Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyhead'71

Hearing Kathy Mangum's emphasis on the Norwegian aspects of this project makes me feel slightly better about all of this. Key word being slightly. I'm now in wait and see mode.
What I get is that they know there is a concern so they are paying it lip service. I predict the amount of actual Norwegian history or culture will be limited to decorative items supporting the Frozen theme.

Mouse3268

What I get is that they know there is a concern so they are paying it lip service. I predict the amount of actual Norwegian history or culture will be limited to decorative items supporting the Frozen theme.

I totally agree, but I'm almost to the point were some lip service is better than nope. My hope this that there is some cool transition in the beginning of the queue that takes folks from Norway to Arendelle, but I imagine that won't be the case.

misterID

First of all, THIS IS THE CONSTRUCTION THREAD. Which is why I was remarking on a photo from the current construction.
Second of all, your embittered remarks have absolutely NOTHING to do with the AA figure I was remarking on, AS USUAL.
Third of all, YES, I think the AA is cute. Not sure WHY that brings around yet another rant from you. I'm surprised you didn't link me to your three year old blog rant AGAIN.

Must be nice. Did you enjoy that? Feel good?

Duuuuuuuh! Uh ah guesss ah musta jus be reel stoopid then. Duuuuuuuuuh. (drags knuckles on ground)

Well that certainly is all relevant to what I think of a reindeer AA.
Buh -bye!
You didn't do yourself any favors with this post...

So many full metal
Jacket jokes.... "Nice one, private joker. Hell, I like you. You can come over to my house and ....."
I wanted to reply with another FMJ quote but literally nothing would make it through the censors.

dstrawn9889

I think you're seeing the concrete floor, and not the roof. From the way the walls are casting shadows, I don't believe a roof has been installed.
nah, that is the roof, as you can see, if that was the floor the shadow length would be the same. red= top of wall to ground level, blue top of wall to top of roof (kneewall), if it was the floor<at ground level> the shadows would be the same length

Attachments

• meet.jpg
    meet.jpg
    354.9 KB · Views: 139

danlb_2000

Premium Member
nah, that is the roof, as you can see, if that was the floor the shadow length would be the same. red= top of wall to ground level, blue top of wall to top of roof (kneewall), if it was the floor<at ground level> the shadows would be the same length

I agree, that's the roof not floor.

Goofyernmost

What we loved about WS is done, over, dead. Frozen killed it. Even though I appreciate Kathy's attempt to maintain some of the original meaning (that goes a long way IMO) of WS it's clear it's a lost battle. As you said, the only thing we can hope for is that IP intrusion can at least respect some of the cultural meaning of the countries as they did in Mexico.

I still don't know how they're going to justify a more kid/family centric WS with boozefest. Those lines, with that crowd, which is pretty disgusting on its own...yeah, its going to be great. And I'm serious, this really concerns me.

It is clear they don't get, or at this point care, about EPCOT.
It's a little weird to blame Frozen for the changes in Epcot. Here's the deal EPCOT Ctr, died (Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow) the very day that the name was changed to Epcot. The only thing that those 5 letters currently are is the name of a Theme Park. It has no other meaning, it hasn't represented the original thought since that very day. EPCOT hasn't been there for years, but, since it was spelt the same way as Epcot people never let that original mission rest in peace. Perhaps, they should have changed the name to "Bunch o' Stuff Park", but it wouldn't fit on the Mickey hand and wand. The future became the present, as it always does, and then morphed into the past all in less then 3 seconds.

misterID

It's a little weird to blame Frozen for the changes in Epcot. Here's the deal EPCOT Ctr, died (Experimental Prototype Community Of Tomorrow) the very day that the name was changed to Epcot. The only thing that those 5 letters currently are is the name of a Theme Park. It has no other meaning, it hasn't represented the original thought since that very day. EPCOT hasn't been there for years, but, since it was spelt the same way as Epcot people never let that original mission rest in peace. Perhaps, they should have changed the name to "Bunch o' Stuff Park", but it wouldn't fit on the Mickey hand and wand. The future became the present, as it always does, and then morphed into the past all in less then 3 seconds.
I blamed Frozen for killing WS, at least being the final nail in the coffin, not EPCOT. FW pretty much died when they sacrificed Horizons to cater to teens. They could have had both, not one over the other.

Goofyernmost

I blamed Frozen for killing WS, at least being the final nail in the coffin, not EPCOT. FW pretty much died when they sacrificed Horizons to cater to teens. They could have had both, not one over the other.
You completely missed my point, but, OK. The only problem was that Horizons was a walk on and as deserted as Imagination is now. Since the older people were not going to it... why not cater to teens? That also happened after EPCOT died. Then all bets were off, they could do whatever they wanted to because it no longer had the same mission except in the minds of some of us older folks. I'm happy that I can still enjoy what is there now as much as I did the old stuff. I miss some of them, Horizons wasn't one of them, but, I really do miss Imagination and WoM. The rest haven't really changed a whole hell of a lot. BTW, no one was going to WoL either. Who should we blame for that? Them or us for losing interest in it. Whether or not it is a good idea to put Frozen in Norway still remains to be seen, but, let's show at least a little bit of reality and admit that Maelstrom was a crashing bore. Mexico was not a sustainable re-ride anymore then the Three whatevers are now. But, one is no worse then the other. Mexico was a Mexican themed Small World with a tribute to the ride past the restaurant of PoTC at Disneyland from the very beginning. At least, that last part is the same as it was.

lazyboy97o

You completely missed my point, but, OK. The only problem was that Horizons was a walk on and as deserted as Imagination is now. Since the older people were not going to it... why not cater to teens? That also happened after EPCOT died. Then all bets were off, they could do whatever they wanted to because it no longer had the same mission except in the minds of some of us older folks. I'm happy that I can still enjoy what is there now as much as I did the old stuff. I miss some of them, Horizons wasn't one of them, but, I really do miss Imagination and WoM. The rest haven't really changed a whole hell of a lot. BTW, no one was going to WoL either. Who should we blame for that? Them or us for losing interest in it. Whether or not it is a good idea to put Frozen in Norway still remains to be seen, but, let's show at least a little bit of reality and admit that Maelstrom was a crashing bore. Mexico was not a sustainable re-ride anymore then the Three whatevers are now. But, one is no worse then the other. Mexico was a Mexican themed Small World with a tribute to the ride past the restaurant of PoTC at Disneyland from the very beginning. At least, that last part is the same as it was.
If people weren't going to everything that is now missed, where were they going since attendance was higher then? Were people just endlessly riding Spaceship Earth and nothing else?

misterID

I didn't miss your point goofy, you were talking about something completely different than I was. You, for some odd reason, went on about an EPCOT, aka Walt's city, that never existed. We're talking about an EPCOT that did exist. Not some pie in the sky idea that never made it past a model phase. And Horizons was a ten minute people eating omnimover, and had nothing to do with attendance... I've heard the same thing from people who didn't like it before and have no idea what the talking about. Like the sinkhole. No sponsor was its end and it turned into an expansion pad. It was actually up for a refurb. If you think the park hasn't changed a lot I don't know what to say. Everything fell apart with Horizons dying and M:S arrival.

Mexico is like IASW? In what universe?

Goofyernmost

I didn't miss your point goofy, you were talking about something completely different than I was. You, for some odd reason, went on about an EPCOT, aka Walt's city, that never existed. We're talking about an EPCOT that did exist. Not some pie in the sky idea that never made it past a model phase. And Horizons was a ten minute people eating omnimover, and had nothing to do with attendance... I've heard the same thing from people who didn't like it before and have no idea what the talking about. Like the sinkhole. No sponsor was its end and it turned into an expansion pad. It was actually up for a refurb. If you think the park hasn't changed a lot I don't know what to say. Everything fell apart with Horizons dying and M:S arrival.

Mexico is like IASW? In what universe?
Yes, I was talking about EPCOT Ctr. the park and it's mission which was not Walt's vision of EPCOT at all, not even close. That was the point it started out attempting to be future oriented. They couldn't do it, so they changed the name to Epcot which is nothing more then a superficial same sounding name that no longer had that mission.

You are focusing in just two or three things that obviously did change drastically. They being Horizons, WoM and WoL. Imagination changed but not in subject, just in quality, but, it was then about Imagination and it still is. I know that Horizons lost it's sponsor and that is why Mission Space exists. You don't like MS so you feel it is the downfall of EPCOT when EPCOT died long before that. Personally, I like MS a lot better then Horizons. Horizons was OK, but, MS was a much more interactive attraction then Horizons ever was. Oh, and by the way, I am 67 years old... I'm not sure the teen description still applies to me. I even like TT, just not as much as WoM. And I am also sorry that you cannot see that Mexico was a different version of Small World, boat, dolls, catchy tune and all. If you cannot see that then I do not know what to say as well. That doesn't mean I didn't like it, just that I liked it for what it was which was a Mexican focused Small World. At least the new cartoon enhanced version is still slanted toward Mexican. I don't think it improved or took anything away from it that much.

In short... if the argument needs to be made then MS is a symptom of the death of EPCOT, not the cause of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom