Nu-Citra Brainstorming Thread - Project Five: Give My Regards to Broadway

DashHaber

@NigelChanning09 and I have Act One finished. We're now working on Act Two.

Act One: The show opens with Buddy Pine, a superhero fan talking about how supers help to save the day and how he wants to help join the battle for justice. He tries to convince his idol Mr. Incredible that he can help, but he gets brushed off for not being "super" (“Everything's Super!”). With a major incident triggering a whole wave of lawsuits and the end of supers, the show jumps to the present day. Bob and Helen Parr now live a “normal” life, dealing with their mundane problems as they raise a family (“Secret Identity”). The family comes together for dinner, where a fight breaks out between Dash and Violet over their powers, with Violet wanting to be normal and Dash wanting to use his talents (“Invisible/Run”). After dinner, Bob heads out with his friend and old super ally Lucius Best to a Supers Anonymous meeting. There, Bob talks about how he misses those days of saving lives and being a hero to people (“Glory Days”). At work, Bob is called before his boss over how his clients keep on finding help after dealing with him. Frustrated with it all, Bob breaks his boss’s desk in a moment of anger and quits. Leaving work, he is approached by Mirage, who offers him a job that would let him use his powers again. Bob accepts, later lying to Helen by saying that he must travel for a work conference (“Glory Days” (Reprise)).

Arriving at a secluded island in his old Mr. Incredible costume, he battles a group of droids sent after him. The battle reinvigorates him, leading to him working out as he feels that old spark again (“Feeling Incredible”). He even contacts his old costume designer Edna Mode, to craft a new costume (“Made by Mode”). Eventually, Bob gets the message and leaves home for his latest job. As he leaves, Helen cannot help but be concerned about all his recent changes (“Helen’s Concern”). Returning to the island, Bob discovers that the droids he had fought before were mere tests for a massive Omnidroid. However, he ends up captured when he discovers this information, and his “benefactor” is revealed: Buddy, now going by the alias of Syndrome. Syndrome reveals his plan, of sending the robot to attack Municiberg and he would “defeat” it. With the praise he would get, he’d sell gadgets that would let anyone become a super (“Everyone's Super”).

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Updates from the music team: @JokersWild is working on Everything is Super right now. He has a very solid demo of the chorus and is currently working on expanding that song and writing some verses. He is music man, so he plans on having it be a full song, not just his voice too.

I am writing out Glory Days right now. Have an intro and a first verse. Hope to have a second verse by tonight.

We plan on doing a third song. Probably Everyone is Super since that cuts down on production time since it is a kind of reprise. We mostly will just need new lyrics.

So, yeah. Three songs is our big goal. And with it only being Wednesday we have plenty of time still!

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
@Brer Panther any other art pieces you're wanting to work on? Or anything else you wanna help with?

@goofyyukyukyuk17 want any help with the technical stuff? Any info you need from writing/music teams to help you?

@PerGronStudio I'm not sure if you ever found a role or what your availability is, but I could always use some help working on some lyrics if you're interested! Or more art is never a bad thing

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I’m making an executive decision to call Pi our team leader if he wants it. We needed to choose one days ago and we haven’t....
I was wondering lol. I just figured I missed who was chosen haha

I can be PM if no one else wants to be. I was PM in the Animaniacs project which mean I don't think I'm technically supposed to do it again, but these are new teams and we're already half way through this week, so I think it will be ok haha

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
1593047129722.png

I'm the Emperor now :p

PerGron

@Brer Panther any other art pieces you're wanting to work on? Or anything else you wanna help with?

@goofyyukyukyuk17 want any help with the technical stuff? Any info you need from writing/music teams to help you?

@PerGronStudio I'm not sure if you ever found a role or what your availability is, but I could always use some help working on some lyrics if you're interested! Or more art is never a bad thing

I’m working on costume design. I honestly suck with music so I probably wouldn’t be much help on that part. I’ll have some costumes up probably tomorrow night

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I don't think I'll be doing any more concept art. I don't want to have to actually draw the costumes or anything like that (I am awful at drawing human beings). I can help with some of the special effects stuff, if you guys want.
I'm pretty sure @goofyyukyukyuk17 has the effects covered already. I you want to work on song lyrics, we can tag team some writing. Or you could always do stuff like merchandise or write up something for a promotional event. Or just leave with what you've done already. The art and graphics you've already made are amazing and plenty! Just didn't want you to feel left out if you were wanting something more

DashHaber

Teammates, we now have Act Two! Both acts are now complete for The Incredibles: the Musical.

Act Two: With the intermission finished, we find Helen meeting with Edna asking if she has seen Bob, since he’s been missing for a few days. Edna reveals that he’s off using his powers for a new job, and even reveals that she has designed superhero costumes for the whole family (“Made by Mode” (Reprise)). Realizing that Bob may be in actual damage, Helen laments that she has felt that same urge for heroics, but tried to channel it into their home life and wished Bob could do the same (“A Hero at Home”). Emboldened by Edna, Helen resolves to head out in search of Bob. Back at the island, Syndrome is taunting Bob about his fate and his upcoming plan when an alert comes in: a plane seeking clearance to land. Bob recognizes the voice as Helen, though he (and Helen) is truly shocked when Dash and Violet pipe up as well. Piecing together that his family is coming to rescue them, Syndrome has missiles launched at the plane. The feed cuts out, to Bob and Mirage’s horror. Syndrome heads off to enact his plan, while Mirage reflects on her past and how she had left the National Superhero Agency because she had truly believed Syndrome’s plan would bring good (“All a Mirage”).

Having survived the plane’s destruction and arriving at the island, Helen tells Violet and Dash that they must be careful as she heads off to Syndrome’s base (“No Saturday Morning Cartoon”). The two are discovered by some of Syndrome’s henchmen in the jungle, and use their powers to evade them, both realizing their potential (“Invisible/Run” (Reprise)). In the halls of the base, Helen finds herself remembering her old days as Elastigirl as she relives the old excitement while sneaking around (“Flexible”). Helen and the family find Bob and free him from his confines. He reveals that Mirage has told him where they can escape. He apologizes that he has left his family aside, as Helen tells him that they can fight together (“A Hero at Home” (Reprise)). On the streets of Municiberg, the Omnidroid starts its attack. Syndrome arrives and starts to boast of his prowess, but gets cut off as the Omnidroid strikes out his remote and knocks him away (“Syndrome’s Here!”). The whole Parr family arrive, battling the Omnidroid as they work together. Eventually, they grab the remote and manage to shut down the robot, saving the town (“We’re Incredible”). Before they can celebrate, Syndrome returns with a back-up plan: he has captured Jack-Jack. However, Jack-Jack lets out a sonic scream, short-circuiting his gadgets. Syndrome drops down and is caught by Bob, who knocks him out with one punch after Helen quickly takes Jack-Jack away. Time marches on, and the Parr family is now happy as they have found who they really are. The Underminer arrives, and the show ends as the Parr family gets ready for a new super battle (“Everything's Super!” (Reprise)).

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom