O'Canada - new film!!!!

Jerm

Original Poster
So just found out some info on the new O'Canada film. It will have approx 50% new footage and sounds like they will be keeping the song. Just sung by someone from Canada who was on some tv show up there. But the most intresting news is they are going to do like Reflections of China and have a on screen host. I didn't catch who it was:lookaroun but they said he has appered in other film based attractions at Epcot, Disney-MGM, and Disney Studios Paris and he is from Canada. So it looks like that week long closer might in fact be the change over!!!!!!

J

bhg469

well the girl singing O' Canada won American Idol in Canada, and the guy hosting the show is Martin Short, so...

Something is clearly afoot when a girl won american idol in canada!

I live on a border town so canadian TV is available to me and i watched candian idol once thinking it was a parody show because most of the singers looked like they were singing bad to be funny. Later I learned it was a real show.

ToTBellHop

Oh Beaver Tails... How I miss thee.... :slurp:

As for Martin Short... :hurl:
Martin Short has always been a friend of the Mouse. They are making a film in World Showcase funny...what's the problem? Canada is a very funny place. Kinda like "hahahahahahahahahahahahah...why in God's name would anyone choose to live here?" Somewhere in Canada right now, it's snowing. Actually, everywhere in Canada. I actually took a few pics at Niagara Falls this past weekend:
American Falls:
500x500_829e2572a31c1639b911982fe917ebd2.jpg

Canadian Falls:
niagara.jpg

They still dress like it's 1910 in Canada, too...scary place

RiversideBunny

I miss John Candy.
He was Canadian.

Good folks, Canadians.

Some of their descendants live near here, in Louisiana.
'Cajuns.

"Laissez les bons temps rouler!"

:)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So just found out some info on the new O'Canada film. It will have approx 50% new footage and sounds like they will be keeping the song. Just sung by someone from Canada who was on some tv show up there. But the most intresting news is they are going to do like Reflections of China and have a on screen host. I didn't catch who it was:lookaroun but they said he has appered in other film based attractions at Epcot, Disney-MGM, and Disney Studios Paris and he is from Canada. So it looks like that week long closer might in fact be the change over!!!!!!

J
O'Canada had a certain beauty like IDF with no onscreen host - but it did work for Wonders / Reflections of China. I never knew Short was Canadian (wohoo - fact of the day :lol: ) but he was in The Making of Me, the Monster Sound Show and is in Cinemagique. Ticks all the boxes.

As for Canada (Your`e a Lifetime Journey) - hmmmm. Those of us in the UK with an ounce of taste cringe at Stars in Their Eyes as it is. Don`t we? DON'T WE???? :D

Figment82

Martin Short has always been a friend of the Mouse. They are making a film in World Showcase funny...what's the problem?

Oh I know he's always been in connection with Disney, I just personally don't care for him or think he's that funny. It was more of a personal :hurl: .

summerluvin

Martin Short has always been a friend of the Mouse. They are making a film in World Showcase funny...what's the problem? Canada is a very funny place. Kinda like "hahahahahahahahahahahahah...why in God's name would anyone choose to live here?" Somewhere in Canada right now, it's snowing. Actually, everywhere in Canada. I actually took a few pics at Niagara Falls this past weekend:
American Falls:

Canadian Falls:
niagara.jpg

you are rude arrogrant and ignorant!

sittle

John Candy would have been such an ideal host!!! Man I miss that guy!!!

There are lots of funny Canadians to choose from, Eugene Levy, Andrea Martin, Catherine O'hara, Russel Simmons, Sandra Oh, Sean Cullen, Howie Mandel... whoops... omit that last one... what about some of the Kids in the Hall, seeing as 2 of them (David Foley, Kevin McDonald) have been in Disney flicks.... Buddy Cole as narrator?? Anybody? (HILLARIOUS!!)

My vote for new Canadian host of the film, David Suzuki or Ron MacLean... both great Canadians well educated, and have excellent narration voices...

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
American Falls:

Canadian Falls:
niagara.jpg

ISTCNaivigator should try and get out of the lab a little a try reading a book on geography, It is not snowing here in Montreal today nor is it snowing in Vancouver,Calgary,Toronto,Edmonton Etc... I could go on but he should really learn a little before he speaks.It is mist on the falls not snow .And Connecticut is only a few hours south of Canada ,this moron thinks the weather changes as soon as you cross the border.Well I got news for you ,our country is every bit as beautiful as yours, and our beer is better.I always thought students from Yale had a certain class and manners but I guess I was wrong. When and if you ever visit Canada,I hope a Canadian grizzly bear poops in your corn flakes.My name is Chuckie and I AM Canadian. eh! :fork:

captcanada

I vote for Mike Myers.
That guy can make anything good. And yes...Canadian.

For the record...it's 31c Here right now. Where is this snow that was spoken of earlier? You promised me snow...I demand you deliver it!

dandaman

My vote for new Canadian host of the film, David Suzuki or Ron MacLean... both great Canadians well educated, and have excellent narration voices...

I second the motion for David Suzuki.

It still amazes me what some members of the American public think of us. :lol:

(Though I too still wonder why Canadian Idol is even a legitimate show. I could go on at length (and have!) about why Canadian TV bugs me... but I won't. :D)

So, anyone else up for a Tim Horton's sponsor still? Anyone?

uklad79

O'Canada had a certain beauty like IDF with no onscreen host - but it did work for Wonders / Reflections of China. I never knew Short was Canadian (wohoo - fact of the day :lol: ) but he was in The Making of Me, the Monster Sound Show and is in Cinemagique. Ticks all the boxes.

As for Canada (Your`e a Lifetime Journey) - hmmmm. Those of us in the UK with an ounce of taste cringe at Stars in Their Eyes as it is. Don`t we? DON'T WE???? :D

Bit off topic but I saw Cinemagic last week and really enjoyed it. How cheap it would be for Disney to stick that in the ABC theatre instead of leaving it empty.

captcanada

I second the motion for David Suzuki.

It still amazes me what some members of the American public think of us. :lol:

(Though I too still wonder why Canadian Idol is even a legitimate show. I could go on at length (and have!) about why Canadian TV bugs me... but I won't. :D)

So, anyone else up for a Tim Horton's sponsor still? Anyone?

Mmmmmm, Tim Hortons. Mmmmm.
Think I'll go get one.

They need a Tim Hortons booth in the Canadian pavilion too.
And a Molson's booth wouldnt hurt either.

WDWcouple

Be nice to the Canadians.... Soon its going to be cheaper for them to come to WDW than it is for US:brick:

Current Exchange Rates:

1.00 USD = 1.05 CAD

Exchange Rates This Time Last Year:

1.00 USD = 1.11 CAD

And On 7/10/02

1.00 USD = 1.51 CAD

Mannnn Im going to start collecting those worthless Canadian Coins that are worth nothing :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

Sorry I got bored

dandaman

^Tell me about it. Just 10 short years ago the Canadian dollar was all but lost against the U.S. Now the tables seem to be turning. :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom