While a lot of these musicians aren't selling their bodies like Avril, Britney, or either simpson, a lot of them have contributed to music in the past (Joni Mitchell) or are making ground breaking music right now (Emily Haines with Metric and Broken Social scene and Leslie Feist with Feist, Broken Social scene), not only in a Canadian scene, but the world scene. A lot of them are very talented musicians, Haines and Feist alone are making really inventive music with their own bands and with Broken Social Scene... give it a listen, educate yourself!!! HA!
I was typing when you posted... :D

Badger Brent

Here's Homer Simpson in the background saying "mmm.....Beaver Tails.....ok, strawberries and cream please.:rolleyes: " Lord, our family misses the Beaver Tails!!

I love going and watching the O'canada movie, but time for a change. It is the original movie and soundtrack since it's beginning, isn't it? Change is good sometimes, and here's it would be true.

Texas84

I used to cross over to work, I mean attend meetings, at our Canadian location and they were the best hosts ever. But why do they think we're going to invade? :shrug: Oh, Rush. Best band evah.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I used to cross over to work, I mean attend meetings, at our Canadian location and they were the best hosts ever. But why do they think we're going to invade? :shrug: Oh, Rush. Best band evah.
A few books by Richard Rohmer... :lookaroun

Of course, when you do invade in the book, we kick your butts! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom