Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

misterID

Yes, I was talking about EPCOT Ctr. the park and it's mission which was not Walt's vision of EPCOT at all, not even close. That was the point it started out attempting to be future oriented. They couldn't do it, so they changed the name to Epcot which is nothing more then a superficial same sounding name that no longer had that mission.

You are focusing in just two or three things that obviously did change drastically. They being Horizons, WoM and WoL. Imagination changed but not in subject, just in quality, but, it was then about Imagination and it still is. I know that Horizons lost it's sponsor and that is why Mission Space exists. You don't like MS so you feel it is the downfall of EPCOT when EPCOT died long before that. Personally, I like MS a lot better then Horizons. Horizons was OK, but, MS was a much more interactive attraction then Horizons ever was. Oh, and by the way, I am 67 years old... I'm not sure the teen description still applies to me. I even like TT, just not as much as WoM. And I am also sorry that you cannot see that Mexico was a different version of Small World, boat, dolls, catchy tune and all. If you cannot see that then I do not know what to say as well. That doesn't mean I didn't like it, just that I liked it for what it was which was a Mexican focused Small World. At least the new cartoon enhanced version is still slanted toward Mexican. I don't think it improved or took anything away from it that much.

In short... if the argument needs to be made then MS is a symptom of the death of EPCOT, not the cause of it.
Frozen killed the integrity of WS. That was my point. You are on a whole other trip that you are stubbornly dug into for whatever reason. I did not blame Frozen for ruining EPCOT. I dont know how else to say it. And yes, M:S was the beginning of the end for FW. It was the tipping point. Thats nice that you're in your 60s and you like it. It wasn't targeted at your demo. And if your view of interactive is pushing a button that does absolutely nothing and your actions have zero impact on your journey, than good, I'm glad it has a fan. I was such a fan of EPCOT I really was excited about M:S ... and then I rode it.

Norway was not a great ride, Frozen could/should be better, it still doesn't fit and was a dumb idea to place it in an area that isn't equipped to handle the crowds. It also shows they don't care about the theme, even though they're really pretending that they do.

Last edited:

rioriz

Hard for me to tell in the art, but are there going to be other buildings constructed as well? It seems like there are other structures in the background (aside from the church).

Edit: maybe the other buildings already are there in the pavilion. We are just seeing them from another angle.
I believe there may be one new structure to the right but I believe we are seeing current structures without the landscape blocking the view...

Last edited:

LL2WDW

nah, that is the roof, as you can see, if that was the floor the shadow length would be the same. red= top of wall to ground level, blue top of wall to top of roof (kneewall), if it was the floor<at ground level> the shadows would be the same length

Touche! I saw it so recently that I guess I just couldn't believe the roof had really been installed.

Goofyernmost

By looking at a variety of reports and estimates on attendance. It is something that has been repeatedly shown in several that instead of addressing you just deny.
You could be right. I am indeed basing it on my personal experience of standing in a winding queue for periods of time. Even standing in a line the went out the door in it's early years. Then later, towards it's end walking on repeatedly over a number of years before it closed. If you wish to go by reports and estimates your welcome to continue to deny what is actually experienced as opposed to what someone else estimates. Disney sure wouldn't advertise that the thing was falling on it's face, so, I will go with what I saw and experienced. You are free to do whatever you wish.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You could be right. I am indeed basing it on my personal experience of standing in a winding queue for periods of time. Even standing in a line the went out the door in it's early years. Then later, towards it's end walking on repeatedly over a number of years before it closed. If you wish to go by reports and estimates your welcome to continue to deny what is actually experienced as opposed to what someone else estimates. Disney sure wouldn't advertise that the thing was falling on it's face, so, I will go with what I saw and experienced. You are free to do whatever you wish.
In my experience, it was hardly ever a walk on. Not saying for your experience it wasnt. I dont know often you visit, but I usually visit several times per year as does my family. Occasionally there was a short wait for Maelstrom, but a majority of the time it was at least 15-20 minute wait. During busy periods, it was usually around 30-45 minimum. My brother was there just a few months before it closed and they rode several times and the wait was a solid 20-25 minutes.

Wife and I usually visit in January which is a slow period, and even then it was never a walk on. MAybe a 10 minute wait at the least, but thats not what I would call "walk on". Only time I ever recall walking right on was during EMH.

Goofyernmost

In my experience, it was hardly ever a walk on. Not saying for your experience it wasnt. I dont know often you visit, but I usually visit several times per year as does my family. Occasionally there was a short wait for Maelstrom, but a majority of the time it was at least 15-20 minute wait. During busy periods, it was usually around 30-45 minimum. My brother was there just a few months before it closed and they rode several times and the wait was a solid 20-25 minutes.

Wife and I usually visit in January which is a slow period, and even then it was never a walk on. MAybe a 10 minute wait at the least, but thats not what I would call "walk on". Only time I ever recall walking right on was during EMH.
10 to 20 minutes at WDW is a walk on. That later though was probably people wanting to take a last ride thus increasing the demand a little... very little.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I follow world news pretty closely, but must have missed the government of Norway legally changing the name of their country to Arendelle.

You would also have missed any Norwegian sponsorship of that section of the park, however Frozen has grossed over 1.2 billion at the box office so it has sufficient revenue reserves to expand its merchandising empire. After the release of Frozen, tourism from the US to Norway has increased some odd 37%. So it makes sense for both parties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom