Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Green Men

Oh dear that isn't good what about non rides? Just thinking if frozen isn't open should I do Magic kingdom or Epcot?
There is currently 8 rides open:
Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy
Mission: SPACE
Test Track
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Gran Fiesta Tour

For shows there is:
Pixar 3D Film Festival
Turtle Talk with Crush
The American Adventure
Wonders of China
Impressions de France
O' Canada

Exhibits include:
Project Tomorrow
Innoventions (Sum of All Thrills, Storm Struck, and Colortopia)
Mission: SPACE exhibits
Test Track exibits
Imageworks
Sea Base with aquarium viewing areas, manatee exhibit, dolphin and diver shows
Nearly every country has some sort of exhibit as well

aladdin2007

They gave no new information whatsoever except for showing some of the rosemaling artwork in the meetngreet and repeating everything that has already been said....we still dont know whats to come of the stave church if anything,,,has that circle of life movie reopened yet like it was suppose to?

The Empress Lilly

There is currently 8 rides open:
Spaceship Earth
Universe of Energy
Mission: SPACE
Test Track
Journey Into Imagination with Figment
Living with the Land
The Seas with Nemo and Friends
Gran Fiesta Tour

For shows there is:
Pixar 3D Film Festival
Turtle Talk with Crush
The American Adventure
Wonders of China
Impressions de France
O' Canada

Exhibits include:
Project Tomorrow
Innoventions (Sum of All Thrills, Storm Struck, and Colortopia)
Mission: SPACE exhibits
Test Track exibits
Imageworks
Sea Base with aquarium viewing areas, manatee exhibit, dolphin and diver shows
Nearly every country has some sort of exhibit as well
That's more than EPCOT in its very early 80s heyday. And that was to theme parks what the Sistine Chapel is to room decoration.

As for quality rather than quantity though...

Goofyernmost

Very true, but still no excuse not to have the construction roll in as soon as the park clears out. There's plenty they can do during the day that wouldn't be too intrusive, sound wise. Painting, perhaps. Working on queue details, possibly working inside buildings. There are ways around it!
Are you sure that isn't happening. There have been a number of pictures posted showing crews working during the day hours. WDWmagic just posted a video showing people working during the day. Why is it to believed that it is deserted during the day instead of having them do what can be done during the day.

As far as the park clearing out... isn't there a major thread on how evil it is for Disney to not let people just wander around for a couple of hours after closing? After all closing only means closed to the few idiots that aren't smart enough to just stay behind.

Cesar R M

Today's Summer Awakens event concluded with them still announcing "Summer 2016" as the opening date...*sigh*
and what they will announce? the ROL floats hitting each other due of tech issues/ Frozenstrom workers installing the back rockwork?
DHS TOT with GOTG cutouts and cheap screens?

Brian Swan

I have to say that the detail work on the rocks and wood are very well done and are authentic to rustic Norwegian styles. I was also happy to see that the interior painting of the sommerhus is very pretty, and done in the authentic Norwegian style, with no visual references to Frozen. I'm sure that there will be plenty of Frozen props, but when/if the Frozen mania dies out, there will be a very nice "Norwegian" building left behind that could be re-purposed. Now that we know that the hideous Frozen arch at the Stave Church was just a temp thing for the media circus, I have to say that I am really liking what I am seeing on the exteriors.

jt04

I have to say that the detail work on the rocks and wood are very well done and are authentic to rustic Norwegian styles. I was also happy to see that the interior painting of the sommerhus is very pretty, and done in the authentic Norwegian style, with no visual references to Frozen. I'm sure that there will be plenty of Frozen props, but when/if the Frozen mania dies out, there will be a very nice "Norwegian" building left behind that could be re-purposed. Now that we know that the hideous Frozen arch at the Stave Church was just a temp thing for the media circus, I have to say that I am really liking what I am seeing on the exteriors.

I don't expect it to fade as a franchise. There will be a sequel and the story is beloved by a generation of children who will pass it down. Like many other Disney classics.

The best family attraction at Epcot since it opened I think.

MagicHappens1971

I have a quick question, besides the fact that an animated movie taking over the Norway Pavillion, which in someways I can understand why everyone is upset about that, but why can't a movie have a ride that stays open indefinently? Some people keep mentioning for when the "frozen frenzy dies" they can repurpose the buildings or what is Disney going to do when the frozen frenzy dies, Fantasyland is filled with attractions from movies that are so much older than Frozen and are still loved by everyone. Me personally I never liked Maelstrom so I don't mind them building a Frozen attraction in its place, just wondering the thought process behind this.

Mike S

I have a quick question, besides the fact that an animated movie taking over the Norway Pavillion, which in someways I can understand why everyone is upset about that, but why can't a movie have a ride that stays open indefinently? Some people keep mentioning for when the "frozen frenzy dies" they can repurpose the buildings or what is Disney going to do when the frozen frenzy dies, Fantasyland is filled with attractions from movies that are so much older than Frozen and are still loved by everyone. Me personally I never liked Maelstrom so I don't mind them building a Frozen attraction in its place, just wondering the thought process behind this.
I don't get it either. This thing will be here to stay unless some great and amazing people are put in charge.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I think it's wishful thinking that they will eventually remove the Frozen theme and restore it to a ride about Norway.

Brewmaster

image.jpeg

Anyone note that this happened today?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom