Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sped2424

You know, if they DID a Frozen Land instead, people on this board would be complaining- "A whole land? Is there enough in Frozen for a whole land? Tangled only got bathrooms!"
There will always be hate due to the anti frozen brigade but even so many a insider and people I respect on here have admitted that while they may or may not like the film they acknowledge that Frozen deserved better than this.

Last edited:

KikoKea

IP, Intellectual Property. Thanks, all. Would not have guessed that.

With the thread's topic in mind...has there been anything released about the content of the show or effects?

TeriofTerror

I'm not anti-Frozen. I liked it. I'm ecstatic to see a Disney animated film so well-received. I'm glad it's getting an attraction. But:
It belongs in DHS or MK, and should not be usurping the space of an actual, you know, country.
Epcot needs and deserves so many things. To see resources used for this (as opposed to say, a new country) is just heartbreaking.
Last (and definitely least) Freezerburn is feeling like a legitimate syndrome at this point. Why promote or put effort into upcoming projects when Disney can just continue to ride the Frozen wave?

Disneyhead'71

Wow. I love this. You have just become my new best friend. I agree with everything you said. I might not say that Maelstrom was unpopular, but I will say that it was old and tired. Every time I rode it I thought...why am I riding this again. And yes...I bypassed the movie as well. I can't wait to see what happens here. Whether it's a fictional location or not. And if people don't get that...then don't ride it. Plenty of other people will and will enjoy it. I seriously don't get this mentality of "Let's rewind Epcot to it's 1980's state." Things change. People want bigger, better, faster, more. And Disney is going to give that to them. The more you refuse to change, the more you get left behind. I can't imagine what people would be saying if the attractions from Epcot opening day had been left there with no updates or changes.
So, you would be OK with Star Wars being in Africa@DAK? It actually fits better than Frozen in Norway.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I seriously don't get this mentality of "Let's rewind Epcot to it's 1980's state."
Claiming that people have a mentality of trying to "keep Epcot in the 80s" is a weak substitute for not being able to actually comprehend the true reasons for disappointment.

The more you refuse to change, the more you get left behind
Most of Disneys popular attractions and shows rely heavily upon outdated technology and/or design. They are the antithesis of what you claim, yet they remain at the top of their class. I wouldnt exactly call that, "left beihind"

I can't imagine what people would be saying if the attractions from Epcot opening day had been left there with no updates or changes.
Not all theme parks MUST be about attractions and how big or fast they are

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You know, if they DID a Frozen Land instead, people on this board would be complaining- "A whole land? Is there enough in Frozen for a whole land? Tangled only got bathrooms!"
Not if they built t in MAGIC KINGDOM. You cant make it seem like people are against things being built and added to the parks. They arent. Just respect the formula that made the parks great in the firs place. Is that so much to ask? Would you try to make corn bread out of a pineapple just because pineapples were a popular ingredient at the time?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Wow. I love this. You have just become my new best friend. I agree with everything you said. I might not say that Maelstrom was unpopular, but I will say that it was old and tired. Every time I rode it I thought...why am I riding this again. And yes...I bypassed the movie as well. I can't wait to see what happens here. Whether it's a fictional location or not. And if people don't get that...then don't ride it. Plenty of other people will and will enjoy it. I seriously don't get this mentality of "Let's rewind Epcot to it's 1980's state." Things change. People want bigger, better, faster, more. And Disney is going to give that to them. The more you refuse to change, the more you get left behind. I can't imagine what people would be saying if the attractions from Epcot opening day had been left there with no updates or changes.

I don't get the mentality of people who believe that all change is good. :)

brb1006

I still love the idea of meeting characters in a country where their from in World Showcase such as Alice, and Mary Poppins in England and Belle,Beast, and formerly Marie in Paris. It makes the experience extra special during you're visit in Epcot. I really don't understand some people disliking this idea it sounds fitting for any Disney fan who wants to meet their favorite characters besides Mickey & Friends. I'm glad they ditched the characters that we're seen in America On Parade starting in 1987 or 1988. Because they looks so creepy around guests and they we're huge looking.

Last edited:

jensenrick

crammed into what will be a little girls toddler pavilion, is not impressive.

Not sure why I waste my time repeating, but it's not just little toddler girls who like Frozen. Yeesh.

I havent seen too much of the merch move from the shop in terms of frozen, people seem to be much more interested in the Norway items than all the generic frozen merch........
Well, if that's true, I guarantee you that the merchandise will change.

wdwmagic really wants this thread to be about construction only so I guess all this should be discussed in the other frozen thread.

Yes, this thread really SHOULD be about the construction. Not sure why it's so difficult. Goodness knows there is that other thread for beating dead horses, OOPS I meant discussion about how thematic elements SHOULD be done. Not to mention every other single thread on this board doesn't go by without a "hope they don't stick Frozen in there!" joke, even if it's about hot dog stands or a new paint job.

jensenrick

So, you would be OK with Star Wars being in Africa@DAK? It actually fits better than Frozen in Norway.

Just for S&G, I'll bite on this absurd hook. How do you put a X-wing spinner in Africa and says it "fits"? Or are you only saying "fits better", curious how you would quantify the level of "fitness."

KikoKea

They don't need to build enthusiasm, it's built in.

I'm sure there's many who cannot wait for a Frozen ride and the enthusiasm and interest is there among fans. For others who are not sold on it, for whatever reason, a bit more information might spark a little more interest to see it. I liked the old Maelstrom, but things change. I will go and have a great time.

I'd like to see more about what they are planning, the special effects, the tech, changes to the building or track, etc. But, I'm the sort of person who tries to figure out how they did it when I see cool stuff. Doesn't spoil a thing for me!

jensenrick

For others who are not sold on it, for whatever reason, a bit more information might spark a little more interest to see it.

Oh, I highly and most sincerely doubt that.
Check the other thread (which I've bumped, you're welcome) and you'll see how many plan to stomp angrily past, (or only go once, just to assure themselves it's as horrible as they think it is) no matter what it looks like.

Disneyhead'71

Just for S&G, I'll bite on this absurd hook. How do you put a X-wing spinner in Africa and says it "fits"? Or are you only saying "fits better", curious how you would quantify the level of "fitness."
Star Wars was shot just outside of Tataouine (pronounced Tatooine) Tunisia. The Jawas and Jedi are dressed in traditional Bedouin (North African nomads) attire. The Skywalker home place is designed after Tunisian desert homes. And Mos Eisley Spaceport was inspired by

Tunis_Bab_Souika_1899.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom