Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhotoDave219

I can't, it would be great if they had some plan to account for the lack of capacity, but I can't begin to imagine what that would be.

We all agree with that. They are woefully under estimating the crowds… Yet on the other hand they're projecting a 20% increase.

One part of the company doing one thing and another part of the company doing another… Such as the ways of the mouse.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
imagine the potential if it was so good it always had a 30 minute wait? And if they would go the expensive route they could make a roller coaster where FIgment is, and the Captain EO theater if it gets a new show could be cloned to: Paris, Tokyo, and Anaheim. But a roller coaster would be better for a new pavilion in WS, so let's assume they make a Phineas & Ferb attraction where figment was.
While I admire your enthusiasm, you are wasting your time hoping anything will happen to Imagination and UoE anytime soon. Your efforts may be better spent in the armchair imagineering forum

danheaton

We all agree with that. They are woefully under estimating the crowds… Yet on the other hand they're projecting a 20% increase.

One part of the company doing one thing and another part of the company doing another… Such as the ways of the mouse.

I think they really need to slim down how they work. I guarantee one of the main reasons Universal moves faster is they have fewer layers of approvals to get things started. Giants like Disney move way too slowly, and it's dangerous for them in the long run in terms of the parks.

ght

I don't know if they expect a 20% increase but assume it will be evenly distributed throughout the park over the course of the day or what. If that is the case, I have been to enough Frozen Fun stuff at Disneyland to know that the crowds it attracts immediately heads straight to it causing a huge crowd right from opening. I can only imagine this will be 10X worse and sustained for the better part of the day (no running out of Meet and Greet fast passes, etc. just stand and stand and stand in line). I would not want to be anywhere near Norway (or in the path to Norway) when the park opens.

Mawg

I'd bet 3 to 5 hours...:banghead:
I think you are right, and now the meet and greet there too. I can see parents spending their whole day in Norway to accomplish two things. Of course, you could book breakfast there before the park opens, Have a fast pass for the morning for both the meet and greet and the ride. Have breakfast, get in line for the ride before the crowds get there (If it opens at park opening), then do your two fast passes for the ride and meet and greet. and get out of there before 11 am. Then go enjoy TT and Soarin with no waits because everyone is still in Norway. A savvy planner (combined with a lot of luck) could really make out.

JohnD

I wouldn't call it a classic ride either, but you did hit one one issue with this move. Maelstrom was not nor was it intended to be a big ticket ride. Frozen is going to have to be a big ticket ride, given the massive popularity of that property. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like this is going to be a mess with crowds in that area which is going to be a huge problem even if the content somehow ends up being spectacular (which I highly doubt it will).

I think this ride will have to open when FW does even if the rest of WS remains closed until 11:00.

Mawg

I'm predicting the queus will head out towards the entrance .... and up the road.
Won't happen, at a certain point they'll just tell people the standby line is closed or give out Passes that let people come back in 4 hours to get in the 4 hour standby line until capacity it reached for the day then they will close the line (all of this will happen by noon each day for at least a year after opening)

JohnD

It as if their strategy is having Frozen will get kids to drag their parents to the park, but the attraction won't get that crowded because what will ultimately be there will be so uninspiring that enough the parents will say "never mind" after they get there

As bad as the name is, at least it doesn't share an acronym with an obscene phrase.

Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor?

JordanNite

Won't happen, at a certain point they'll just tell people the standby line is closed or give out Passes that let people come back in 4 hours to get in the 4 hour standby line until capacity it reached for the day then they will close the line (all of this will happen by noon each day for at least a year after opening)

Their will be riots at Epcot if that happened. Little Janice or little Tilda in their Elsa dresses will demand to ride, even if they have to wait 8 hours. I see Epcot becoming a 24 hour park just to appease the masses for this one ride. Magic Kingdom, Studios, Animal Kingdom will see double digit falls in attendance ... Epcot will surge to become the number one theme park in the world.

mahnamahna101

I think you are right, and now the meet and greet there too. I can see parents spending their whole day in Norway to accomplish two things. Of course, you could book breakfast there before the park opens, Have a fast pass for the morning for both the meet and greet and the ride. Have breakfast, get in line for the ride before the crowds get there (If it opens at park opening), then do your two fast passes for the ride and meet and greet. and get out of there before 11 am. Then go enjoy TT and Soarin with no waits because everyone is still in Norway. A savvy planner (combined with a lot of luck) could really make out.
Test Track and Soarin' will benefit from Frozen the same way the Mountains at MK benefited from SDMT/Anna. The lines for both should be relatively short since EVERYONE will head to Norway first. It'll take until noon for TT and Soarin' to get their stereotypically long lines instead of 10am.

aladdin2007

Their will be riots at Epcot if that happened. Little Janice or little Tilda in their Elsa dresses will demand to ride, even if they have to wait 8 hours. I see Epcot becoming a 24 hour park just to appease the masses for this one ride. Magic Kingdom, Studios, Animal Kingdom will see double digit falls in attendance ... Epcot will surge to become the number one theme park in the world.

little tilda, man that cracked me up. :hilarious:, I agree though its going to be a mess and need to be open 24/7.

mahnamahna101

...or parents just make their kids go do other stuff with no wait and still have just as much fun.

There won't be South Park-esque rioting at WDW anytime soon lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom