Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

So you wouldn't have mind it Frozen replaced say, The Seas with Nemo or Imagination? Both had smaller number of riders.
I guess for the seas all they would have to do is freeze the water... Let's talk sensibly here, ok? Imagination? In its current state replacing it with a landfill would be a major improvement.

Goofyernmost

Yes I am sure it was first tier for FP and yes often it was the 3rd longest line in the park (after Soarin and TT). I'm not imagining things.
Sounds like a very strong attempt to get people to go to it since it was primarily empty. All the newbie's wouldn't know any better. It didn't stay that way though did it? Prisons are full too, that doesn't mean people want to be there.;)

PizzaPlanet

And that is one of the most frustrating aspects of the park. The facilities are already there. The buildings are standing and usable. The ride systems are available. There are obsolete spare parts to consider (Energy) and curtailed track length to reinstate (Imagaination) but half the battle could be already won. Energy could again be a dramatic theatrical epic. Wonders could have a state of the art simulator ride and a classic multimedia show. Imagination is crying out to once again be an awe inspiring, cohesive building with a stellar E ticket dark ride for the 21st century. The Land has a superb theatre ready for a new presentation. There is tens of thousands of square foot of exhibit space still lit, cooled and standing empty. There's a whole restaurant building ready for use.

It is a crying shame so much could be gained for so little relative outlay.
I feel like they wont do anything to update these pavillions unless they have a sponser.

aladdin2007

I feel like they wont do anything to update these pavillions unless they have a sponser.

Sadly it does seem that way. The whole sponsor thing doesn't seem to work well anymore when it comes to large pavilions, companies don't want to pay the bloated costs just from the research/design alone as it is from imagineering....Okay I guess we should back to Norway and frozen here....Do you all hear the those construction sounds coming from inside? I wonder if the waterfall rocks are still there.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does Disney have someone in charge to get sponsorship for EPCOT? If Disney wants to improve EPCOT and want to hold onto the idea of pavillion sponsorship, then the first step would be to appoint someone in charge of that and make them accountable for that aspect of the park.

Goofyernmost

Does Disney have someone in charge to get sponsorship for EPCOT? If Disney wants to improve EPCOT and want to hold onto the idea of pavillion sponsorship, then the first step would be to appoint someone in charge of that and make them accountable for that aspect of the park.
With today's social media and cable TV, sponsorship is no longer a good return on investment for most companies. Sponsorship back when, was good because it got exposure to thousands that went to the place for something other then advertising. In its time, there was no widespread internet and only three major networks. Now, there is not much that a company can promote in a pavilion that either won't be obsolete within a few months or isn't already well known. I'd hate to be that guy responsible for sponsorship working on a commission basis.

Eventually, Disney will have to realize that if they intend to remain current, they have to invest in it themselves and stop relying on others to pay for their income flow.

Goofyernmost

It didn't need any attempt. Even before the Fastpass "plus" debacle it had lines whenever we visited. I wish it had been primarily empty. It would have been easier to shoot.

Though, as @raven says it often had the third often longest line in the park.
OK, I'll take your word for it. However, I must have a serious sense of timing because, with the exception of shortly after it opened, it was nothing more then a ghost town when I visited.

Also having the third largest line at Epcot, considering the fact that most of them do not really have lines because of capacity and design, I'm not sure that is a great accomplishment. It is going for some reason and I doubt it is because it was to popular for its own good. I'd be comfortable in saying that it had the longest line in all of World Showcase, but, that wouldn't be difficult. There are times when the ice cream snack carts have longer lines then some of the attractions.

HauntedMansionFLA

With today's social media and cable TV, sponsorship is no longer a good return on investment for most companies. Sponsorship back when, was good because it got exposure to thousands that went to the place for something other then advertising. In its time, there was no widespread internet and only three major networks. Now, there is not much that a company can promote in a pavilion that either won't be obsolete within a few months or isn't already well known. I'd hate to be that guy responsible for sponsorship working on a commission basis.

Eventually, Disney will have to realize that if they intend to remain current, they have to invest in it themselves and stop relying on others to pay for their income flow.
Great points! I sometimes forget that social media has taken over the world. You can tweet or # anything and it goes out to millions without spending a Penny. A scary thing could happen. Gut EPCOT and make it a theme park like the other parks - mirroring the MK. Could happen. The Frozen girls put a dent in the WS.

Matt_Black

Bullpuckey. Look at how much money stadiums get from naming rights. Even if sponsorship doesn't work, no one has told major companies that.

Goofyernmost

Great points! I sometimes forget that social media has taken over the world. You can tweet or # anything and it goes out to millions without spending a Penny. A scary thing could happen. Gut EPCOT and make it a theme park like the other parks - mirroring the MK. Could happen. The Frozen girls put a dent in the WS.
So did Donald, and it wouldn't surprise me at all if the trend continues at a rapid pace.

Goofyernmost

Bullpuckey. Look at how much money stadiums get from naming rights. Even if sponsorship doesn't work, no one has told major companies that.
There is a difference between having signs around an arena or pushing their product to a select target audience then randomly having to spend millions to maintain and up keep a pavilion and having a hit or miss audience. Besides having a name published there is also the expense of having something for people to see once inside. Comparably, arena sponsorship is parking meter change. So bullpuckey right back at ya! ;)

Matt_Black

So bullpuckey right back at ya! ;)

Them's fightin' words. Have at thee!

latest

KikoKea

Any ideas on where all those strollers that flock to the new Frozen ride are going? The pathway, like most areas around WS is not very wide and cannot accommodate a stroller park- bad enough walking around the lake when it is crowded already. Maybe they will have an area near the new construction next door? Or the small alley between Norway and China? I'm thinking they are going to be overrun with strollers so they better have a plan and a large area for them.

I forgot what the new construction for. Bathrooms and a meet and greet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom