Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

A foolish mortal

I have been a little curious about that. So I did a little online search. When I say little, I mean little. I stopped almost immediately when I found this. My reason for stopping is that I just don't care all that much, one way or the other. Take it for what it's worth, but, we all know that if it's on the internet it must be true. ;)

“Arendelle” is a fictional place, but even the name appears to be an homage to Norway. The city of Arendal is a port on Norway’s southern coast. (Hans’s status as a prince of the “Southern Isles” could be another tip of the hat to Arendal.) The look and feel of Arendelle, however, is based on the city of Bergen in Norway’s western fjordlands. Disney has actually set up tour guides to Norway in connection with Frozen. The website says Bergen’s wharf, a UNESCO Heritage Site known as Bryggen, “is the specific inspiration for the setting of Arendelle.”

So, maybe the location in Norway is far more legitimate then anyone cares to acknowledge in the effort to prove the point that it shouldn't be in the Norway Pavilion. To me it has more relevancy then the addition of the "Three Stupid Cartoon Figures" have in the Mexico Pavilion.
This is exactly what ive been trying to say for a long time! Thank you! Tho i understand why people dont like the whole ride to be Frozen, but i dont see why people are complaining about the meet and greet area? It has nothing to to with the ride, and the area is completely norwegian!
Haha and my family comes from Arendal! :) one hour from where i live!

A foolish mortal

The website says Bergen’s wharf, a UNESCO Heritage Site known as Bryggen, “is the specific inspiration for the setting of Arendelle"
For people wondering, this is Bryggen (on a rainy day):
2015-11-01 09.15.57 1.jpg

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
This is exactly what ive been trying to say for a long time! Thank you! Tho i understand why people dont like the whole ride to be Frozen, but i dont see why people are complaining about the meet and greet area? It has nothing to to with the ride, and the area is completely norwegian!
Haha and my family comes from Arendal! :) one hour from where i live!
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::coldfeet::confused::confused::confused::confused:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:hahahahahahahahahaha

mickeyfan5534

To me it has more relevancy then the addition of the "Three Stupid Cartoon Figures" have in the Mexico Pavilion.
Jose and Panchito were developed in movies made specifically as goodwill gifts to Latin America and relish in their settings. A further movie was planned to introduce a fourth bird based on a Cuban Rooster. Frozen's addition is like adding a Big Hero 6 ride to Japan. A setting that is inspired by a location is still not that location.

Cesar R M

I have a quick question, besides the fact that an animated movie taking over the Norway Pavillion, which in someways I can understand why everyone is upset about that, but why can't a movie have a ride that stays open indefinently? Some people keep mentioning for when the "frozen frenzy dies" they can repurpose the buildings or what is Disney going to do when the frozen frenzy dies, Fantasyland is filled with attractions from movies that are so much older than Frozen and are still loved by everyone. Me personally I never liked Maelstrom so I don't mind them building a Frozen attraction in its place, just wondering the thought process behind this.
you said it.. FANTASYLAND.. not EPCOT.
EPCOT = real things, myths, legends..
FROZEN = not a myth.. but a modified Disney story that isnt even a place or from the country.

What I get from this: "Welcome to Arendelle, here's some Norwegian stuff too."

nailed it.

Cesar R M

I have been a little curious about that. So I did a little online search. When I say little, I mean little. I stopped almost immediately when I found this. My reason for stopping is that I just don't care all that much, one way or the other. Take it for what it's worth, but, we all know that if it's on the internet it must be true. ;)

“Arendelle” is a fictional place, but even the name appears to be an homage to Norway. The city of Arendal is a port on Norway’s southern coast. (Hans’s status as a prince of the “Southern Isles” could be another tip of the hat to Arendal.) The look and feel of Arendelle, however, is based on the city of Bergen in Norway’s western fjordlands. Disney has actually set up tour guides to Norway in connection with Frozen. The website says Bergen’s wharf, a UNESCO Heritage Site known as Bryggen, “is the specific inspiration for the setting of Arendelle.”

So, maybe the location in Norway is far more legitimate then anyone cares to acknowledge in the effort to prove the point that it shouldn't be in the Norway Pavilion. To me it has more relevancy then the addition of the "Three Stupid Cartoon Figures" have in the Mexico Pavilion.
The irony is that noone mentioned "Arendal" until the complains and fury started.
Its like they scrambled to find something remotely close to "Arendelle".

Also, isnt Arendal a tiny port town with no mountains?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::coldfeet::confused::confused::confused::confused:hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!:hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover::hungover:hahahahahahahahahaha
kinda this gif?

PbF2iek.gif

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Jose and Panchito were developed in movies made specifically as goodwill gifts to Latin America and relish in their settings. A further movie was planned to introduce a fourth bird based on a Cuban Rooster. Frozen's addition is like adding a Big Hero 6 ride to Japan. A setting that is inspired by a location is still not that location.
Still a major stretch to think of it as anything relevant to the Mexican culture!

Amused to Death

Offensive is what it is. Don't they realise that the building's modelled on a church? Sticking Frozen branding all over it is in pretty poor taste.

I was going to say the same thing when I saw that yesterday. :(
It was established several pages back that this was a temporary throw-up for the media event...

Defacing a church is okay as long as it's temporary? :confused:

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

I was going to say the same thing when I saw that yesterday. :(

Defacing a church is okay as long as it's temporary? :confused:

Defacing a church is never ok.

Real church or not.

:oops:
Seriously folks. A church is a special building with spiritual connection and history. This is a building that happens to look like a church built for the purpose of showing what a real church would look like. It's a building, it has no connection with a spiritual meaning other then as part of a story, unless, of course, you consider the Execs. at Disney to be some type of Gods! I surely do not!

Wikkler

For people wondering, this is Bryggen (on a rainy day):View attachment 138588
That just screams Arendelle. See the castle?
Newark sounds like New York. Obviously they're the same thing.
You're telling me that Newark isn't a borough of New York? Next you're going to tell me that Staten Island is.
That's actually something IP enthusiasts people want. No, really.

A foolish mortal

Well adding the birds to Mexico ride is the same thing even tho it was made specifically as goodwill gifts to Latin America.. Theres really no difference there as they are still fiction and cartoon characters!

Wikkler

Well adding the birds to Mexico ride is the same thing even tho it was made specifically as goodwill gifts to Latin America.. Theres really no difference there as they are still fiction and cartoon characters!
Mexico is a real country. As far as we know San Fransokyo is not in a real, existing, non-fictitious, can-find-it-in-National-Geographic country.

A foolish mortal

The irony is that noone mentioned "Arendal" until the complains and fury started.
Its like they scrambled to find something remotely close to "Arendelle".

Also, isnt Arendal a tiny port town with no mountains?

Arendal is just inspiration for the name Arendelle.. nothing else. Geirangerfjorden is inspiration for the land of Arendelle (and Bryggen in Bergen is inspiration for the buildings), so yes you are right. Arendal is a port town with not a lot of mountains!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom