Norway Pavilion Frozen construction - Frozen Ever After ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

ght

Maelstrom was a horrible ride it was never meant to be a big ticket ride. Went for years and never went on it. When I did I was so disappointed in it more then likely because everyone built it up so much. It was not a good ride it needed to be replaced upgraded something

Now going to frozen is not my choice but those that keep saying it was a classic ride please come on no where close to it. In my opinion.
I wouldn't call it a classic ride either, but you did hit one one issue with this move. Maelstrom was not nor was it intended to be a big ticket ride. Frozen is going to have to be a big ticket ride, given the massive popularity of that property. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like this is going to be a mess with crowds in that area which is going to be a huge problem even if the content somehow ends up being spectacular (which I highly doubt it will).

Mike S

I wouldn't call it a classic ride either, but you did hit one one issue with this move. Maelstrom was not nor was it intended to be a big ticket ride. Frozen is going to have to be a big ticket ride, given the massive popularity of that property. Maybe I am wrong, but it seems like this is going to be a mess with crowds in that area which is going to be a huge problem even if the content somehow ends up being spectacular (which I highly doubt it will).
You're not wrong. Anyone with common sense should be able to see this ride will be a mess with crowds.

900 guests per hour

Phil12

For what it's worth, I'm a 31 year old man, and without getting into arguments over whether or not Frozen SHOULD be in Norway, I am much more excited to ride Frozen Ever After for the first time than I would be to ever ride Maelstrom again.
If people keep complaining about Frozen Ever After, Disney will redo the attraction a la Journey into Imagination with Figment. They'll center the ride around the Swedish Chef since Norway is next door to Sweden and the guests are tourists, what do they know!

ght

You're not wrong. Anyone with common sense should be able to see this ride will be a mess with crowds.

900 guests per hour
This is my biggest issue. While Frozen in Norway isn't ideal, I can live with that. The problem for me is this likely creates a logistics nightmare for the pavilion and also sells Frozen short. Plus, with the sequel coming just a couple years after the ride opens, these issues will likely continue, if not get worse, well into the future. I would be excited to take my daughter on a Frozen ride, I enjoyed the movie and she would have a closet full of nothing but Elsa dresses if we let her. Having to endure the crowded mess that this will be really stomps on that enthusiasm.

Daveeeeed

Do you know how they adding capacity?
Would it be bigger logs or closer spacings between logs? I'm assuming that there are limited options given that the ride system is not changing.
All of the above. More than likely it can't change just because the old system couldn't support it. I wish they were willing to not have a 180+ minute wait. It's like seriously Disney? you couldn't have just spent 80 million bux to make the ride a two minutes longer and also have a double boat loading dock.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
This is my biggest issue. While Frozen in Norway isn't ideal, I can live with that. The problem for me is this likely creates a logistics nightmare for the pavilion and also sells Frozen short. Plus, with the sequel coming just a couple years after the ride opens, these issues will likely continue, if not get worse, well into the future. I would be excited to take my daughter on a Frozen ride, I enjoyed the movie and she would have a closet full of nothing but Elsa dresses if we let her. Having to endure the crowded mess that this will be really stomps on that enthusiasm.

They could go Fastpass only.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
All of the above. More than likely it can't change just because the old system couldn't support it. I wish they were willing to not have a 180+ minute wait. It's like seriously Disney? you couldn't have just spent 80 million bux to make the ride a two minutes longer and also have a double boat loading dock.

Neither of those would really solve the capacity problem. Capacity can only be increased by increase the number of riders per vehicle, or decreasing the distance between them.

Daveeeeed

They could go Fastpass only.
They could, but that ruins the whole Disney feel, and not to mention many foreigners, or first timers don't know the system, so that would leave a huge amount of people out of it. That's also the reason why they're adding a third track to TSMM.

hokielutz

I haven't had time to read though the entire thread... but I'm sure there are many who have also expressed disappointment/anger, but no real surprise, that the ride path/track is not changing from Maelstrom. Sincere booo!!

Daveeeeed

It's sad how Disney is practically refusing to make an exceptional ride instead of just making a good, but disappointing ride. Using the new Audio animatronics will be awesome, and that alone will make it a good ride, but it will still be weighted down with extremely small loading capacity. Not to mention how short it will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom