Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

This thread is cracking me up! I can't believe this is actually happening!

Believe it.

It's currently the most popular property Disney has and outside of Star Wars, there is nothing that looks like it will challenge that until the sequel comes out.

There's going to be long-term interest in frozen whether people like it or not. Now to take the lowest capacity attraction in Epcot and theme it to the most popular property Disney has? That's just ridiculous.

It's not Ambitious enough.

@magicdisneypass

Believe it.

It's currently the most popular property Disney has and outside of Star Wars, there is nothing that looks like it will challenge that until the sequel comes out.

There's going to be long-term interest in frozen whether people like it or not. Now to take the lowest capacity attraction in Epcot and theme it to the most popular property Disney has? That's just ridiculous.

As I've said, I don't see anything groundbreaking in this attraction which they should be able to do considering the gobs of money they've made off of this extremely low budget film. Why not use the popularity of Frozen to build the first trackless attraction at WDW? Where is our "Mystic Manor" I feel left out. Disney Asia has all of the cutting edge attractions while we get a redecorated boat ride that has to be at least 35 years old....

Mike S

As I've said, I don't see anything groundbreaking in this attraction which they should be able to do considering the gobs of money they've made off of this extremely low budget film. Why not use the popularity of Frozen to build the first trackless attraction at WDW? Where is our "Mystic Manor" I feel left out. Disney Asia has all of the cutting edge attractions while we get a redecorated boat ride that has to be at least 35 years old....
26, but your overall point is spot on.

Mike S

Believe it.

Frozen's cheap and the lines are long, Hasa Diga Eebowai.

PhotoDave219

There's nothing groundbreaking. It's simple repurposing.

@magicdisneypass

26, but your overall point is spot on.

Thank you sir! I am not the most knowledgeable Disney fan by far, but I know what I like. After seeing the rides they have in Hong Kong, it makes me feel like we here in America are getting the short end of the stick. I know that it is a brand new park so everything is going to be a lot nicer than a park that is approaching 50, but we have so much land here to build on! I really hope Avatar land lives up to the hype!

hopemax

I have a bad feeling that it will be like those card testing shenanigans from the M&G. Basically, if you don't get a FP+ in advance, you would rush to the ride and pick up a card (or old school FP machine) with a return time, once those are gone, that's it. And the quantity of times distributed will be to allow for whatever indoor size queue they've allotted (45 min wait or whatever).

So I don't think lines will be hours long, because it will be set up to be capped. But the line at guest services...yeah, that one will be long. Oh, and the line for the initial daily distribution.

PhotoDave219

Just adding on.... I'm not a Frozen fan by ANY stretch of the imagination. I'd sooner drill a hole through my hand (left).

Alas Frozen deserves better. Epcot deserves better. For any countless reasons, it doesn't belong in Epcot. Pick your reason and your right. (I can thing of three - Doesnt fit what Epcot is, Toonification of World Showcase and F&W) Yes, Epcot needs an attendance boost but its needed one since 1992, why start worrying about it now? (18% growth in 22 years says they've never cared)

Looking at this from a strict management, Return on Investment POV and seeing where demand and a sequel in the works? I go all in. There's no reason whatsoever to do this on a small scale. If you're going to Make Arendale? Make Arendale. Whatever was/is going in the back of DHS clearly will not have the financial impact that Frozen would have. Make Oaken's Trading Post, put a restaurant back there, put a huge E-ticket people eating ride, put a small ice rink back there again, a meet and greet and a small ride of some sort and even put the sing-a-long too, keeping the same theatre. Push that, and you've got something big opening at the Studios prior to 2021 Star Wars.

The company has put a large investment in Frozen and you have to be ambitious here. They'll cash in huge, you'll have two of the hottest propertys in DHS at the same time and volia. You get Avatar opening as well and the crowd spreads out.

(As for Epcot... at what point can we start considering Mission:Space a potential expansion pad?)

ght

Just adding on.... I'm not a Frozen fan by ANY stretch of the imagination. I'd sooner drill a hole through my hand (left).

Alas Frozen deserves better. Epcot deserves better. For any countless reasons, it doesn't belong in Epcot. Pick your reason and your right. (I can thing of three - Doesnt fit what Epcot is, Toonification of World Showcase and F&W) Yes, Epcot needs an attendance boost but its needed one since 1992, why start worrying about it now? (18% growth in 22 years says they've never cared)

Looking at this from a strict management, Return on Investment POV and seeing where demand and a sequel in the works? I go all in. There's no reason whatsoever to do this on a small scale. If you're going to Make Arendale? Make Arendale. Whatever was/is going in the back of DHS clearly will not have the financial impact that Frozen would have. Make Oaken's Trading Post, put a restaurant back there, put a huge E-ticket people eating ride, put a small ice rink back there again, a meet and greet and a small ride of some sort and even put the sing-a-long too, keeping the same theatre. Push that, and you've got something big opening at the Studios prior to 2021 Star Wars.

The company has put a large investment in Frozen and you have to be ambitious here. They'll cash in huge, you'll have two of the hottest propertys in DHS at the same time and volia. You get Avatar opening as well and the crowd spreads out.

(As for Epcot... at what point can we start considering Mission:Space a potential expansion pad?)
My only regret is that I have but one like to give this post

hopemax

It would even be better if they just used the country pad they are building the M&G and bathrooms on, to fully build out Arendelle, accessible through some "hidden" portal in Norway. Their very own Diagon Alley. Heck, they could do that for all the counties, with empty pads next to them. Present both real and fictional worlds, and let the people decide which they want, and Epcot becomes an interesting place to be (even if it's not pure).

PhotoDave219

It would even be better if they just used the country pad they are building the M&G and bathrooms on, to fully build out Arendelle, accessible through some "hidden" portal in Norway. Their very own Diagon Alley. Heck, they could do that for all the counties, with empty pads next to them. Present both real and fictional worlds, and let the people decide which they want, and Epcot becomes an interesting place to be (even if it's not pure).

Actually, that makes sense too seeing as we are stuck with it. Might as well go all in.

JordanNite

Parents with small children were queing for a good 3 hours just to get a picture with Elsa. They will go out of their minds to actually have a ride on the experience.

Walls will be torn down, people will be jumping over one another, parents will be parachuting down from above, people will be queuing up in the early hours ride Maelstrom, i mean Frozen Ever and be willing to queue for 36 hours without sleep. We will see tents, the works.

wogwog

If I'm in operations, I find a new home within the next year. I feel bad for anyone in Guest Relations or that has the responsibility to make this work.

Maybe Cava del Tequila will run some frozen specials for parents?
You are spot on about operations. I have a friend/neighbor who was a GSM in operations at MK for the Frozen girls meet and great launch. He called everyone he could to escape. Yup, he is a GSM in World Showcase now. Think I should give him a call and see when he is eligible to move again. :joyfull:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom