Numbers, Cars and Quality ...

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Just reading through this and I'm so confused, has someone actually been given a cease and desist order? Does Lee have an ego problem? Is SirOinksALot a plant? I have more questions reading through this thread than I do after watching an episode of Homeland.

You will find out the answers to these questions and more in the next exciting episode of "As WDWMagic Turns".

WDW1974

Original Poster
OK, so I ceased to post in this thread and I desisted in reading it (due to lack of time and not interest) ... and I can't help but feel like I missed so much online Disney forum fun.

Look, I get why women and fanbois (and, OK, some men ...) find me irresistable. But the trolls and plants and kooks that seem able to derail serious threads ... what is their point? No one has come close to shutting me up yet.

Oh, and @Lee ... you can send me any order you like, Mrs. Lee has told me I am welcome anytime!:D

Now ... anyone want to talk about WDW?

WDW1974

Original Poster
That still doesn't make it right or safe, the government has supposed checks and balances, Disney doesn't. I totally understand Disney wants to know how much I stuff my fat face,what toys I buy my kids, how often I leave my room and where I go when I do leave, but does that mean because they want it should they be able to have it. What happens when someone cracks the RFID code. Be a great tool for thieves and disgruntled spouses. Don't say it can't be cracked, today anything can be

I don't trust the government and I don't trust TWDC.
They BOTH have way too much info on me that they have no right to compile except for the fact people are sheep in this country and allow the powerful to do whatever they want.

WDW1974

Original Poster
The govt has no checks and balances anymore. That's what the media used to be for.

If you don't want to have your info analyzed by Disney simply don't go.

I'm sorry, but that's ridiculous. It's like living in an online world where companies from Disney to Google to Facebook to the US government feel they can compile your life on a chip and you are really powerless to stop it ... unless you want to have no email, no smart phone, no computer ... and unless you're Seth MacFarlane, that's damn near impossible.

The answer isn't not going. The answer is not allowing companies to simply collect vast amounts of personal info and use it to 'value' a customer and, whether anyone chooses to believe it, that's where Disney (and other companies) are going. That value will determine everything from whether you get a MAGICal upgrade to whether you get the f-you version of 'Have a MAGICal day!' when something bad happens and you complain/seek some guest recovery.

And the media ... yes, they are an important roadblock to corruption, but unfortunately the ranks of real journalists has been decimated over the past decade. ... And we know from Disney bloggers that Social Media/citizen journalists do not work.

Kuhio

No one has come close to shutting me up yet.

I did make you stammer and blush that one time, though.
wink.gif

disneyflush

I don't trust the government and I don't trust TWDC.
They BOTH have way too much info on me that they have no right to compile except for the fact people are sheep in this country and allow the powerful to do whatever they want.

'74 do you think TWDC knows your real identity when they come on here to read what you (and others obviously) post? Do they read your stuff and say, "Oh there goes Frank Beverly (insert real name here) spouting off again."

Also, your name is Frank Beverly ISN'T IT!?! Nailed it.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I saw you had 4,701 posts and no likes which boggled my mind and I fixed that for you. I value you ASJHLJ.

Well that was my first post since you could "like" them, so my batting average isn't that low. But...I appreciate your concern for my psyche.

On the thread's main topic, I think that approach taken to the much discussed "Avatar" addition over the coming months will tell us if anything was learned from Cars Land (will it be built, will it feature more than a giant painting of a floating mountain, will JC be overcome with the horror of the thing and veto it). Of course, everyone in Orlando may be distracted by this Next Gen stuff and trying to figure out what went wrong......

Toonfan1

TDO is not in charge of Walt Disney World anymore because of the budget cutting and value engineering problems.TWDC,Bob Iger and Tom Stags have forced New Fanstayland,Test Track 2.0,Avatarland,Star Tours 2,Art of Animantion,Seven Dwarfs mine train,Storybook Ciruis and Epcot Re-imagneering in order to Improve Walt Disney world. Tom Staggs and Bob Iger have prompeted Kathy Manguam to Vice President of WALT DISNEY World Imagneering and put Joe Rhode in charge of Desighing Avatarland at Animal Kingdom.Bob Iger and Tom Staggs went George Kandoles to be President of Walt Disney World to make Walt Disney World better and To Re-form TDO to be more like TDA because of how big of sucess DCA 2.0 and Carsland were at the Disneyland Resort.So TWDC is Reformeing TDO right now because of New Fanstyland's Sucess.

Lee

Adventurer
TDO is not in charge of Walt Disney World anymore because of the budget cutting and value engineering problems.TWDC,Bob Iger and Tom Stags have forced New Fanstayland,Test Track 2.0,Avatarland,Star Tours 2,Art of Animantion,Seven Dwarfs mine train,Storybook Ciruis and Epcot Re-imagneering in order to Improve Walt Disney world. Tom Staggs and Bob Iger have prompeted Kathy Manguam to Vice President of WALT DISNEY World Imagneering and put Joe Rhode in charge of Desighing Avatarland at Animal Kingdom.Bob Iger and Tom Staggs went George Kandoles to be President of Walt Disney World to make Walt Disney World better and To Re-form TDO to be more like TDA because of how big of sucess DCA 2.0 and Carsland were at the Disneyland Resort.So TWDC is Reformeing TDO right now because of New Fanstyland's Sucess.
Oddly enough....there's some truth buried in there...

Figments Friend

One way to throw a monkey wrench in the works is do "cash only" while on Disney Property. Then all they have is the Biometric Finger Scan. They know you are in the park, but they don't know who you are, what you buy, where/what you eat, etc.
-
This is how i have visited the Parks for years, even in this age of *plastic*. Cash ...ya gotta love it.

Goofyernmost

I'm not sure why I would care if they knew were I was in the parks. Wouldn't that reinforce support for the things I like? Wouldn't that be like asking me what things I like to do in the parks and then writing it down? Why the heck should I care if they know, when their knowing helps keep the things I am most interested in! They aren't going to follow me home are they?:)

awoogala

I'm not sure why I would care if they knew were I was in the parks. Wouldn't that reinforce support for the things I like? Wouldn't that be like asking me what things I like to do in the parks and then writing it down? Why the heck should I care if they know, when their knowing helps keep the things I am most interested in! They aren't going to follow me home are they?:)
I also don't mind much. It would help them man areas lower on staff, maybe let them see that we hate/love things they didn't guess..etc. yes, they can use it to try and manipulate me, sell to me...but I'm a big girl, and I don't spend because of retail tactics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom