Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoccerMickey

Remember when The Lion King was huge back in the mid 90's? There was merchandise for that film everywhere!
Yea and they did it for Stitch when he first came out and Pirates a year or two later. Its nothing new but I feel when those things were happening the rest of the parks didn't feel as stagnant as they do now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
A lot of people use the Omnimover as an excuse as to why the lamer rides don't have a line. It's some what true. The Omnimover is great at gobbling up guests. It's not a real excuse as to why these other rides don't have lines, though.

Look at Haunted Mansion. There are times when it's a walk on and there are times when there's a bit of a line but it moves fairly quickly. .
Mansion is a moot point. FP+ trashed its original access intent, an intent further diluted by sometimes ineffective timing of the stretch rooms. Assuming both are open.

roj2323

I see visions of the queue already

113843558.jpg

Hey I found Waldo
left side one inch in and about an inch and a quarter down. =)

roj2323

I have the feeling that Frozen Ever after (hate the name btw) will be FP+ only for at least the first 6 months. They are going to have to do something to control the crowds and it's the only thing I can think of that would do it. Otherwise the standby line is going to be out the door and all the way into china even with the newly extended super cue. The attraction just doesn't have the capacity.

Brad Bishop

Mansion is a moot point. FP+ trashed its original access intent, an intent further diluted by sometimes ineffective timing of the stretch rooms. Assuming both are open.

How is HM a moot point? You can go to it and there will be 20+min long waits. You go through the stretching rooms and the funnel is backed up. That's pretty much maximum throughput for the Omnimover.

Again, it's a 40+ year old ride, and the "well, it's an Omnimover so it just gobbles up people," excuse doesn't fit. For TLM or Nemo There is almost never a line. I think that the People Mover will backup before TLM will at the MK. The People Mover, while not an Omnimover, essentially acts as one with constant loading and unloading.

No matter how you slice it, TLM and Nemo just aren't compelling. I get it some of you really like those rides. I don't fault you for it. I'm just saying that you can see by the crowds that most people don't really care for them or, at least, they're not compelling enough to ride again and again.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
How is HM a moot point?
Because it has added obstructions before reaching the ride vehicle. The stretch rooms were designed to regulate flow but only if operated as per the OG. The mess of FP+ destroys any true guest flow.

Horizons and Motion were Omnis of the truest sense and had THC to match. Nemo and Mermaid are the closest to those attractions ride systems and capacity handling still around today.

Mike S

Because it has added obstructions before reaching the ride vehicle. The stretch rooms were designed to regulate flow but only if operated as per the OG. The mess of FP+ destroys any true guest flow.

Horizons and Motion were Omnis of the truest sense and had THC to match. Nemo and Mermaid are the closest to those attractions ride systems and capacity handling still around today.
image.jpg

I had to :hilarious:

AEfx

That would be a PR disaster.

They've created a huge problem for theirselves. They only have theirselves to blame.

I'll be honest - I don't think it's entirely inappropriate in Norway (Norway certainly doesn't think so, since according to their tourism board they never saw any significant uptake in tourism due to the original pavilion, which is why they dropped sponsorship, yet they say tourism has measurably increased due to the Frozen film - I bet they are tickled pink about this, and they didn't have to spend a cent).

I'm also not so sure it's beyond them to make it FP+ only at first - heck, look what happened to BoG. You not only can't even eat fast food now without one, you can't even cross the bridge to look at this building that is beckoning you.

That said, obviously - the capacity is the real issue,of course. I'm wondering if they are banking on "Frozen" seekers to be distributed between Epcot and DHS - I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Frozen summer stuff gets extended year-round to help balance it out. I don't think it will work, but that's the only way I can see them making sense of it.

Marlins1

How is HM a moot point? You can go to it and there will be 20+min long waits. You go through the stretching rooms and the funnel is backed up. That's pretty much maximum throughput for the Omnimover.

Again, it's a 40+ year old ride, and the "well, it's an Omnimover so it just gobbles up people," excuse doesn't fit. For TLM or Nemo There is almost never a line. I think that the People Mover will backup before TLM will at the MK. The People Mover, while not an Omnimover, essentially acts as one with constant loading and unloading.

No matter how you slice it, TLM and Nemo just aren't compelling. I get it some of you really like those rides. I don't fault you for it. I'm just saying that you can see by the crowds that most people don't really care for them or, at least, they're not compelling enough to ride again and again.
HM is never a moot point - it is still the greatest omnimover attraction of all time.

180º

That would be a PR disaster.
FWIW––It might ease crowds in the immediate area, as it did when Disneyland's old Frozen M&G venue went to reservation-only. Though that was a character location and it saw around 100/h, it also had seriously limited space for the 4-6 hour line clogging up Fantasyland. After switching to "return-time tickets" the crowds in the area seriously improved, as did the morale of guests in line. As for the guests who couldn't move heaven and earth to secure a reservation, well, that was a PR disaster, as you expressed. Suffice it to say,
They've created a huge problem for theirselves. They only have theirselves to blame.
Yeah.

Mike S

You gotta think, what idiot came up with the idea to make a ride about such a popular movie in a place that cannot handle crowds well, I can't wait to see their solutions to this...
He/She probably got a nice bonus. The solution to their idiocy is for CM's and GR to come up with sadly.

Provocateur, Rancanteur, Plaisanter, du Jour
Capacity issues can easily be solved.

With the premEAR of our newest attraction "FROZEN Ever After", The Walt Disney World Resort is announcing new "on-lap" seating. This added bonus of our FP+ program will allow you to pre book your ride on this MAGICal attraction. Your ride will be unobstructed as you rest comfortably on a stand-by passengers "lap". No "on-lap" experience will be exactly the same each time as the "lap" will be a completely random selection.

With the projected success of "on-lap" seating for our newest attraction, we will be rolling it out resort wide on every FP+ attraction. Come and enjoy the new "perks" at the Walt Disney Resort in Florida.

*1023*

AEfx

It's totally inappropriate in Epcot. IMHO.

Which is one reason I'm currently pricing up a surprisingly affordable TDL trip.

And I totally see why folks feel that way - obviously, it belongs in Fantasyland with it's own new attraction. No doubt.

Funny you should mention TDL - I wonder how different UK vs US pricing is for a trip. No joke, after the "incident" a few years ago - and I mean, like a week after, LOL - I checked on flight prices to Tokyo. They were over $2K. I guess I was half expecting bargain prices LOL.

AEfx

And...Norwegians aren't necessarily "thrilled" about Frozen moving in...at least according to this news report.

First, did you watch the whole video? :)

The person being interviewed who is pushing that agenda is a CM on the attraction. ;)

I am referring to the Norwegian travel industry, which has seen a 37% increase in overall hotel bookings, their budget airline (their "Southwest") has seen a 52% increase in traffic (link), and a 40% increase in tours (including Disney's own) (link).

Frozen has been a bonanza for Norway the country. That's a fact. That doesn't mean it does or does not belong where it's being put at WDW - but I don't think anyone needs to cry for Norway, because they didn't have to pay or do a dang thing. They are laughing all the way to the bank right now, so yeah - unless they work at the attraction like the guy in the video, or have some special connection to it - it's just a small set of buildings on the other side of the world to most of them. Epcot simply doesn't have the cache and prestige that EPCOT had back in the day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom