Obi-Wan Kenobi film in the works

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Watch that scene again. Vader is more a menacing force moving forward like a buldozer. No flips or acrobatics. In fact he barely moves anything but his arms. They nailed it. Thanks KK.
This. ^^^

He is the same way in the current canon comics and he single-handedly destroys an entire company of Rebels troops without breaking a sweat.
So Obi-Wan will probably go from the wise Jedi watching over Luke. To a tortured soul, lamenting on his failings and if he can even help or protect Luke. Some aspect of that could be interesting, except they'll probably just end the show with him being a washed-up loser. While some other character no one cares about will save the day.
I think we are going to see his character take a similar path to Luke in The Last Jedi.

The first line in the trailer from him is "The fight is done. We lost.". That along with the visuals of him have me thinking that the series is going to start with Obi-Wan as a broken, disillusioned man. Hopefully, they have him pull out of this by the end of the 1st episode

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
First…the EU stuff has almost entirely taken over their stream stuff…so they dropped the “not canon” stuff as soon as they got into big trouble

And as far as Vader’s movements…

Unless I’ve been drunk for 45 years watching this (not quite that long…I hope?)…it’s the FORCE that takes over the movements and that’s why they have yoda go ninja. It doesn’t matter who has a hip replacement or a full body rehab.

Not to say that wasn’t over the top…but at least it was something defensible in that universe. Unlike luke being a coward…which was DUMB.

G00fyDad

The first line in the trailer from him is "The fight is done. We lost.". That along with the visuals of him have me thinking that the series is going to start with Obi-Wan as a broken, disillusioned man. Hopefully, they have him pull out of this by the end of the 1st episode

It's okay. If they don't then I am sure we'll have the Mandalorian come in to finish the season. :cautious:

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Blaming solo for what Disney decided to do is like shooting the hostage

G00fyDad

Pop quiz genius: You have a madman with a finger on the trigger of a bomb and a hostage. What do you do? What do you do?
200.gif

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

So instead of a 2-hour movie, we now get a 6-hour streaming series that could extend to additional seasons.

Thanks, I guess?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
So instead of a 2-hour movie, we now get a 6-hour streaming series that could extend to additional seasons.

Thanks, I guess?
I agree with you…sorta

It’s fine with us old goats…but Star Wars impact and longevity has a lot to do with its time on the silver screen…it’s ingrained in the phenomenon

So they shouldn't abandon films…nor make ty ones

Life’s tough when you’re rich in Hollywood

Last edited:

LSLS

I agree with you…sorta

It’s fine with us old goats…but Star Wars impact and longevity has a lot to do with its time on the silver screen…it’s ingrained in the phenomenon

So they shouldn't abandon films…nor make ****ty ones

Life’s tough when you’re rich in Hollywood
Agree, but I'm kind of ok with them making the stuff on individual characters more a streaming thing and having movies be more of a large picture universe thing.

doctornick

Thanks, I guess?

To each their own, but I actually prefer the TV shows and longer hours of content and am happy it ended up this way (assuming of course the show is actually good). Really looking forward to this, though I wish it were coming sooner.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Agree, but I'm kind of ok with them making the stuff on individual characters more a streaming thing and having movies be more of a large picture universe thing.
I’m 100% ok with them trying to augment/reinforce each other. If stream has replaced the “standalone” movies…that makes sense…
But you need a backbone story in theaters that doesn’t suck around the world.
To each their own, but I actually prefer the TV shows and longer hours of content and am happy it ended up this way (assuming of course the show is actually good). Really looking forward to this, though I wish it were coming sooner.
You’re not sustaining your franchise behind a stream subscription service…you can augment them, but not enough.

Need movies…need more than something you have to pledge allegiance to Bob Iger to watch…

“But MARVEL?!?”

…yeah…about that…what element are we overlooking?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’m optimistic about the obiwan show…and that’s a big risk considering the troubled production (a KK hallmark)…

…I find myself marveling at how we are coming around on prequel stuff. It says a few things.

erasure fan1

To each their own, but I actually prefer the TV shows and longer hours of content and am happy it ended up this way (assuming of course the show is actually good).
I agree to a point. Do I think Obi wan will make a great show? Heck yea I do. But I also think it would have made a fantastic movie. I agree with @Sirwalterraleigh that the cinema needs to be what propels the franchise forward and that the series are the expansion of the film universe.

Mando was a great as a series and would have been a tough sell as a movie. But other than that, most of the D+ shows for marvel (and Boba), could have easily been theatrical movies with really no loss in my opinion. So while it's great to extra time with a character, it needs to be quality time. Not just more time. I'm not saying that the D+ shows so far should have been movies. I just don't think most utilized that "extra time" all that well. So I'm hoping Obi wan doesn't follow suit.

Screamface

Yeah, just like in the original trilogy when Luke thought there was "still good" in Vader/Anakin. Then at the end he realizes, "nope- pure bad guy," and chops his evil head off and they all party with the Ewoks.

I was unaware that Disney's Lucasfilm was behind the decisions in ROTJ.

Screamface

I think we are going to see his character take a similar path to Luke in The Last Jedi.

As long as they don't have him defeated completely by it. No matter the hardships, the self-doubt, self-loathing, any losses, mistakes or struggles. They need to keep him being a hero and getting through it. That's what a heroic character does. There are places for stories where that's not the case, but with these legacy, beloved heroic characters. Writing in that things got hard and they gave up detracts from them.

I just hope they realise how to balance a heroic character in a bad place, without having them give up. Which is different from having them not knowing what to do or being unable to do anything.

Going through tough times and getting through it builds a character and a hero.

Having them surrender to everything and giving up. Only for an external event or character having to convince them to be a hero again. Forever tarnishes them, because what's to say they won't give up again and stop being a hero.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom