Number of Walt Disney World visits

Astro_Digital

Original Poster
I have been going once or twice a year for 20 years.

I wonder nothing much changes from visit to visit am I going to often?

People asked me do you not have all the scripts, attractions, theme songs shows etc.... commited to memory; I do but also still find myself going back.

I am really wondering maybe I should go once every 3 or 4 years.

How often do you visit?
If you know the place inside out what keeps you going back?

Nemo14

I've never counted them, but I'd say we've been roughly 25 times in the last 20 years. We always find something to do that we hadn't done before.
I think what keeps us going back is the feeling of total escape we get whenever we go. We like the parks, but we also love exploring all the other wonderful things that WDW has to offer. I can't imagine ever tiring of that.

smayco

I just started going more recently. The only thing that prevents me from going more often is my fear of flying :eek: If that wasn't an issue, I'd probably go once every 1-2 years; as much as I love it there, more than that feels too often.

~Sue

Disnut

I have gone to WDW 6 times and DL once. we don't get to go very often because in cost and vacation time. We have only stayed once on site and that was the last time we were there.

I am trying to plan a trip for next summer. :sohappy:

wdwmomof3

I can't remember how many times I went to WDW as a child but my husband and I have taken our children every three years since 1999 but we are going to try to do every two years now. I wish we could go more often but it really does give you time to really miss it and also it gives Disney time to bring in new things to see and do. :)

I was talking to someone at a store while we were getting somethings for our trip and she said that she went every summer as a child and got sick of it.:eek: She said that she has children of her own now that have never been because she still can't make herself go back. I think that this is crazy but I guess it could happen. I just told her that it has changed a lot and she should take them to see what it's like now. :)

I like to go other places and see new things but I will always love Walt Disney World the best!

laurann40

I go every year, sometimes twice a year, and I never get tired of going. As soon as I get back from WDW, we start planning our next trip there. I guess the thing that keeps me going back is the feeling I have when I am there. When I first started going there were 8 of us in my family that would go, every year. But since then, my father past on and the children grew up and have families of there own, so we are down to 4 that go. (myself, mother, my daughter and her friend) But we have so many wonderful memories of WDW with the family, and we continue to make more every year. I can't think of going anywhere else for vacation.......:)

fizzle75

My wife and I went for the first time back in 2005 for our honeymoon and have been three times since then. We love it and can't get enough so we just joined the DVC. As long as finances and our schedules permit we hope to go twice each year(April and December). It's our absolute favorite place on earth and we can't imagine ever vacationing anywhere else. I have been a huge Disney fan all of my life so WDW is a dream come true for me. I remember as a child seeing the commercials for WDW and wanting to go so bad but my family couldn't even begin to afford it. When it came time for my fiance(now wife) to decide where we wanted to go on our honeymoon we both immediately said "Walt Disney World!!!". We hope to raise a whole family of Disney freaks and pass down our love of Disney for many generations to come.

Gorjus

Given your aquaintances logic, once I have tried beer once or twice, I should never drink it again. Once I have had macaroni and cheese a couple of times, I don't need to ever eat it again. I should only go to my favorite restaurant once or twice. And after 2 viewings of a movie, I need never see it again. I've finally found the perfect margarita. I apparently never need to drink a margarita again. For that matter, why stay married to the same person your whole life? Oh wait, sadly that is often the attitude in the world.

Why do we keep going back? Because we enjoy the feeling we have when there. Call it a drug if you like, but we are addicted to it.

And as for going only once every few years, that would kill me. Having been a Florida resident, I enjoyed the honor of being able to go 6 times a year. I didn't spend 10 days there 6 times a year, it was 6 weekends a year. You go in, and have a theme for those few days: Food and Wine Festival (Epcot without ever seeing MK or AK or MGM). Night of Joy (MK without ever seeing Epcot or the other parks). Basically, you rush in, get a quick fix and rush out, knowing you'll be back in a few months.

Eventually, I was spending so much money at WDW that I decided to move up and make them pay me. Now I am at WDW every day as a CM(except my days off). It is still magical.

Disney MDACK

The first time I went was back in 1986 and I was 9. I didnt get to go back until 1994 and boy did I miss it. So now since I have two children of mine own, I having been going every year. This year will be our fifth trip in a row. Funny thing is taking my wife down for her first time she didn't want to go the night before. After hours of convincing her she is now hooked herself. I really would not want it any other way spending time with the people I love in the greatest vacation spot in the world. So I have been to WDW six times going on seven and many more to come.

littlered

in the past fifteen years, we have been about 12 times I think. we use to go every couple of years. but have gone every year for the last few years and last year we even went twice. (sort of spur of the moment, we only planed on going a few weeks before our second trip) on that second trip last year we bought DVC so we will be going at least once a year. Although I am already begging my husband for a long weekend in December to see the Christmas Decorations.:sohappy:

We go every year because we LOVE it, where else in the world can you go and forget about reality for a week.

TheDisneyMagic

I have been going for the last 18 years and estimate that I have been around 25 times, the only fact that restricts me from going more is living in the UK.

One day I will move to Florida and will spend so much time in the parks.

I have also been to Disneyland Resort Paris a couple of times. :wave:

Jimmy Thick

Man, I go as much as humanly possible, at least 2 times up to 5.

I deal with the public 24/7, and I need the break to just get away and lose myself in the Disney spirit. It humbles me and brings me back to love my fellow man.

I also go to different restaurants each trip and try something new everytime, that makes each trip different.

sophie_the_pooh

I think you can never get tired of the feeling you get when you're at WDW... Everything if simple, beautiful and magical!

I suggest you try the other Disney sites, like California or Paris, if you never went. Especially in Paris, the experience is really different, the CMs come from all countries in Europe, which gives you a totally different experience!

Cara1210

I went about 7 times as a child and that's when my love for WDW developed. I actually picked my college, the University of Florida(I'm originally from PA), because it was less than 2 hours from WDW. Now that I'm 28 and have 4 children of my own, my husband and I want to take them every year. Why? Because, for now at least, where can a family with 4 kids who are 6 and under go and all have an equally wonderful time? WDW! This will be the 4th visit for my older 2 (ages 6 and 4), the 3rd visit for my 2yo son(he actually crawled for the first time on the floor of our room at the Poly.!) and the 2nd visit for our 1yo daughter. We are already talking about our 2008 trip and we haven't even gone on this year's trip yet, so I think that it has become somewhat of an addiction, and I hope I never kick this habit!

happymom52003

Before we had kids, we really thought we would take our kids every few years because that is what we had been doing ourselves.....and we were going to wait until our youngest was alot older. But when our youngest was about 7 months old and my oldest was four, we decided we just could not wait any longer...I did not want my oldest to miss out on those magical years where they REALLY believe everything is "real". So we went, and the trip was so magical we immediatly booked a trip for 7 months later and then again 5 months after that, and then another one for 9 months later (upcoming in Jan. 08). But after this next trip we have to start going only once a year because that is what we can afford. But I am thankful!! I know alot of people have to wait years inbetween trips. Our goal is to be able to go twice a year someday.

slowbee

When I grew up, we lived a mile and a half from Disneyland. We used to go about every 6 months because my grandfather had to have a Mickey Mouse fix. There was nothing as special to me as it was to watch this grown man transform back into a 7 year old boy. He would bounce around that park like a kid in a free candy store.

So now that I have girls of my own, we started going once a year until the last few years where we go 2 - 4 time a year. Mostly because we have the meens, but more so because we can't wait to go back. We all go back for our own reasons... and every time I walk under the Main Street Station and get out along the shops on Main Street, I can close my eyes and picture my grandfather transforming before my eyes again. It's those special memories that keep me coming back year after year.

Two years ago, our first Christmas trip was when our middle daughter turned 11 months. One of the first things we do when we get to WDW is go see Mickey Mouse.. That year, we started at AK and headed right for Camp Mickey. As we are standing in line to see Mickey and she can finally see Mickey for herself... my 11 month old little girl was just as happy as can be... when it was our turn.. the pure joy of watching my little girl take her first steps by herself to go give Mickey a hug was just awesome. Now.. if that's not a Disney Moment worth repeating.. the nothing will..

lilmizpixie3

I have been trying to count the amount of times I have been, it has been roughly 24 times since 1996. But I went several times when I was little, but because we lived in Michigan it was only during the holiday season. When I moved down here to Florida in 1996 it made it easy!

I would say my total is 27 or 28 and I keep going back because I love the way it makes me feel, theres no place on earth like it.

jesserin

We go alot... I like going to the same place over and over... here's why. As much as it's fun to experience new things... I don't truly relax when I'm somewhere new, i want to be out there doing everything, experiencing each new site. But with WDW - we can take it slow, visit our favorites, swim alot, play alot and just relax as vacations were meant to be. :) So yes... we go alot. We relax and have a great time on each visit.

Hmm. Lets see.
I'm thirteen, turning fourteen in October. I've been going to Disney World three or four times a year since I was four years old. I've already been to Disney twice this year, and planning to go back in December.
I'd say I've been to Disney roughly between 32-42 times. :)
And what keeps me going to Disney is just..everything! The rides are great, the atmosphere is delightful, and I always feel like a little kid whenever I go. I think it might be the feeling of everlasting youth, or the feeling that your dreams are suddenly coming to a reality. Don't feel so bad or nerdy about knowing every single word of diolouge in a ride or show, knowing where every little detail is, or what times every show starts. You're a fan of Disney, and you'll continue to be a fan forever. :)
And besides..I'd just die if I hadn't gone to Disney in three or four years. ;_;

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom