Nu-Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

TheOriginalTiki

Original Poster
Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway
635519339731977856-phxdc5-6hykqbzxuv6m99srnk4-original.jpg

For this project, teams will be tasked with creating the next big adaptation for Disney Theatricals to tackle. This should be a film that has not yet received the Disney Theatricals treatment, but other than that everything is on the table (for example, theme park and cruise ship shows are fine to be adapted to Broadway as long as they haven't already gotten the Broadway treatment) Live action and non-musicals are fine to adapt, but the show you create MUST be a musical and have at least three original songs designed for your show.

You must explain the lighting, costume and set design, plot changes to accommodate the new meaning, and any big set pieces. The new songs don't need to be fully composed with music and lyrics written, but by all means the more the effort the better the pay-off. This is a #GameChanger season after all. Let's follow in the footsteps of Scrubs and Buffy and make this an ALL MUSICAL PROJECT! Good luck, teams. Projects are due Saturday, June 27th at 11:59PM Eastern. Since we have new teams, EVERYONE is up for grabs to be project leader this round. Play hard, because this round WILL have an elimination.

NigelChanning

Here are a few of my ideas:
1. The Incredibles: The Musical
This one is probably the most out there. I’d imagine a bunch of cool set pieces and songs. “Glory Days” would be similar to “The Gospel Truth” from Hercules and maybe Syndrome can have a song.
2. Coco: The Musical
The film has already has a few really good songs and I think Miguel’s family along with Ernesto and Hector could use a musical number. The skeletons can be puppets like in the Nemo Musical.
3. The Emperor’s New Groove: The Musical
Any excuse for more Kronk. Not to mention, the deleted song ,”Snuff Out the Light”, can be included.

JokersWild

I just wanted to post a super short list of movies that I think could work:

.Pete's Dragon
.Hocus Pocus
.Hercules (may be a bit obvious)
.The Emperor's New Groove
.Bridge to Terabithia

So that's where I'm at right now. Personally, of that list, I'm really feeling Hocus Pocus, though I think that Pete's Dragon and Bridge to Terabithia could be amazing as well.

DashHaber

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom