Nu-Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

NigelChanning

I think that it would be cool to have them as a sort of Greek chorus, but we'd need to have them present somehow beginning to end.

Maybe glory days could be sung by passing city citizens? Like just a general chorus rather than distinct characters?
I like that. We’d need to show scenes in between the song like Bomb Voyage’s attack, Bob meeting Buddy, and the wedding.

If we wanted, we could project the interview from the beginning of the film onto the curtain right before the show starts.

NigelChanning

Here’s what we have so far.
-Interview projected on curtain before show
-“Glory Days” song with scenes sprinkled in
-Bob’s “want” song after support group
-Dash’s hallway ballad
-song for Violet?
-Hellen’s “want” song?
-Motivational song for Bob
-Edna Mode’s song
-Syndrome’s song
-Dash’s reprise
-Bob’s reprise?
-Scenes depicting chaos while babysitting Jack Jack
-Omnidroid attack
-Underminer attack

goofyyukyuk

I think Violet could have a song that has a couple reprises about feeling invisible... we could really play that up if we set a scene or two in school, seeing her crush on Tony and still feeling invisible.
We could probably have a couple crowd songs as well (Mr Incredible saving a cat or some new scene equivalent to that), during the Omnidroid attack, we could tell the story primarily through an upbeat song and some 50s style comic action, which could alleviate the concerns about trying to coordinate excessive action on the stage.

JokersWild

So I have some thoughts for the opening song.

Change the name. Perhaps have a different song called Glory Days that can act as Mr. Incredible's Lament towards the beginning of the show.

The opening song will open with a chorus of city goers, but quickly changes to be lead almost entirely by Buddy, and possibly two or three other members of the Mr. Incredible fan club (theme also becomes Buddy's theme.). Mostly follow the opening sequence of the film from Buddy's perspective. Maybe shadow puppets show Mr. Incredible during his peak crime fighting.

We should probably start breaking off to work on different parts (there are a ton of aspects that aren't music that need to be considered.). I think that Pi wanted to work on music, but if anyone else wants to join me/ us let me know and I can set up a PM just so the thread isn't cluttered.

NigelChanning

So I have some thoughts for the opening song.

Change the name. Perhaps have a different song called Glory Days that can act as Mr. Incredible's Lament towards the beginning of the show.

The opening song will open with a chorus of city goers, but quickly changes to be lead almost entirely by Buddy, and possibly two or three other members of the Mr. Incredible fan club (theme also becomes Buddy's theme.). Mostly follow the opening sequence of the film from Buddy's perspective. Maybe shadow puppets show Mr. Incredible during his peak crime fighting.
I really like that. What should this opening song be called?

JokersWild

I really like that. What should this opening song be called?
That's the thing. I'm not entirely sure. I'd love ideas.

Also, we should probably start breaking off to work on different parts (there are a ton of aspects that aren't music that need to be considered.). I think that Pi wanted to work on music, but if anyone else wants to join me/ us let me know and I can set up a PM just so the thread isn't cluttered.

Brer Panther

Poster's done. Does this design work for everyone?

The-Incredibles-poster.png

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
How should we split on the story. Should we each work on an individual act?
I think with 7 of us we could have 2 people working on the show part (act 1 and act 2 or however they wanna divide it up), 2 work on the music, 1 on art, 1 on the technical stuff, and 1 more on the presentation/support. Depends on how people want to divide this up though and what they wanna work on.

@JokersWild definitely game to work on some songs with you! How are you at playing some more jazzy type stuff? We wanna work within your wheelehouse more than anything, but I know the movie sound track is very jazzy feeling.

Can help elsewhere when we need it to.

cluttered.

I got an idea for that which I'm writing up a bit more on. Basically the opener will be "Everything's Super!" and it can get a sinister reprise for the "Buddy is Syndrome" reveal called "Everyone's Super" because when Everyone's Super No one will be.

This is far from a very important aspect, but I was thinking Alex Brightman would be a good actor for Syndrome. I know him best as playing Beetlejuice in the recent Broadway show. Before that he did the lead in School of Rock. I feel he could bring a real fun, manic energy to the villain role. Plus, it could give our show a big, yet realistic, name to headline it.

DashHaber

I think with 7 of us we could have 2 people working on the show part (act 1 and act 2 or however they wanna divide it up), 2 work on the music, 1 on art, 1 on the technical stuff, and 1 more on the presentation/support. Depends on how people want to divide this up though and what they wanna work on.

This is far from a very important aspect, but I was thinking Alex Brightman would be a good actor for Syndrome. I know him best as playing Beetlejuice in the recent Broadway show. Before that he did the lead in School of Rock. I feel he could bring a real fun, manic energy to the villain role. Plus, it could give our show a big, yet realistic, name to headline it.
That sounds like a good division of work tasks. I'm also up for working on one of the acts. Man, this is such a fun idea for a project! I'm on a bit of a musical kick at the moment, and this is offering some real fun.

Also, Alex Brightman would make for a fun pick as Syndrome.

JokersWild

We do need a leader.

Once I get home from work I can start looking at some music again.

I can try to make jazz work. We can play around and see what happens. My goal is to have demos for these songs that we can Post with the project.

Last edited:

DashHaber

@DashHaber , do you know if you are going to want to work on Act 1 or Act 2. You said you were leaning towards Act 1 so I just wanted to make sure. I’m okay with anything!
I'm up for working together on Act 1. The two of us could probably get a good idea and flow for how to take the first half of the show.

Or, maybe perhaps we work together on both acts. That way, we can create a united flow of the story.

NigelChanning

I'm up for working together on Act 1. The two of us could probably get a good idea and flow for how to take the first half of the show.

Or, maybe perhaps we work together on both acts. That way, we can create a united flow of the story.
I think we should work together on both acts. Should we open a private message thread so we don’t flood this one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom