Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

aladdin2007

I wonder if they're going to Freeze the place out with the air con like in Antarctica at Seaworld...or atleast have it noticeably colder than typically expected.

By the looks of all the new (I think) what are air units stacked on top of the show building, I would say its not out of the question.
When your over near Canada on that side is where you can see it the easiest.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
QUOTE="UpAllNight, post: 7039857, member: 98773"]There's some aerial photos on other blog sites that show significant differences to the top of the building...[/QUOTE]

December 2014:
Capture1114.JPG

November 2015:

Capture1115.JPG

Sped2424

I wonder if they're going to Freeze the place out with the air con like in Antarctica at Seaworld...or atleast have it noticeably colder than typically expected.
It's a very smart way to create buzz among guests if they did. I am going to ask around and see whats up with that.

maddogjoe

Just looks like an update to the AC units. Installing more efficient units usually means you add more of them to do the same job the old units did.

Kate F

It is really depressing that this is the only new ride addition (Test Track 2.0 doesn't count) in several years. Sure it may not be cheap and for all I know, it could end up being pretty high quality, but it's still a cash grab because this ride is being made primarily to make more money off of the property, not because of any creative, great ride idea they came with. I also hate feeling like I have to be at least a little excited for this because, hey, at least it's something new. I guess that just shows how bad it's gotten in this park.

Last edited:

Next Big Thing

It is really depressing that this is the only new ride addition (Test Track 2.0 doesn't count) in several years. Sure it may not be cheap and for all I know, it could end up being pretty high quality, but it's still a cash grab because this ride is being made primarily to make more money off of the property, not because of any creative, great ride idea they came with. I also hate feeling like I have to be at least a little excited for this because, hey, at least it's something new. I guess that just shows how bad it's gotten in this park.
How does TT 2.0 not count but this does? It's the same basic concept... re-skin the existing facility, but stay along the same track.

Kate F

How does TT 2.0 not count but this does? It's the same basic concept... re-skin the existing facility, but stay along the same track.
I have a hard time considering TT 2.0 a new attraction because, aside from the whole crash test dummy concept being removed, it's still pretty much the same ride, just with a few different effects. Frozen is supposedly not going to have any resemblance to Maelstrom whatsoever, aside from being on the same track.

Goofyernmost

Let me know of any attraction at WDW or any other Disney park, that isn't there to make money off a specific property or idea. I'll bet that they don't even know that they are racking the public over the coals and trying to squeeze a lot of money out of them.
Exactly. Maelstrom had long lines and has proven it was a great ride. They should've left it alone and built an entirely new ride for Frozen.
Which Maelstrom have you been going too? I have never seen long lines there since it opened and I have been there just about every year. It was always a little attraction. They are about to go from famine to feast, but, there will be long lines whether it's good or not.

aladdin2007

Let me know of any attraction at WDW or any other Disney park, that isn't there to make money off a specific property or idea. I'll bet that they don't even know that they are racking the public over the coals and trying to squeeze a lot of money out of them.

Which Maelstrom have you been going too? I have never seen long lines there since it opened and I have been there just about every year. It was always a little attraction. They are about to go from famine to feast, but, there will be long lines whether it's good or not.

lines routinely snaked through the courtyard to the entrance of akershus. Sure sometimes it def was a walk on mainly after first opening every day, but other times of the year during holidays and festivals it always had a wait that extended outside. Once fastpass was added in the lines were even moreso and constant. Staggs and Disney pr can spin it/skew it how they wish, but there was nothing wrong with Maelstroms attendance, that was just one of the lousy excuses for ripping it out.

raven

Which Maelstrom have you been going too? I have never seen long lines there since it opened and I have been there just about every year. It was always a little attraction.

Wow. Obviously you hadn't been paying attention on the past several years. It was also on the first tier for Fast Pass. The "little attraction" even had t-shirts and other merchandise dedicated to it in the last couple of years before it closed. That, right there, tells you that TDO knew of its popularity.

Goofyernmost

lines routinely snaked through the courtyard to the entrance of akershus. Sure sometimes it def was a walk on mainly after first opening every day, but other times of the year during holidays and festivals it always had a wait that extended outside. Once fastpass was added in the lines were even moreso and constant. Staggs and Disney pr can spin it/skew it how they wish, but there was nothing wrong with Maelstroms attendance, that was just one of the lousy excuses for ripping it out.
OK, maybe when you were there, but, never when I was. Were all the rest of the rides down at the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom