Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

prfctlyximprct

mqdefault.jpg

Thank you!! He's so cute I wanna give him a carrot!

jensenrick

Based on a single still photo?

First of all, THIS IS THE CONSTRUCTION THREAD. Which is why I was remarking on a photo from the current construction.
Second of all, your embittered remarks have absolutely NOTHING to do with the AA figure I was remarking on, AS USUAL.
Third of all, YES, I think the AA is cute. Not sure WHY that brings around yet another rant from you. I'm surprised you didn't link me to your three year old blog rant AGAIN.

In the room when Kathy Mangum started talking about Frozen Ever After there were some boos (including yours truly, wearing a Maelstrom shirt), a very light smattering of applause, but only after a nice awkward silence.

Must be nice. Did you enjoy that? Feel good?

Nobody over the age of 12, that has two brain cells to rub together thinks this is a good idea.

Duuuuuuuh! Uh ah guesss ah musta jus be reel stoopid then. Duuuuuuuuuh. (drags knuckles on ground)

Short of doing an overlay on a better attraction, I can't think of a worse way to integrate a frozen attraction in the parks. A better option would have been to gut it's a small world and put Frozen in its place.

Well that certainly is all relevant to what I think of a reindeer AA.
Buh -bye!

Magenta Panther

Based on a single still photo?

In the room when Kathy Mangum started talking about Frozen Ever After there were some boos (including yours truly, wearing a Maelstrom shirt), a very light smattering of applause, but only after a nice awkward silence.

Before anyone says, "this isn't the audience for a Frozen ride", there was a far better reaction to Frozen when it was mentioned for Tokyo.

Nobody over the age of 12, that has two brain cells to rub together thinks this is a good idea. Short of doing an overlay on a better attraction, I can't think of a worse way to integrate a frozen attraction in the parks. A better option would have been to gut it's a small world and put Frozen in its place (and no, this wouldn't include my fanboi idea of moving iasw).

If this ride is at Little Mermaid caliber it will have two hour waits at all times and unless you're staying on property, you'll never get a fastpass.

YES! THIS! Plus, everyone KNOWS this is a cheap quickie overlay. That's what I think really disgusts people, even those who had no feelings for Maelstrom. It feels exploitative and cynical. The Frozen LAND at Tokyo, on the other hand, looks like some effort at theming and creativity will be involved. Disney fans know Tokyo will do an outstanding job. You got that, Iger? People aren't STUPID. Why do you act like Americans are all dumb hicks who'll accept anything with the Disney logo on it and therefore will be satisfied with cheapie shortcut below-par attractions?

Magenta Panther

Not true, guests found the attractions themselves tedious and boring. Depth comes from theming. When something is cohesive in a theme park it is more pleasing both consciously and unconsciously. There's nothing to break you from that theme.

Look at the best attractions in each park. For the most part they aren't driven by an intellectual property. Those that are IP driven (Splash Mountain, Tower of Terror) use IP that Disney has either distanced themself from or the IP is less than integral to the attraction itself.

This will be a Frozen ride. It will not be a Norway ride with Frozen characters. What's worse is that because of the intellectual property, it will be very popular. It's the laziest possible choice to get Frozen in the parks and the laziest possible choice to draw people to Epcot.

And again, EVERYONE knows this.

The Robert Iger Company, ladies and gentlemen!

G00fyDad

First of all, THIS IS THE CONSTRUCTION THREAD. Which is why I was remarking on a photo from the current construction.
Second of all, your embittered remarks have absolutely NOTHING to do with the AA figure I was remarking on, AS USUAL.
Third of all, YES, I think the AA is cute. Not sure WHY that brings around yet another rant from you. I'm surprised you didn't link me to your three year old blog rant AGAIN.

Must be nice. Did you enjoy that? Feel good?

Duuuuuuuh! Uh ah guesss ah musta jus be reel stoopid then. Duuuuuuuuuh. (drags knuckles on ground)

Well that certainly is all relevant to what I think of a reindeer AA.
Buh -bye!

I'm not picking sides here (mainly because I don't really care about the conversation subject) but, are you 10 years old? I only ask because as I read your response that is the age at which I finally rested upon when trying to decide who would answer someone else in that manner. Again, I am not siding with RSoxNo1 here. Just curious as to why you would act the way you did. o_O

aladdin2007

Not seeing this posted anywhere yet, so here's an aerial image of the construction as of August 5th...

thanks for the update photo, still a shame an entire expansion pad for a new pavilion is being used for this, but that wasn't going to happen anyway, so from here on out this is probably how they will be using the pads, for expansions to existing pavilions etc.

rioriz

Not seeing this posted anywhere yet, so here's an aerial image of the construction as of August 5th...
Wow that was quick.....Im surprised how quick this is going up. I definitely thought this would be opening up after the ride but looks like it will open with

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom