Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

The New Norway Epcot Attraction Celebrates a Summer Snow Day

Walt Disney World Press Release
April 19, 2016

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – For the first time in forever, guests can explore the kingdom of Arendelle when “Frozen Ever After” opens in the Norway Pavilion in summer 2016. This family-friendly adventure picks up after the events in the blockbuster hit “Frozen” and celebrates a “Summer Snow Day.”

A stone archway entrance greets guests to the kingdom of Arendelle. Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, trolls and Marshmallow join them on their boat journey through the frozen willow forest, past Troll Valley and up to the North Mountain to Elsa’s ice palace.

After disembarking, guests can meet the regal sisters in the cozy Royal Sommerhus. Inspired by a cabin in the countryside of Norway, the sisters have opened their summer home for visitors.

Fun Facts:

Frozen Ever After is the first Frozen-themed attraction and the Royal Sommerhus is Elsa’s and Anna’s permanent meet and greet at Disney Parks.

Guests will witness Elsa’s ice magic on Frozen Ever After.

Composers Bobby Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez created new lyrics to the cherished Frozen film songs.

All of the original voice talent from the film returned and recorded dialogue and songs for the attraction

WDI traveled to Norway to research architecture, décor and artifacts; guests will find their inspiration in the Royal Sommerhus.

The design of Royal Sommerhus and the surrounding area is modeled after a traditional Norwegian cabin in Trondheim.

Mike S

The New Norway Epcot Attraction Celebrates a Summer Snow Day

Walt Disney World Press Release
April 19, 2016

LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – For the first time in forever, guests can explore the kingdom of Arendelle when “Frozen Ever After” opens in the Norway Pavilion in summer 2016. This family-friendly adventure picks up after the events in the blockbuster hit “Frozen” and celebrates a “Summer Snow Day.”

A stone archway entrance greets guests to the kingdom of Arendelle. Queen Elsa, Princess Anna, Kristoff, Olaf, trolls and Marshmallow join them on their boat journey through the frozen willow forest, past Troll Valley and up to the North Mountain to Elsa’s ice palace.

After disembarking, guests can meet the regal sisters in the cozy Royal Sommerhus. Inspired by a cabin in the countryside of Norway, the sisters have opened their summer home for visitors.

Fun Facts:

Frozen Ever After is the first Frozen-themed attraction and the Royal Sommerhus is Elsa’s and Anna’s permanent meet and greet at Disney Parks.

Guests will witness Elsa’s ice magic on Frozen Ever After.

Composers Bobby Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez created new lyrics to the cherished Frozen film songs.

All of the original voice talent from the film returned and recorded dialogue and songs for the attraction

WDI traveled to Norway to research architecture, décor and artifacts; guests will find their inspiration in the Royal Sommerhus.

The design of Royal Sommerhus and the surrounding area is modeled after a traditional Norwegian cabin in Trondheim.
What I get from this: "Welcome to Arendelle, here's some Norwegian stuff too."

Last edited:

Wikkler

We've come full circle now. First it was, "Frozen should never be at Epcot! Boycott!" And now it's "well if Frozen isn't open, I may as well skip the park." :)
Those are still two completely different factions, but thanks for pretending that every poster is just one person with many accounts.

Goofyernmost

What I get from this: "Welcome to Arendelle, here's some Norwegian stuff too."
I have been a little curious about that. So I did a little online search. When I say little, I mean little. I stopped almost immediately when I found this. My reason for stopping is that I just don't care all that much, one way or the other. Take it for what it's worth, but, we all know that if it's on the internet it must be true. ;)

“Arendelle” is a fictional place, but even the name appears to be an homage to Norway. The city of Arendal is a port on Norway’s southern coast. (Hans’s status as a prince of the “Southern Isles” could be another tip of the hat to Arendal.) The look and feel of Arendelle, however, is based on the city of Bergen in Norway’s western fjordlands. Disney has actually set up tour guides to Norway in connection with Frozen. The website says Bergen’s wharf, a UNESCO Heritage Site known as Bryggen, “is the specific inspiration for the setting of Arendelle.”

So, maybe the location in Norway is far more legitimate then anyone cares to acknowledge in the effort to prove the point that it shouldn't be in the Norway Pavilion. To me it has more relevancy then the addition of the "Three Stupid Cartoon Figures" have in the Mexico Pavilion.

FigmentForver96

This is how I feel when I read his drivel
49dd5f0485.gif
Thats part, now take the computer and bust it apart with a hammer.

They honestly tried to tell me the other day that Frozen in Epcot is no different than Cinderella's Castle at the end of Main Street.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom